Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  7:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am sorry to report that God (She) has not fully revealed the holographic nature of the universe to me. Though I'm quite certain it's possible to travel infinite distances through the cosmos, in Her cruelty, She has delayed granting me said capability. Much like a tease and temptress who gives only tiny glimpses of the Mystery to foolish beggars, She has denied me time and again. In my absurd and relentless devotion, I nevertheless continue to beckon Her for crumbs from the table. It is truly a pitiful display of someone who has become obsessed with flights of fancy and quixotic delusions.

Much to my dismay, I have kept a steady job with a meager wage--paying rent and projecting the facade of normalcy. Under the guise of service, I aim to help the feeble peons of humanity I happen to stumble across. I say "guise", because, again, I only secretly wish to zoom through intergalactic portals of grand proportion. I am told that service is a necessary karmic debt that must be fulfilled in order to advance cosmically, so I begrudgingly take on the burden. It is tough going.

Fortunately, my imagination is quite vivacious and helps ease the pain. I also read other accounts of more seasoned veterans who have somehow managed to cajole the Divine Mistress into letting them dance with Her. Of course, it could all be fiction, which would be fitting at this stage. Such deception would raise the tragic irony of my story to new heights. I would not be surprised. Such is the plight of a bumbling idiot.

I shall continue to write about my tribulations for those who care to read. Perhaps we can overthrow the tyrannical reign of this cruel dictator, thereby restoring our freedom and inherent privilege of exercising some shred of celestial versatility.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  9:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's all fiction... not just the tales of interdimensional travels, ALL of it. One big, beautiful, confusing yet enlightening (if you drop it ) story.

The End.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jul 28 2014 10:48:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  11:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL! Indeed! One big story. But woe to the man who believes the story is real. We must pity the soul of the man who confuses the fiction of the story with the fact of the non-story. And never the twain shall meet. Except when they do.

Thank you for playing. (To be continued...as the suffering/liberation inevitably arises, which it will...)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  01:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear BT,

- Looks like we are currently going thru' a similar phase.

Much like a player, God (He) dangles the tidbits from his table, turning up now and again into whichever form I wish Him to take, promising me Love only to leave me in anguish, begging for another night in His arms. And yet I dared to introduce others to this game of chasing dreams and I'm asking myself - what the hell I am doing? I know sh#T. I too read avidly of Masters who also have conjured Him up in some form or other - is it real or grander illusions?

Can I "stop that train... I wanna get off.." ?
Nope. The show must go on. I have passed the no-return point. My etheric body practices with or without my lazy bum.

And I LOVE it!

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  01:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah baby!! Thanks for picking up the tread and lamenting with me.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  08:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a dream about a pair of docs: I asked "Is it real? Is it worth the effort?"

Doc #1 (She) said "Yes, of course it is, you silly lamb! The truth lies in the truth lies."

Doc #2 (He) said "If you want a second opinion, you should wait until you're wide awake. In your condition, you can't handle the truth!"

And then they embraced, and danced away, leaving me in the wake of their bliss, neither here or there, and everywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  4:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing dream, Dogboy. Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  9:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When everyone is gleaming beautiful, and the objects are shining forth with their intrinsic potential, it is known that all is coming from the same source, which cannot be located as fixed in time or space, even though it gives birth to time and space.

And so the logic of disappearance becomes true, because nothing of substance can be pinpointed as the source. Therefore, the only conclusion is that something comes from nothing, and the juncture between the something and the nothing must be investigated. In the investigation of the juncture, it becomes apparent that the mind is of immeasurable value in doing this, and one even gets the sense that the mind is designed to do this. Though the mind may not figure out every riddle, it will want to experience more depth until there is some satisfaction. When the silence beyond all knowledge is discovered to be most satisfying, the mind will rest with contentment and realize that it will never run out of time or space, and therefore the impulse to explore will be less about holding onto anything, and more about the artistic craftsmanship of playing with the unbounded possibilities.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  11:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

When everyone is gleaming beautiful, and the objects are shining forth with their intrinsic potential, it is known that all is coming from the same source, which cannot be located as fixed in time or space, even though it gives birth to time and space.

And so the logic of disappearance becomes true, because nothing of substance can be pinpointed as the source. Therefore, the only conclusion is that something comes from nothing, and the juncture between the something and the nothing must be investigated. In the investigation of the juncture, it becomes apparent that the mind is of immeasurable value in doing this, and one even gets the sense that the mind is designed to do this. Though the mind may not figure out every riddle, it will want to experience more depth until there is some satisfaction. When the silence beyond all knowledge is discovered to be most satisfying, the mind will rest with contentment and realize that it will never run out of time or space, and therefore the impulse to explore will be less about holding onto anything, and more about the artistic craftsmanship of playing with the unbounded possibilities.

Awesome post and journal, Bodhi...

Please know I am right there with you guys in my life right now. I also wonder if my desire to provide service is selfless. But you know what? I always remind myself to do my best.

The question of becoming (or becoming "ex nihilo") has been looked into by people like Hegel. In the intellectual sandbox, these castles look impressive. But their very granules, the space between, and even what holds them and moves them beyond themselves, all of creation and destruction, and whatever is or is not in between, is beyond the intellect. Who might claim authorship where all is in abundance? It reminds me of the original "Clash of the Titans," where mighty Zeus stands magnificent before his amphitheater of mortal destinies, crushing, cursing, and blessing creatures in his petty wisdom. That too, is housed on Olympus; and where does that ultimately stand?

More and more, I feel drawn to the quiet moments. That is when I forget to listen for nothing. I guess I'm pointing to favoring a more intuitive approach here. Metaphors only paint a motley comic-strip of divine paradox.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  01:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

I also wonder if my desire to provide service is selfless.

I remember going through this ^ inquiry!
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....erms=service
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  08:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In the investigation of the juncture, it becomes apparent that the mind is of immeasurable value in doing this, and one even gets the sense that the mind is designed to do this. Though the mind may not figure out every riddle, it will want to experience more depth until there is some satisfaction.

In other words when this mind of mine has mined this kind of mankind bind all will be fine? Ugh, Nevermind...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  12:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy! Woof-woof! I say yay to the way we stay and play with hay across the bay. Hurray.

Anima! The mind is time. The mind is space. The mind is stillness. Yes, yes, yes, and no, no, and no, and in between the triple yes's and no's, I find quadruple Infinity loops of non-form that once again lead me to the nowhere that is everywhere, and therefore we are correct in every single assumption, and not a moment has been wasted though we have made a mess of our inquiry in building our sand castles of heavenly glory.

Time to mow the lawn. Well, maybe a little guitar first, so I can sing, sing, sing with the harmony of a chromatic scale that only appears limited to 12 notes, but lo and behold, we find limitlessness because the amount of ways to rearrange those notes indeed has no ceiling.

Questions, comments, concerns? Clarity, muddiness, translucent holograms?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  5:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
I remember going through this ^ inquiry!
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....erms=service

So glad you posted that, because I skimmed through it and found yet another stellar Yogani gem gleaming in the rough:

It is always about the "self." With practices, the small (personal) self keeps getting smaller and the big (universal) Self keeps getting bigger. The only real say we have in it is our choices to practice effectively and go out and do in the world. The rest is in the hands of the emerging divine flow. Best not to judge too much. It only gets in the way.

Every ugly duckling (personal self) is destined to become a swan (universal Self). If we accept the ugly duckling as it is and keep going with methods that we know will work, it will happen. Doubt is an ugly duckling thing, and all we have to do is walk (or stumble) through it to our meditation seat each day, and keep active serving others as so inclined.

We all need a reward. The other person's happiness is a pretty good reward. Not needing a reward is a good reward too. It is okay to need something, and okay to need nothing. It all evens out in the long run.

Yeeeaaaahhhhh...
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  8:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is indeed a gem.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  7:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...the journal continues as the semi-demented mystic writes poetry in the vein of gallows humor and liberation:

the body is too much like a pancake, pulsing with electricity
spun from the cake batter of worn-out mistakes

a streak of folly scars the terrain
like a canyon gouged into the belly of a mountain

if only the vessel could be baked, deliciously
turning the battered shreds into a spongy loam

then a god could eat it, digest it with divinity
and sh*t out a purer composite
with backward humor, laughing all the way.

this body: food for the gods.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  5:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i'm breathing in waffles of white silence
filtering through tirades and voices
touching tones of diverse range

i'm knocking on a door of light that splinters visual perception geometrically

i'm somehow cruising through the day
waiting for the curtain to reveal a hidden master.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i'm knocking on a door of light that splinters visual perception geometrically

This happens all the time in yoni mudra! Keep on truckin', Bodhi Baby, you're on a roll!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  9:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

This happens all the time in yoni mudra! Keep on truckin', Bodhi Baby, you're on a roll!

LOL. That's it. You understand. Thank you for expressing the bhakti.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  10:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am bombarded by beauty on all sides
The laughter comes like a resounding smile stretching into Infinity
The people walk by and I soak in their uniqueness

Now I understand Walt Whitman a little bit better
He was dripping with words as the candle wax of his mind melted with the warm breeze of sunshine air

Always bending the rules and adapting to conditions
The blanket of stillness remains unruffled.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
He was dripping with words as the candle wax of his mind melted with the warm breeze of sunshine air
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  08:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was walking the path minding my own business when the Disgruntled Mystic burst by me in an all-out run, which explains the italics. By the time I caught up to him he was standing in leaves of grass turning figure 8s. Perhaps this is why he's disgruntled, I thought, caught up in some mystical loop of his own making. (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=14521#14521). I grabbed him by his shoulders; he was burning hot to the touch. It was, after all, the 20th reply to the thread topic he created.

"Wake up, Bodhi! Wake up! You flew by me like some kind of Burning Man! Like Prometheus after a butane smoothie and you were turning figure 8s!"

The mystic shook his head and stared at me with his wormhole pupils. He was drenched in sweat and his clothes clung to him like a second skin. Realizing his state he began to remove them and I felt as if I were caught in a cosmic burlesque watching Möbius strip.

"I'll have you know," he muttered naked as a newt "that it was a double helix." With that he lay on his belly and slithered beneath a rock outcropping, a virtual snake-in-the-grass. That was where I left him last, but certainly not least, to pick up the path where I left off.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  11:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy! Finally, someone that speaks my language. I thought I was all alone, but alas, Dogboy has tap-danced his way into the groove of non-literal gyrations that emanate from a pure place, albeit a little twisted. Let us celebrate our imperfection as we get sucked into the inevitable perfection of God-union. And isn't God present in the chaos, so were we ever separate in the first place?

Thank you Dogboy!!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  1:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy is out of the universe until next Thursday. Please leave a message at the beep.

Beeeeeeeeeep
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  10:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
solidified silence, discovered by dissolving the accumulation of tangential experience,
breeds more experience by drawing the seeker into a spiral of divine addiction

from the control center of ajna command
the energy is redistributed in a cycle of giving and receiving
as the ability to co-create increases exponentially

every fiber of being is striving for perfection.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  11:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am a superb fraud
self-identified and teed up for a nervous breakdown
due to pushing the edge of the envelope too much

at least i've had glimmers of sublime existence that will comfort me
before i burn up in flames as the fabric of my individuality is shredded to pieces by the heat of purification

fortunately, i can laugh through intense stretches of pain
and allow the joker archetype to shine forth with his Cheshire Cat madness

my uncle once told me: "sing as they strike you!"
and so i shall...reeling with jubilant defiance the whole way...
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  10:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are certainly no fraud.... Having known and met you, I'm sure.

Peace and love
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000