Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  9:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Delicately, so delicately. Yet alive, so alive. This percussive intensity, this soft thumping of piano keys and brush strokes on the face of the snare drum.

A little shuffle, a little vibration. Just enough to stir the soul and animate the finer parts of the body.

The bending of a single note can have more profound implications than the longest discourse you've ever read. Strung together in a bead of melodies and flickers, an invisible necklace of music adorns the bare neck of consciousness...sparkling in the dark, where the luminescent inflections get a chance to show off. And they deserve the attention. They're not repressed or suffocating under the weight of false humility and contrived platitudes.

The tribal sounds just dance on their own accord—a perfect remedy to doubtful proclamations and sophisticated puzzles. Simple, pure echoes of God, with Her wisdom and stunning beauty. There is no need to explain. There is no need to be mystified. All that is required is to tune into your favorite wavelength of bliss-truth-magic bubbles that fizzle and pop with iridescent shine, much like coconut soap touching a dirty man in need of a torrential flood of AYP water.

There, now we're setting into a place of seduction where resistance is futile, and where all your talents will be called forth to meet the challenge.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  08:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
Strung together in a bead of melodies and flickers, an invisible necklace of music adorns the bare neck of consciousness...
Cody, it's official, you're a poet!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  08:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
All that is required is to tune into your favorite wavelength of bliss-truth-magic bubbles that fizzle and pop with iridescent shine, much like coconut soap touching a dirty man in need of a torrential flood of AYP water.

Nice
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  12:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Cody, it's official, you're a poet!

Sweet! That's what I was hoping for!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  10:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me, but I'm going to write enigmatically, for a variety or reasons, some of which I cannot divulge. I'm sure you won't be disappointed, because there are plenty of other times when I've been candid, linear, and literal. Probably too many times, no doubt.

Oscillating between what is revealed and what is hidden leaves room for mystery and intrigue, which are necessary to perpetuate the cycle of life.

Aces kept up sleeves. Secrets stashed in dark, obscure corners. Identities protected and veiled behind impenetrable shields. You know, kind of like Yogani.

I am at a high elevation. Upward, the center of a galaxy reveals the density of her bulging disc. Milky, cloudy, thick. The clusters are bursting with brilliance. They seem distant and unreachable, but I must get closer. I will die trying. I will achieve the impossible. I refuse limitation, and do not opt for humility.

The plant has poisoned our minds with big promises. She is softly moaning, then crying, then laughing hysterically, then quiet. He is playing with his hands and drawing sacred geometry in the air with fluid gestures of curiosity. She is laying on the ground, keenly observing in between bouts of unconsciousness. He is being wretched by anguish and pain and a belief that something must be purged.

I am watching, waiting, wondering. I am quick and nimble and faster than the rest. I pour tequila down the ridge of their spines. I put dashes of salt into the sublingual regions of their mouths. I use my muscles to hold up what is falling down. I pretend to be supporting the facade when I am actually plotting my scheme to undermine the infrastructure of this particular matrix.

I do not fully know who I am. I only know that I move, and move well, and that I touch, and touch terrifically.

She does not object to the warm, protective embrace that enfolds her. He does not comprehend the necessity of bare truth when it is called for. She will not be fooled by charm and instead shows her own versatility with defensive gestures. He will not be shaken by the chaos around him.

The children are zooming across plateaus of grass and animals. The wild one takes the wheel. He is guided by a steady hand. We put the puzzle together and celebrate superheroes. The dinner is served on a wooden oval with enough space for every hungry creature in attendance.

I fly in the black night. There is a price to pay. How could it be otherwise? Is my cleverness my downfall, or my liberation? Questions...we have questions. Answers...the answers are provided by time.

I want too much. I want the wrong prize. I am impure.

But no...I do not believe those things. The stillness is settling in and there is peace on the horizon, spanning the earth with his sun rays. There is a third person in the second person, including the first and last. If there is confusion, do not be troubled; only hold onto what is useful and drop the rest, for the garbage will not be wasted.

She aims to deceive me, but I, being trained and remarkably skilled, gladly accept the challenge.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  8:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reeling myself back in, or perhaps being reeled back in by a greater force...I return to some level of normalcy.

I am content to memorize the entirety of Whitman's Song of Myself. There are 52 parts, amounting to over 15,000 words. I have memorized 7 parts so far. I recite them in the shower, while I am driving, at my office desk in quiet whispers, even on a jog through the neighborhood—huffing and puffing and blurting out the words as I clip along at a moderate pace.

I will record every single part, spoken from memory, infused with personal emotion and devotion. I will publish them on my website in weekly installments, and perform them at local poetry readings. If I'm really good, maybe I can go beyond local.

This is my remedy to the scourge of abstract spirituality. This is my antidote to all the teachers who mock the art of narration and devalue the meaning of words. This is my counterattack to the castration, the sedation, and the hypnosis of weak minds that is still occurring on a mass scale.

This is me stopping my whining, playing my little part, working with what I've got. This is all I can do, all I need to do, all I must do.

It is a fraction of a fraction of a minuscule fraction, and yet, it is the whole, somehow. As Whitman wrote:

These are really the thoughts of all men in all ages and lands, they are not original with me,
If they are not yours as much as mine they are nothing, or next to nothing,
If they are not the riddle and the untying of the riddle, they are nothing,
If they are not just as close as they are distant, they are nothing.

This is the grass that grows wherever the land is and the water is,
This the common air that bathes the globe.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  04:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting project you are working on Bhodi ! Admire your enthusiasm for Whitman.

I wonder if the meaning of "Song of Myself" will stay the same for you as time passes by.

As you, I have a fascinating for words and they helped me, I mentioned before that writing in journals was and is my contact with Guru inside.
I have noticed that as the journey continues also the meaning of words will be revealed. There is one word (in Dutch) that showed me Truth so directly that I can not imagine that I didn't see that before, fascinating.
Also poems, sutra's, scriptures reveal new layers as time goes bye....

With the meaninglessness of words mostly is ment the words used as concepts in my opinion, with removing the layers of my soul also the layers which covered the real meaning of words disappears.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  05:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  12:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the Dutch word that showed you truth, Charlie-D?

And yes, I think Whitman will acquire new meaning and substance with the passage of time, undoubtedly.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  2:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The word is "volledig". The meaning of it is "complete", just a word used very often. Ik was writing it in my self inquire journal some years ago. I was kind of desperately involved in myself, some questions and Advaita. Then writing along I saw suddenly the word "volledig" as the two parts "vol" which means full and the second part of the word "ledig" which means empty.

Well it was kind of a personal aha experience, which shows that something only can be complete if its contains everything.

For me that was the right word at the right moment to understand wholeness. Hope you understand this, It never left me, I experienced the word.

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 18 2015 2:29:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  4:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. A fine word, Dutch or English.

Yes, I know that feeling...when a word rings very true, even if I've heard it many times before. How cool it is when something old and familiar becomes fresh and new!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  02:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, not only words.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  10:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To reconcile what is real with what is imagined
To touch the fabric of my blue jeans, to lay hands upon angel wings
To hear digital music streaming in through ear buds, or to catch a faint whisper from a foreign place

I listen attentively to silence, approaching the uncapturable void from an angle of vibratory descent:
dropping down craggy crevices of mind, emotion, memory, fantasy, analysis, parallel and perpendicular dimensions

I still yearn for more, and it burns the wiring sometimes, like a skid mark on underwear
There's still a child here, never fully grown, never beyond guilt or shame
Only better acquainted with the territory, and with ways to act cultured and proper for purposes of saving face

Notwithstanding the accumulation of poise, conduct, skill and mastery
Not excluding the validity of progress, refinement, and celestial evolution
Not shunning the drive for more perfection
Not ruling out the ability to care for and take care of others

The curvature of the hair on my arms, woven like a wheat field of golden-brown fiber and tapestry
The lush fertility of her round lips, planted against the proportional shape of my own
The spooning and cuddling, with our symmetry of bones and limbs—

How geometrically inviting and mathematically reassuring that these bodies conspire to intertwine
How poetically appropriate that our words bounce off each other like birds chirping from limb to limb
How hopeful that the sun keeps shining on our naked skin

and the moon follows with her soft caress.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  04:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The full moon is kicking my ass, per the usual. It is a delightful ass-kicking though. All the purification and opening registers as perfect--perfectly in time with this place and string of moments.

I talked to an old friend who now lives in California. I will visit him when I go to L.A. to teach the AYP workshop. He is a kindred spirit. His family owns an Ethiopian restaurant here in Tampa. The cuisine is really unique and colorful. You eat it with your hands only (no utensils). Their bread, called injera, is a spongy, pancake-like dough that is used to scoop up the vegetables, meat, and sauces. Quite delicious, and good for tactile stimulation.

Now that my new roommate is an AA buddy, I am going to more meetings once again. I had taken a hiatus for a while to detach and develop my ideas and platform for AYP for Recovery. Now that I'm solid in my understanding and presentation of the new recovery model, I feel comfortable in spending time in AA once again.

I keep my eyes and ears open for people that might be interested in going deeper. I do it in a subtle, non-invasive way. I speak a hybrid language that mixes familiar AA terms with AYP ones. For instance, today I dropped active surrender into my share and expounded upon its importance and effectiveness. The room of 75 or so listened attentively. You can hear a pin drop when I share. I have practiced many hours, studied many hours, paid attention to many details in and out of the rooms.

In the end, the simplicity of stillness in motion is what pays off.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The full moon is kicking my ass, per the usual. It is a delightful ass-kicking though. All the purification and opening registers as perfect--perfectly in time with this place and string of moments.

Same here, Bodhi. I never paid attention to this. Now it's a pattern, full moon= too much purification. Do you know what may be causing this?

quote:
Their bread, called injera, is a spongy, pancake-like dough that is used to scoop up the vegetables, meat, and sauces. Quite delicious, and good for tactile stimulation.

Loveee injera. Injera with the saucy chicken= Heaven. I have Ethiopian friends as well. Delish food and beautiful people.

quote:
I keep my eyes and ears open for people that might be interested in going deeper. I do it in a subtle, non-invasive way. I speak a hybrid language that mixes familiar AA terms with AYP ones. For instance, today I dropped active surrender into my share and expounded upon its importance and effectiveness. The room of 75 or so listened attentively. You can hear a pin drop when I share. I have practiced many hours, studied many hours, paid attention to many details in and out of the rooms.

In the end, the simplicity of stillness in motion is what pays off

Stillness in Action indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Same here, Bodhi. I never paid attention to this. Now it's a pattern, full moon= too much purification. Do you know what may be causing this?

The power of Shakti, my darling. Just as the lunar gravity pulls the tides of the ocean, so does the moon affect our disposition. It's the divine play, which is sometimes called lila. Cycles of union. Self-pace as needed. Love to you.

P.S. Nice to hear you share an affinity for Ethiopian food and friends! So colorful and textured!

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Oct 27 2015 11:19:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  6:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For whatever it's worth, Paramahansa Yogananda said the moon Is Divine Mother, the Holy Ghost and Kundalini...relative to planet earth.

...not to say that Yogani hasn't affirmed the same thing in countless ways.

...not to say it matters what anyone says relative to our own intuitive experiences.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  7:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

For whatever it's worth, Paramahansa Yogananda said the moon Is Divine Mother, the Holy Ghost and Kundalini...relative to planet earth.

I would say that's worth quite a bit—coming from him. I'm a fan. Thanks for the reference and affirmation, Bill.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  1:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The mind of stillness has no beginning, no end
Reaches out to distant corners, conceals its treasures in hidden pockets, reveals its secrets in due time

The mind of stillness is the body of love
Expressing herself in delightful curvature, bending along the ridges of change: mountains of voluptuous beauty

Forever content, but inclined to strive, I set my eyes on impossible goals
And expand the range of possibility without losing sight of the need for simplicity

Every movement matters, every movement is accounted for, every movement is recorded in the record books of time immemorial

I have seen the finest craftsmanship, the most delicate hand that touches his landscape with soft precision and immaculate intention
I have felt fierce shudders and chaotic warblings, and how can one place be disconnected from the next?

There is that unbreakable thread, that sturdy piece of twine, that sinewy bone that cannot be shattered, nor fractured into tiny bits of dust
There is that mind of stillness, there is that body of love

Being resigned to and reconciled with the reality that you and I are inextricably one, I proceed accordingly, and do not fear the ultimate disaster
There is no way to absolutely mess this up—hard as we may try
And there is no way to completely perfect what has always been perfect

Coming to terms with the paradox that is you and me,
I rest on the abstract expanse of infinite peace, and tend to my talents by putting on a little show,
Being the watcher and the watched, equally balanced and aligned

Listen and look with me
Surrender your senses to the audible painting of our animated life
As we imitate and impress each other with our borrowed originality.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  3:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Estas siempre maravilloso
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  10:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Espanol?! Me gusta. Muchas gracias, amigo.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  02:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a beauty Cody/Bodhi, every part of the whole
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  11:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  12:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The duduk is playing. It's a double-reed woodwind instrument made from the apricot tree of the Middle East. It's unmistakably unique. The timbre of this peculiar flute has a haunting quality, as if the wood itself was moaning in a kind of tortured but elegant whisper.

I am listening to Djivan Gasparyan, the so-called master of the duduk from Armenia. His drawn-out notes and slowly pining melodies take me to a deep place—an ancient place. There is something in the music, and the instrument, that is inherently transcendent. But it's a particular kind of transcendence, one that looks more backward than forward...reaching into the past...coalescing, condensing, and capturing the pain of our emerging world. (Since my supervisors have banned the use of personal devices at our desk, I have tucked my phone under my lap, and connected one earbud to the right ear, which is the least visible. Therefore, I am listening incognito, making the tremolos and intonations of the duduk all the more mystical.)

Yogani has said that pain itself is not suffering, but rather that identification with pain is what constitutes suffering. If only we can loosen our identification with the sensation of pain, we will not suffer.

Yet, I don't think the essence of enlightenment is to say, or realize: "This pain is not me." (Detachment). The essence of enlightenment is to say and realize: "I have lived through the pain, learned from the pain, and mastered the pain to the best of my ability."

On that note, I struggle with drawing a definite line between pain and suffering. To me, they are inextricably intertwined, and no amount of detachment could absolutely divide the two. For this reason, I don't strive so much to be free of suffering/pain, so much as I strive to pump myself and my surroundings full of ecstatic bliss, thereby diminishing and dissolving the suffering/pain in the process.

The pining of the duduk has coaxed these words out of me. It is only a minuscule perspective, and will surely change with the passage of time.

Back to the duduk, and to my liberation through suffering...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  06:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, and back to work you duduk ninja!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000