Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  6:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  9:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Tonight, in my office, I heard some bone-chilling screams from a woman in the hall who had just found out that her son had been killed in a motorcycle accident. I've never heard a scream so piercing. It cut right through me. I stepped into the hall when I first heard her shrieking, and looked at her agony. She was surrounded by a few co-workers who were giving her space to process the shock and the tragedy. She would scream, then sob and take heaving breaths, then scream again. That went on for a short while. Eventually, they took her outside and drove her to the scene of the acciden

My heart sank...Wishing her peace and strength.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  11:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here. I could feel the deep sorrow in the high-pitched vibration. Though it was tragic, it was also beautiful, because it was coming from a place of love. It was the pain of loving him so much, and then him being ripped away so unexpectedly. But, as we know through stillness, he is still here, in some form.

She is surrounded by a good support network of friends, family, and co-workers.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  02:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  8:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If the witness could speak, maybe the witness would say:

I am here, watching perpetually, regardless of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. The changes of space and time do not phase me. The moods and temperaments of fickle minds have no sway over my disposition. It's not that I am uncaring. It's only that my view of life stretches beyond what you can currently see.

If you could see through my eternal eyes, you would see nothing but the unfolding of perfection. You would ascertain the age of the universe to be the same as the age of a newborn child. You would perceive pain, chaos, disorder, and disease as reflections of the exquisite harmony that comes from me. You would find beauty even in the horror.

I am the knowingness that engulfs all knowledge. I am the pure morality transcendent of right or wrong. I am the presence of every experience.

I am.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi,

It's beautiful, love it. Sometimes I wonder, if all of humanity lived from this place, we would be disappearing in ecstatic bliss with just a smile from another.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Sometimes I wonder, if all of humanity lived from this place, we would be disappearing in ecstatic bliss with just a smile from another.

Let's make it happen. We can do this.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if we can do this. Everyone has to be willing to do their work.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  11:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhhh, c'mon, darling. Candles lighting candles.

It's true that each person has to come to the flame in their own time, but there's no shortage of hungry souls waiting to participate in the ecstatic-bliss-induced-by-a-single-smile trend.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” — Marianne Williamson

Or, as John Wilder so brilliantly and simply contemplated: "Why not me?"

And...might I add: Why not us?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  11:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep shining,Bodhi. You live up to that quote with confidence and fearlessness.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  11:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We have wings. Yes, we do.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  01:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty then. Let's fly.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  03:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If the witness could speak, maybe the witness would say:

I am here, watching perpetually, regardless of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. The changes of space and time do not phase me. The moods and temperaments of fickle minds have no sway over my disposition. It's not that I am uncaring. It's only that my view of life stretches beyond what you can currently see.

If you could see through my eternal eyes, you would see nothing but the unfolding of perfection. You would ascertain the age of the universe to be the same as the age of a newborn child. You would perceive pain, chaos, disorder, and disease as reflections of the exquisite harmony that comes from me. You would find beauty even in the horror.

I am the knowingness that engulfs all knowledge. I am the pure morality transcendent of right or wrong. I am the presence of every experience.

I am.

Yes
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  07:23:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got my wings and smile ready. Let go!

Edited by - Samadhi on May 22 2016 07:44:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  3:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You all made my day
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  3:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhi! Dogboy!

Why, who makes much of a miracle?
As to me I know of nothing else but miracles,
Whether I walk the streets of Manhattan,
Or dart my sight over the roofs of houses toward the sky,
Or wade with naked feet along the beach just in the edge of the water,
Or stand under trees in the woods,
Or talk by day with any one I love, or sleep in the bed at night with any one I love,
Or sit at table at dinner with the rest,
Or look at strangers opposite me riding in the car,
Or watch honey-bees busy around the hive of a summer forenoon,
Or animals feeding in the fields,
Or birds, or the wonderfulness of insects in the air,
Or the wonderfulness of the sundown, or of stars shining so quiet and bright,
Or the exquisite delicate thin curve of the new moon in spring;
These with the rest, one and all, are to me miracles,
The whole referring, yet each distinct and in its place.

To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle,
Every square yard of the surface of the earth is spread with the same,
Every foot of the interior swarms with the same.

To me the sea is a continual miracle,
The fishes that swim—the rocks—the motion of the waves—the ships with men in them,
What stranger miracles are there?

— Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  8:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
YES! I love to dance fluidly among the miracles.

Another excellent one...
"What are those of the known but to ascend and enter the unknown?

(From Portals -Walt Whitman)

Edited by - Samadhi on May 24 2016 09:47:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  3:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whitman~He was definitely an enlightened being. I think you have made us appreciate his work even more.

I remember in 8th grade, we had to memorize O Captain! My Captain! Inspiring poem but I was bored to tears memorizing it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

Another excellent one...
"What are those of the known but to ascend and enter the unknown?

(From Portals -Walt Whitman)

Oh yes. Thank you for adding to the Whitman snowball. Rollin', rollin', rollin'.

quote:

I remember in 8th grade, we had to memorize O Captain! My Captain! Inspiring poem but I was bored to tears memorizing it.

It's funny, that poem is unlike 99% of his other poetry in the sense that it follows a traditional rhyme scheme, whereas the vast majority of his other work is written in free verse (no rhyme scheme). So it's interesting how they teach that one in schools. I remember learning it too.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I've dreamt of this since a little girl. Dreams and daydreams. I'm always flying and twirling in my imagination. The subtle wings are real in my biased opinion.

Edited by - lalow33 on May 25 2016 7:39:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  9:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tuesday

I thought to myself: I'm tired of trying to get there. I want to get more here. Then I remembered Yogani's quip that enlightenment is a journey from here to here.

I guess that's why I found myself sitting in the grass in the backyard—because I was wanting to get more here. My butt was on the ground, resting in a semi-lotus position. I wanted to melt into the dirt. I wanted to become the bumble bees that were pollinating the daisies within arm's reach. I wanted to fly with the blue jay that was soaring from a nearby tree limb onto a power line right above me.

Why must I stay trapped in this body? The perceived limitations weighed heavily on me.

But, I kept observing the life of the yard. Lizards, squirrels, all the different plants and trees. I plucked a small weed from the soil and admired the symmetrical patterns on its chlorophyll skin. I twirled the tendril around in my fingertips. I stripped the stalk of its green petals and crumbled it back into the dirt.

I thought: Man, this is all really beautiful. It's all indicative of genius. I must get closer to the source. Closer, closer, closer. Is Deep Meditation really helping? Is samyama working at all? I let these questions go in stillness, without trying to answer them in my head.

Wednesday

She said: "Your technique is amazing. That was pure love. I was melting inside."

I needed to hear that. I needed some affirmation and positive feedback. I had been feeling unsure of my progress, but her words were very reassuring. I heartily thanked her as I was cleaning up the table.

Every time I massage a fellow classmate, it's like getting high. Some days are better than others, and all my feedback has not been stellar, but in every case, I feel increasingly better as the session progresses. It's ecstatic bliss. It's often subtle, but it's real.

In my AYP for Recovery blogs, I wrote a series of blurbs on the five senses—saving touch for last, since I deemed it the best of all. I had written that blog entry before I knew I would be going to massage school, but now that I'm in the thick of it, and directly experiencing how touch can awaken ecstatic bliss within both giver and receiver, my supposition is being validated even further, and my hopeless addiction is spiraling deeper into the depths of tactile truth.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on May 26 2016 12:15:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  9:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I've dreamt of this since a little girl. Dreams and daydreams. I'm always flying and twirling in my imagination. The subtle wings are real in my biased opinion.

Me too. I've had lots of flying dreams. I agree with your assessment that the subtle wings are real.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

She said: "Your technique is amazing. That was pure love. I was melting inside."

I needed to hear that. I needed some affirmation and positive feedback. I had been feeling unsure of my progress, but her words were very reassuring. I heartily thanked her as I was cleaning up the table.

Every time I massage a fellow classmate, it's like getting high. Some days are better than others, and all my feedback has not been stellar, but in every case, I feel increasingly better as the session progresses. It's ecstatic bliss. It's often subtle, but it's real.

Happy to see you live your passion.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  9:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In my AYP for Recovery blogs, I wrote a series of blurbs on the five senses—saving touch for last, since I deemed it the best of all. I had written that blog entry before I knew I would be going to massage school, but now that I'm in the thick of it, and directly experiencing how touch can awaken ecstatic bliss within both giver and receiver, my supposition is being validated even further, and my hopeless addiction is spiraling deeper into the depths of tactile truth.

I've said this before Cody: if you listen closely, you will hear your future wife thanking you...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  11:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Happy to see you live your passion.

'Tis an joyful passion to live, Sunyata.

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

I've said this before Cody: if you listen closely, you will hear your future wife thanking you...

Yes, Dogboy!! I'll take that prophecy!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000