New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  7:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Relaxing attentively, patterns of mastery arise

I am that.

Edited by - Dogboy on Dec 10 2014 7:07:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  7:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
Relaxing attentively, patterns of mastery arise

I am that.

You surely are.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  12:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is a bandwidth
where the righteous path flows

there is a movement
of symphony and sound

there is a leading edge
to be followed, to be touched, to become

did you see the tree bark breathing in through its truncated lungs?
did you smell the grass speaking in scents of green?
have you given back in bountiful outpourings of vitality and abundance, of resilience and ingenuity,
of impressionable marks that left not scars, but signals--to be deciphered and discerned?

i have not. not even close. and if i ever do, may it not be a proclamation announced
but rather an authorless signature working its way into the landscape
very subtle
for a little while
unmistakably and easily absorbed
into the womb of creation.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  8:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Went and saw The Black Keys last night. It was a little too fuzzy for me. My body felt like a pancake sizzling in cast iron (certainly wasn't the first time, and won't be the last). But, there was relief upon leaving and walking in the fresh air of the night. Ah, oxygen and a gentle breeze. Walking along the downtown streets I ran into a friend unexpectedly and talked with her briefly. Then went to to another friend's house and had a wonderful conversation about the creative process that occurs when we write music. She talked about going into trances and feeling like it wasn't her doing the strumming or note selection, but rather a hidden part of herself. I thought: the witness in action! Totally related to that.

This morning woke up and tended to my uncle's dogs. Petting them and just hanging around them has a particularly grounding effect. I relate to their simplicity, to their unbridled reactiveness, which is more sublime than complex guises and games of sophistication.

While driving around to do some errands before work, I saw a comrade from the AA rooms. I pulled up alongside him and shouted a hello out the window. I went to my storage unit to fumble around, and about 30 minutes later got back on the road. Pulling up to a stoplight, I saw him again! We were side by side. He had gone to Walmart for groceries. I told him that I would be starting a meditation group soon and hoped he would join. He responded with interest.

Also had a sprightly phone conversation today with an AYP friend. Covered lots of ground and talked about the importance of keeping it real.

All in all, the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Dec 17 2014 8:58:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  05:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's a happy fellow, very nice reading your latest Bodhi!
Is there hope that “disgruntled” has gone out of the mystic?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  09:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. Tongue-in-cheek, my darling. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying your's.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, got to be careful - self-suggestion is self-suggestion, you know? You can do it laughing and it could still catch.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  10:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can self-suggest me all you like.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  11:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That would require a fantastically good disguise. What would it take to actually make you believe I am yourself?

I know you're playful, but you're getting positively surreal here!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  11:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the Salvador Dali Museum is only several miles away from me, so I'm afraid my mind has been wonderfully corrupted due to the influence of such surreal B-e-I-N-g-S. And to quote Dali himself--when asked if he did drugs, he said: "I am drugs!"

Now that's what I'm talking about, baby!!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  3:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You may thank the Lord it's Dali and not Picasso, or you might wake up one day with 3 eyes and your nose under your chin!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  12:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know Dali. You, sir, are no Dali.

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  4:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No Monet up in here? What gives?

Here's an "emoticanagram:"

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  11:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True, Dogboy! The distance between his level of artistry and mine stretches many miles, but a man has got to dream, and to have role models and aspirations to reach for.

On that note, who doesn't love Monet, Anima? Soft brushstrokes, shimmering with faint but palpable swells of color. Blurring boundaries and edges, showing the melting-ness of form and texture. Ahhhh...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  9:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
New samyama sutras I've been sputtering off in my mind throughout the day:

Priority
Sequence
Necessity

[Sometimes all three together in a bundle]

Disease
Horror
Fraudulence
Nightmare
Total Failure
Lust
Rage
Violence

[these obviously fall under the category of qualities to be dissolved]

What is quite liberating is the feeling that some degree of precision can be used as a way to carve our way through reality--that these code words can in fact shape our environment. And since some of these essences (especially the positive ones) seem to have a timeless quality that comes before the outer reality, samyama also becomes an act of discovery as much as one of creation.

Being able to touch the negative qualities with minimal friction has become increasingly attractive, because that range of motion lends itself to a kind of fearlessness and wisdom. I don't mean that I'm now afraid of nothing, but rather that more and more I see every aspect as being part of the whole. And because the whole is perfect, its parts can only be reflections of this unity, no matter how chaotic or unrefined.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Dec 21 2014 9:02:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  9:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If humor prevails in the winds of sickness and stupidity, there is a chance. If devotion to transformation prevails in such polluted winds, there is a kind of victory. In the first scenario, humor softens the pain a little bit; in the second scenario, wisdom and action find a way to go beyond the pain completely.

Only in the throughness of experience is transformation real. Where is the guarantee? After all, the body may not make it through, especially in rough conditions. This is untimely death. Even if the body makes it through, there may be injury, which can last until death.

What is more desirable than to make it through in one piece? To have all faculties, senses, and memories in tact until the victory. To relish in the satisfaction of having learned from mistakes; to be with others who have been with you along the journey; to arrive better than you were before.

What about creation? To create something that lasts--only for a little while (and it will definitely only be a little while, because a long while cannot exist in the scope of eternity). To create something that serves a purpose, brings joy, reveals newness and ancientness.

How deceptive and alluring a photograph can be! To capture that which is moving and decaying, and to present it as if it was now untouchable. Oh, but as soon as it's reflected in the freeze frame, some of its aliveness disappears. But isn't the body itself just a photograph of the Spirit, and has the body already lost some eternal aliveness by taking a temporal form?

Maybe that's why we're striving, striving, striving, to regain something that we have become distanced from. To unite with the most alive thing we can become. Who would deny this opportunity? What terrible torture to be denied of that opportunity!

And the humor prevails in the throughness, and the devotion prevails in the throughness, and better.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  12:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry. Maa will come.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  01:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed She will, and perhaps already has.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  02:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You speak to me in instrumental voices. I have been listening, wondering...what is on the edge of your sound? Wondering...what is it I cannot yet hear, and what have I forgetten?

With flute tones and percussive thumping, you are calling to me. With your rattle, you are shaking the fibers of our being. The echoes of some ancient presence is here.

The tremolo of a bird chirping reminds me of fragility and innocence. The jackhammer splitting the concrete tells me that violence is real. How can I not want a paradise that is without the friction of rugged tools?

Deep down I know how good it is--how your lonely flute is telling a musical story with a happy ending. Not a Hollywood plastic one, but a celestial cosmos sewn from stardust itself.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  07:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I read this the wind chimes outside my window agree with you.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Deep down I know how good it is--how your lonely flute is telling a musical story with a happy ending. Not a Hollywood plastic one, but a celestial cosmos sewn from stardust itself.

You've outdone yourself here!
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  2:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great reading, Bodhi Tree. Nice to have found this blog
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2015 :  8:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

As I read this the wind chimes outside my window agree with you.

That makes me feel very good, like many of your posts.

Thank you, Anima and joseph.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2015 :  9:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm daydreaming of secret formulas to tell me when the time is right. The best formula is the one that is so incomprehensibly present as to encompass very distant realities. I can hear the gods laughing at my concerns surrounding this lifetime, because this lifetime is the blink of an eye for them.

I cradle my hands behind my shoulders, spreading warmth with self-massage. Here is the instinct of attunement. Here is the movement to become aligned with silence. Here is what I can do at anytime.

Rubbing my fingers through my hair reminds me of concordant waves, parallel dunes in deserts, plowed rows in a fertile field.

Like a rabbit thumping its leg on the ground, I do the same with my leg. Not from anxiety, but from energy of nerves that won't quite sit still in this office chair. The rhythmic quickness keeps me alive, staves off paralysis, perhaps even sends subtle signals to others who can pick up on the vibration.

My fate rests not in the hands of another, but in my own. I do not wish for exactness but for an essence that has been fully invoked and mastered spontaneously. Any exactness that arises is a byproduct of my cooperation. The eye that loves fine, fine textures also sees sameness at our core. The ear that hears sublime melodies also knows the noise of chaos.

The beauty of the feminine captivates me continuously.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000