Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  12:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stripped down to its bare bones,
The skeleton is still alive.

Dense, ossified tissue is somehow sentient.

And even when life force leaves the body,
And the calcified bones turn to dust,
Won't they still be somewhat alive, since they are held in the bosom of space and earth?

Who knows?

I only know that rubbing the eyes feels good to the mind
Because swells of doubt and worry dissipate with the influx of intelligent particles.

The hunger of emptiness is insatiable
Devouring miles of landscape in pursuit of Itself.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  10:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
its hands and feet are everywhere ,its eyes ,its heads,and faces are everywhere,its ears are everywhere

it shines through all functions of all the senses and yet it is devoid of senses .it is unattached and yet it sustains all .it is devoid of gunas,and yet it enjoys them

it is without and within all beings .it is unmoving and also moving .it is incomprehensible because it is subtle .it is far away ,and yet is near .

krishna to arjuna dialoge on the field and the knower of the field.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  11:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
ts hands and feet are everywhere ,its eyes ,its heads,and faces are everywhere,its ears are everywhere

it shines through all functions of all the senses and yet it is devoid of senses .it is unattached and yet it sustains all .it is devoid of gunas,and yet it enjoys them

it is without and within all beings .it is unmoving and also moving .it is incomprehensible because it is subtle .it is far away ,and yet is near .

krishna to arjuna dialoge on the field and the knower of the field.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  12:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, Kumar. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  1:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got a nice reality check. I went to "the foot whisperer" (http://www.footwhisperer.com), and he did some reflexology on my feet. He said I need to slow down, ground, and eat more heavily. He said that I was in a dangerous energetic position, and that my body couldn't handle the amount of ecstasy I was trying to conduct through it. He said my metabolism was super-fast. He emphasized the importance of playing with the density of the body, and being my own detective. I told him about AYP and self-pacing.

Of course, I went to him on an empty stomach, but still, there were obviously signs of overdoing it. The feet reflect the entire body and internal organs, and if you know how to read them, you can tell quite a bit about what's happening in the system. So, after the session, I immediately went and bought a hamburger, and felt better.

I guess that's also why I have backed off Spinal Breathing in the past couple years...to ease up on the energy.

Well, working 40 hours a week, while also going to school for 30 hours a week, is a challenge, but I guess I'm just going to have to eat more and load up the body, which is easy enough.

As much as I want to transcend the body and exert mental will power to become a being made of light, I still have to love the body and let the divine get absorbed into this dense flesh in a smooth manner. All in good time.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of foot whisperer. Good to know you got the confirmation of prana overload from a professional.

The mommy in me is going to say- take your vitamins and meal plan.

You have plenty of time to take off in your light body.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  10:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the motherly wisdom.

Some Whitman to fit the mood:

O baffled, balk'd, bent to the very earth,
Oppress'd with myself that I have dared to open my mouth,
Aware now that amid all that blab whose echoes recoil upon me, I have not once had the least idea who or what I am,
But that before all my arrogant poems the real Me stands yet untouch'd, untold, altogether unreach'd,
Withdrawn far, mocking me with mock-congratulatory signs and bows,
With peals of distant, ironical laughter at every word I have written,
Pointing in silence to these songs, and then to the sand beneath.

I perceive I have not really understood any thing, not a single object, and that no man ever can,
Nature here in sight of the sea taking advantage of me to dart upon me and sting me,
Because I have dared to open my mouth to sing at all.

And that's golden comfort to me. That is sublimely soothing. Back to the unknowing.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  10:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I kinda get that one. I have no clue what I am.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  10:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I kinda get that one. I have no clue what I am.

Enlightenment. The peace which passes all understanding.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  2:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a waterfall-lightning bolt crashing down and striking upon eroding rocks
I'm the soft touch of a mother soothing and caressing her sickly child
I'm the quiet space that often goes unnoticed when the traffic of madness wreaks havoc on the highway

I am the perfect order and flow of all moving parts
I am the healer and the healed
I am Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, and all the avatars combined

Behind the scenes, yet in front of the camera
Learned of knowledge, yet bereft of tyrannical agenda

I grow tired of speaking of who I am, and who I am not
I prefer to show you what I can do through the arts and crafts of Being
The exhibition/demonstration/festival of humanity compels the soul more than shallow ontological scribbles etched on a page
The intimate gestures of flesh merging with flesh prove more about love than monolithic libraries, gathered hypotheses, superimposed speculations

I am a scholar of movement, first and foremost, sprung from the seed vibration, trickling out into the manifest world, biding my time to maximize my time, imitating the masters to forge my own signature on the barren landscape

I must absorb you, as you equally absorb me

Therefore, who I am is only as good as what I do

The law of the jungle substantiates and reinforces the pack, the herd, the whole ecosystem
With these words I point to the ultimate story—exposition and denouement included, even if surpassed and simplified
I paint a collage of thematic coherence, dabbled from the brushstrokes of a smartphone

And I rest, and recuperate, and rejuvenate the strands of DNA that have sewn my body together, piece by piece.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  5:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my goodness, Bodhi...

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  6:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - May 29 2016 :  8:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Extraordinary .
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 30 2016 :  12:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  11:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhi Kumar Sunyata Charliedog

Bhakti

Just a little closer. A little bit closer to silence—that's all I need. To be submerged, under the water of pure bliss consciousness. To drown in such a way that as I gasp for air, I take in gulps of solid emptiness.

And memory. To follow the perfect continuity of the thread that weaves all sequences of moments together. Yes, to remember the precious, evolving, blossoming fruit of time and space, which have given me such potent glimpses into truth, and beauty.

And to feel less distant from my home. To feel, with certainty, even if unprovable, my eternal nature. To touch the ground substance which is the composition of me...as I retract and recede into my being.

Most importantly, to share with others. To merge and melt with you into the frictionless place beyond pain or doubt. Yes, let's meet there. And let's stay there for as long as we wish.

More Specifics, Please

There is a lightning storm crackling and exploding outside. The electric rivulets scar the night sky. The bolts are like flashy knives ripping through the curtain of darkness. So it goes in Tampa...the so-called lightning capital of the world.

Do these words personify too much? Do you want something more impersonal?

Sorry, I cannot oblige. After all, there is still a unique person here through which these words flow—who perceives the volatility of the violent weather, who reports to you the granular texture of this wildness now unfolding. I must stick to the personal, and the transpersonal, and that level of reality requires the elucidation of details. Oh, the gritty, slimy, terrible details of past, present, and future—how they mock the abstract mind, and how the abstract mind mocks them in return!

I reflect upon the configuration of the square, seminar-like seating in my classroom, which is very conducive to discussion. We all sit along the perimeter. As each day passes, the faces of my classmates acquire more depth, more meaning. Their expressions and peculiar body language swerve and wobble with the changing mood and focus of the group. Today I noticed one woman very quietly thumping her foot rhythmically on the floor, in nervousness. On the other side of the square, I saw another student doing the same. My musical mind gauged the tempo of their thumping to be identical, in perfect synchronization. And yet, they were not aware of their anxious harmony. But I was.

The electricity of the atmosphere. The electricity of bodies. The electricity of God.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." — Obi Wan Kenobi

Random Confession

Retaining the seed can be a challenge.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  07:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Just a little closer. A little bit closer to silence—that's all I need. To be submerged, under the water of pure bliss consciousness. To drown in such a way that as I gasp for air, I take in gulps of solid emptiness.

And memory. To follow the perfect continuity of the thread that weaves all sequences of moments together. Yes, to remember the precious, evolving, blossoming fruit of time and space, which have given me such potent glimpses into truth, and beauty.

And to feel less distant from my home. To feel, with certainty, even if unprovable, my eternal nature. To touch the ground substance which is the composition of me...as I retract and recede into my being.

Most importantly, to share with others. To merge and melt with you into the frictionless place beyond pain or doubt. Yes, let's meet there. And let's stay there for as long as we wish.

these
words
they bring
me a
little bit
closer

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 03 2016 08:36:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  08:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
Bhakti

Just a little closer. A little bit closer to silence—that's all I need. To be submerged, under the water of pure bliss consciousness. To drown in such a way that as I gasp for air, I take in gulps of solid emptiness......

You create a masterpiece of color, texture and emotionally ravishing narration with the flow of your words. Keep sharing please....

quote:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." — Obi Wan Kenobi

Exactly !!!

quote:
Retaining the seed can be a challenge.

The challenges within wild ecstatic bliss overload.

Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

these
words
they bring
me a
little bit
closer

Yes they do!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  2:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

quote:
Bhakti

Just a little closer. A little bit closer to silence—that's all I need. To be submerged, under the water of pure bliss consciousness. To drown in such a way that as I gasp for air, I take in gulps of solid emptiness......

You create a masterpiece of color, texture and emotionally ravishing narration with the flow of your words. Keep sharing please....

Yes, please
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  7:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

these
words
they bring
me a
little bit
closer

Hurray!

quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

You're far too kind.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Yes, please

At your service.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  8:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Childlike Mind

Remembering that the shadow is cast by the light, I return again to simplicity. And perhaps the source of the light is darkness itself...the quiet darkness, that is. Before creation, all is peacefully dark.

Looking at my body, which is split into symmetrical sides, I find the game of division in play. Right and left, front and back. The conceptual, anatomical planes: sagittal, coronal, transverse. All is one, of course. All is many, naturally.

Enlightenment is moving forward. Enlightenment is moving nowhere.

I like to look at her face, her lips, her smile, her eyes. In looking, I see a more curved variation of myself. In looking, I give her the chance to look back. And when intertwined, we are looking together...forgetting who is looking at who.

I remember, and I forget, and in between the remembering and forgetting, is the knowingness.

Whitman

TO YOU.

WHOEVER you are, I fear you are walking the walks of dreams,
I fear these supposed realities are to melt from under your feet and hands,
Even now your features, joys, speech, house, trade, manners, troubles, follies, costume, crimes, dissipate away from you,
Your true soul and body appear before me,
They stand forth out of affairs, out of commerce, shops, work, farms, clothes, the house, buying, selling, eating, drinking, suffering, dying.

Whoever you are, now I place my hand upon you, that you be my poem,
I whisper with my lips close to your ear,
I have loved many women and men, but I love none better than you.

O I have been dilatory and dumb,
I should have made my way straight to you long ago,
I should have blabb'd nothing but you, I should have chanted nothing but you.

I will leave all and come and make the hymns of you,
None has understood you, but I understand you,
None has done justice to you, you have not done justice to yourself,
None but has found you imperfect, I only find no imperfection in you,
None but would subordinate you, I only am he who will never consent to subordinate you,
I only am he who places over you no master, owner, better, God, beyond what waits intrinsically in yourself.

Painters have painted their swarming groups and the centre-figure of all,
From the head of the centre-figure spreading a nimbus of gold-color'd light,
But I paint myriads of heads, but paint no head without its nimbus of gold-color'd light,
From my hand from the brain of every man and woman it streams, effulgently flowing forever.

O I could sing such grandeurs and glories about you!
You have not known what you are, you have slumber'd upon yourself all your life,
Your eyelids have been the same as closed most of the time,
What you have done returns already in mockeries,
(Your thrift, knowledge, prayers, if they do not return in mockeries, what is their return?)

The mockeries are not you,
Underneath them and within them I see you lurk,
I pursue you where none else has pursued you,
Silence, the desk, the flippant expression, the night, the accustom'd routine, if these conceal you from others or from yourself, they do not conceal you from me,
The shaved face, the unsteady eye, the impure complexion, if these balk others they do not balk me,
The pert apparel, the deform'd attitude, drunkenness, greed, premature death, all these I part aside.

There is no endowment in man or woman that is not tallied in you,
There is no virtue, no beauty in man or woman, but as good is in you,
No pluck, no endurance in others, but as good is in you,
No pleasure waiting for others, but an equal pleasure waits for you.

As for me, I give nothing to any one except I give the like carefully to you,
I sing the songs of the glory of none, not God, sooner than I sing the songs of the glory of you.

Whoever you are! claim your own at any hazard!
These shows of the East and West are tame compared to you,
These immense meadows, these interminable rivers, you are immense and interminable as they,
These furies, elements, storms, motions of Nature, throes of apparent dissolution, you are he or she who is master or mistress over them,
Master or mistress in your own right over Nature, elements, pain, passion, dissolution.

The hopples fall from your ankles, you find an unfailing sufficiency,
Old or young, male or female, rude, low, rejected by the rest, whatever you are promulges itself,
Through birth, life, death, burial, the means are provided, nothing is scanted,
Through angers, losses, ambition, ignorance, ennui, what you are picks its way.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  9:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This one brought me to tears.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  9:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you, Lalow
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  9:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you Bodhi. You will be a good teacher.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000