Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2016 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I look in the mirror and see the reflection of my face. The voice inside my mind gives movement to my mouth. The words echo off the glass. Who inside is pushing the voice? Where is the seed of the vibration?

This is one unbroken moment. There is no lapse, except when I fall asleep, and that is just a momentary break for the senses. At any given time, my senses only register a minuscule amount. The moment does not fully rely on my personal senses, yet I feel that my senses are perfectly aligned with the infinity of the moment.

Even though my comprehension is small, I feel that omniscience is somewhere near, within reach. Maybe on the periphery, or in the center, or both.

I will keep falling in love. Spiraling, spiraling, spiraling. What other option is there?

There is nothing dead. Everything is alive, always.
There is nothing alive. Everything is dead, always.

God is a master of gamesmanship. God is the architect of stories. God is the consummate killer, but most of all, God is the undying lover.

This body...the carbon copy of divine personality. This mind...the radio broadcast of a virtuoso orchestra. This soul...something I'm still discovering.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  12:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  12:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
truly mesmeric
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog Kumar

. . .

There is that in me—I do not know what it is—but I know it is in me.

Wrench'd and sweaty—calm and cool then my body becomes,
I sleep—I sleep long.

I do not know it—it is without name—it is a word unsaid,
It is not in any dictionary, utterance, symbol.

Something it swings on more than the earth I swing on,
To it the creation is the friend whose embracing awakes me.

Perhaps I might tell more. Outlines! I plead for my brothers and sisters.

Do you see O my brothers and sisters?
It is not chaos or death—it is form, union, plan—it is eternal life—it is Happiness.

Walt Whitman, from Song of Myself

. . .

I was feeling a little toasted, a little worn around the edges, then I read that part from Song of Myself, and it was like an intravenous shot to the arm—flooding my veins and plunging into my heart at rapid speed. What a delectable rush of narcotic truth. Pure opium from an ecstatic poet who wrote with wild transparency and inner sensuality.

Then I put some light pressure on my closed eyes with the lateral sides of my index fingertips, and let the geometric light stream in, and drank from the non-physical source that replenishes my electric soul.

Whitman also wrote:

I sing the body electric,
The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them,
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.

. . .

And I wonder...did Whitman ever press the lateral sides of his index fingertips to his closed eyes and stare into the abyss?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  11:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...A couple hours later...

Mild headache from overdoing the eye pressure earlier.

Ahhhh...the balance of self-pacing and bhakti...such a fine line. I suppose I need to lean more towards silence, and ease up on the ecstasy, when in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  06:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

sounds like a case of the Yoni Moanies
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  11:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:

sounds like a case of the Yoni Moanies

LOL. Indeed.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  11:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And I wonder...did Whitman ever press the lateral sides of his index fingertips to his closed eyes and stare into the abyss?

You should know...past life memories? I have a feeling you are Whitman reincarnate.

quote:
Ahhhh...the balance of self-pacing and bhakti...such a fine line. I suppose I need to lean more towards silence, and ease up on the ecstasy, when in doubt.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  2:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

I have a feeling you are Whitman reincarnate.

I'm just going to soak in that compliment for a while and let it go straight to my head, with no resistance whatsoever. Thank you, my dear.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm just going to soak in that compliment for a while and let it go straight to my head, with no resistance whatsoever

Lol...Good One!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  6:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the Flick of the Wrist
the Torque of the Hips
the Generation of Velocity as the Frisbee Flies from the Hand
soaRing with peRfect Revolutions acRoss a lineaR tRajectoRy

whiRRR...whiZZZ...woosHHH...

an athletic orgasm of release
through joyful precision
through letting go of tension
through hitting a moving target

watch me unfold.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Space is stretching like superficial fascia
woven connectively, elastically
into the matrix of skin

Mind is moving like music notes
thumping melodically
across the chromatic scale of tonality

Heart is pumping like a fire hose blasting pressurized water in all directions

Stillness is, has been, will forever be.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  10:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't find this disgruntled mystic. I can't find a lot of things.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  11:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Space is stretching like superficial fascia
woven connectively, elastically
into the matrix of skin

Mind is moving like music notes
thumping melodically
across the chromatic scale of tonality

Heart is pumping like a fire hose blasting pressurized water in all directions

Stillness is, has been, will forever be.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  01:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I can't find this disgruntled mystic. I can't find a lot of things.

I'm right here. Can't you see the tongue in my cheek?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  10:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The seconds become minutes, the minutes become hours, the hours become days, the days become weeks, the weeks become months, the months become years, the years become decades, the decades become centuries, the centuries become millennia, and the milennia melt into eternity.

The scope of space and time is notched into the belt of Infinite Being.

Whitman wrote:

I have heard what the talkers were talking, the talk of the beginning and the end,
But I do not talk of the beginning or the end.

There was never any more inception than there is now,
Nor any more youth or age than there is now,
And will never be any more perfection than there is now,
Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.

. . .

The ticking of the clock at a steady 60 beats per minute mirrors the beating of a healthy heart. I can feel my pulse through my wrist, and it matches the second hand on the face of an old-school analog clock.

The most vital organ in my body is an instrument of time, so it seems.

. . .

In class, there is much to learn. Massage is an art, and a science. The warmth of the creative, sensual, spontaneous heart must merge with the meticulous, calculating precision of the cold mind. Both hemispheres of the brain are needed. All ventricles of the heart are put to use.

At the end of the rainbow is bliss. There is no other destination. Yet, the carved signatures en route to said destination are unique enough. Unique enough to be compelling, true, and undeniably real.

. . .

Aces...up sleeves. Skills...still being honed. The future...written in real time.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  11:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The warmth of the creative, sensual, spontaneous heart must merge with the meticulous, calculating precision of the cold mind.

This reminds me of Adyashanti's teaching- awakening at the level of gut, heart and head and the importance of balance between them. Sorry, mentioned Adya.

Edited by - sunyata on May 11 2016 11:15:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

This reminds me of Adyashanti's teaching- awakening at the level of gut, heart and head and the importance of balance between them..

I like that. Wholeness.

quote:

Sorry, mentioned Adya.

That's alright. He'll probably jump on the AYP bandwagon one day. Once his "no-self" bubble pops, the bhakti will drive him to attain a deeper level of Being, even though he writes as if he is already operating from the deepest level possible (which cracks me up).

Quote from his website: "But I can assure you that nothing else holds a candle to life lived beyond self."

Another quote from his website: "At the very depth of our being we are inescapably drawn to the Absolute, even though there is nothing for either the ego or the self in it. That is why I say that the true impulse for liberation is an irrational impulse—irrational to both the ego and self, because it will eventually mean the end of both of them."

My view on his statements:

Nothing could be further from the truth. Enlightenment is what merges the little self with the Big Self—the little ego with the Absolute Ego. Enlightenment is the fullest attainment of rationality (the most logical and natural desire to merge with one's source), and enlightenment is also the most egoic trajectory, because it satisfies the "I" by merging the "I" with the "we".

I remember in my adolescence...I had a so-called no-mind/no-ego state occurring. I secretly thought I was so cool because I had some witness consciousness in play, and I had almost snuffed the ego voice completely. But eventually, after a decade of playing the no-self game, my ego re-emerged and put me back in check. That was my first real taste of awakening—not detachment, or transcendence, but the direct realization that my ego would have to continue to be molded into something more divine. And that is why I resonated with AYP, because of the balanced emphasis on ecstasy, and the non-bashing of the ego.

But bashing the ego is a quick way to posture oneself as enlightened, and that's why a bunch of teachers/authors do it, because it's a popular gimmick to get people enticed and fascinated by their language of detachment. But detachment gets pretty shallow and boring after a while, and the ecstatic feminine will inevitably rouse and ruffle the feathers to keep pushing things forward. Thank God for That.

Until every single human being on the planet is able to float through air (Akasha - Lightness of Air), I would classify civilization as still being quite low on the evolutionary scale. Therefore, until the time of global lightness of air, there is still plenty of ego-shaping to be done.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  6:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I believe the above commentary on Adya is of the non-bashing variety, but if it is offensive, I will edit it accordingly.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  8:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have deep respect for Adya, same as Yogani. I feel he speaks from knowing. Adya’s teachings are geared to indiviuals who are ripe- practiced for decades or ready to pop.

With the global mind “the internet’ and books available everywhere-It’s not Adya’s fault that an individual who stumbles into his videos and books yesterday, hears Adya’s words and starts repeating “I am That” and claims his or her enlightenment without working through their matrix of obstruction . Then yes, there is a problem for that particular individual because they have stalled their growth.

I remember watching his interview few years ago. In the tradition he practiced, they do not focus on the energetic side. However, he did acknowledge his own energetic awakening.

In AYP as well, Yogani emphasis inner silence before ecstasy. Without abiding inner silence, one can get lost in the flash aka scenery. I have met people who have so much Shakti, that I felt burned just being in the same room for few minutes, some lost in the astral realms, some intoxicated by their Siddhis. Something always felt missing and now I look back and see that it was the lack of shift in consciousness.

Witness and No self are two different stages in evolution. Witness is this “observer” that observes everything happening around it. No self or Self is the dissolution of the witness (observer)~ being one with creation. The shift in this consciousness with bliss coursing through the body gives rise to Joy.

quote:
But bashing the ego is a quick way to posture oneself as enlightened, and that's why a bunch of teachers/authors do it, because it's a popular gimmick to get people enticed and fascinated by their language of detachment

He's not bashing the ego. He just tries to loosen our heavy identification with it.

quote:
Until every single human being on the planet is able to float through air (Akasha - Lightness of Air), I would classify civilization as still being quite low on the evolutionary scale. Therefore, until the time of global lightness of air, there is still plenty of ego-shaping to be done.

The point of view here is when each and everyone in humanity is able to experience and express with their action the meaning of Namaste “The God in me salutes the God in you’- we will have reached our potential. There is no need for tricks. Then, floating through the air is only an icing on the cake and not the goal. With the air travel prices going up, I’m up for it.

Just my humble opinion- I may be totally wrong. It may change tomorrow. Lastly,I have the same respect for you too, Bodhi.

quote:
Nothing could be further from the truth. Enlightenment is what merges the little self with the Big Self—the little ego with the Absolute Ego. Enlightenment is the fullest attainment of rationality (the most logical and natural desire to merge with one's source), and enlightenment is also the most egoic trajectory, because it satisfies the "I" by merging the "I" with the "we".

P.S. I admire and look up to many teachers but nothing can replace Yogani's teachings. Nothing is left out, he covers it all. His Love and humility keeps me forever grateful to AYP.

Edited by - sunyata on May 11 2016 10:05:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  9:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm much riper than Adyashanti. My ego knows it to be true. LMAO. Now, I just have to demonstrate it, and that takes time. But fortunately, there is plenty of time, even though there is no time to waste.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  9:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm much riper than Adyashanti.

LoL...in line with him for sure.

quote:
But fortunately, there is plenty of time, even though there is no time to waste.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  10:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, Sunyata, I regard you to be more advanced than either me or Adyashanti—combined. One look in your eyes is worth more than 10,000 of Adyashanti's words. There's much divine love radiating from those windows to the soul.

Sorry, just being honest.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  07:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  01:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are 5 men in my massage class. Here's a brief description of them:

1. A Ukrainian immigrant who is as strong as an ox, loves Winnie the Pooh, is talented with reiki, and yet has a lingering cocaine habit.
2. A videogame nerd who bravely enlisted in the Marines to improve himself, but didn't make it through boot camp due to the rigorous demands of the program; also, he has never been with a woman in any romantic or erotic context, and now he touches the bare skin of his female classmates everyday—via the implicitly sensual modality of massage.
3. A cheerful Hispanic young man who is as homosexual as can be, is also a virgin, and laughs nervously throughout his practice sessions.
4. An Indiana farm boy who served in the Coast Guard and graduated at the top of his class, then worked as a personal trainer for professional athletes, but after suffering several injuries, found refuge in the healing touch of the myofascial release technique, and now wants to pay it forward.
5. And me: a recovering addict who got kicked out of prep school, blew his chances at an Ivy League education, got divorced before he turned 30, and finally stumbled onto a website run by an anonymous character who is telling people that they can zoom to the other side of the galaxy faster than the speed of light.

Conclusion: I feel right at home with this crew of displaced, wandering gentlemen.

And the show goes on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000