Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  11:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some sutras that aren't on the main list that I enjoy sputtering silently in the windmill of my foolish mind:

resilience
versatility
command
invincibility
luminescence
mobility
power
benevolence
artistry
texture
color
depth
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  09:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've made "Patience" a permanent addition to my sutras as it is a must for raising children.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo! A fine virtue. Right in line with self-pacing.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  8:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally Agree Dogboy
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  8:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi~ Enjoying your journals!! Keep them coming
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  8:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Bodhi~ Enjoying your journals!! Keep them coming

Thank you for indulging my counterfeit enlightenment and pathetic rambling.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  12:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have added Humility permanently; I have replaced Health with Healing. Then other words that come and go are: Forgiveness and Gratitude

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  02:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, have you ever heard of "Theta Healing"? I have a couple friends that are into it. Kind of like samyama.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  2:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I have added Humility permanently; I have replaced Health with Healing. Then other words that come and go are: Forgiveness and Gratitude

Sey

Excellent! "Surrender" and "Thy will" are staples in my samyama.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  02:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a little voice in my mind. Actually, a few. But one of them spouts off in crazy rants of ecstatic rage. Don't be alarmed: he means no harm. He merely wants to make sure his intensity is heard. His yearning, you know.

Dozing off into sleep, I realize how rampant the mind can run. I'll take the peace before ecstasy. And now...a white blanket of ALLNESS enshrouds me as I curl into a flexible ball, waiting for the complex scenario to be projected in REM.

My smallness is my grace. My expansiveness is my freedom. The ancient thread of continuity has never left me. What is for me is for you, and that is all I have to say.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  2:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Flame between stone and ether.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The sweetness of the tongue reveals redemption. The contraction of the stomach exemplifies fortitude. The fuzz and itchiness signify healing.

Paying for debts and pining for negotiation, the mind swaggers restlessly for peace. As if trying to drown itself, as if creating a whirlpool for its own extinction, as if trying to nullify a consequence of the past, the mind barters for the body's sake.

Wanting so badly to be a superman.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  12:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On the ranch with guns. Hunting for wild beasts: hog, deer, turkeys. Laying in the grass typing this on the smartphone. Sun shining bright and clear across an equally clear blue sky. Many birds making their melodious noises. Vultures soaring above, surveying the land in circular patterns.

Practiced Deep Meditation as the flies buzzed around me, swatting them occasionally. Uncle soon to arrive with food. Surely will engage in deep, intense discussion about all manners of politics, economics, and most importantly, women. Amidst the discourse, I sprinkle in mention of spiritual practices and philosophy.

Last night met up with a visitor from within the AYP network. She thinks I'm too harsh on certain spiritual teachers. I told her all emotion is the power of love. My distaste leads to discernment. I celebrate freedom of preference. I think she understood. There is way more sweetness than contempt. (Other things about our meeting I cannot say).

Mother Nature contains all the secrets. The key is how to approach her.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely contribution Bodhi, how the transparencies overlap in the NOW, how the flies whisper Mothers secrets in that droning way of theirs...

Thanks and Giving is upon us.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  1:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Dogboy.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  1:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hunting is good sadhana,

but:

Look out fer them hogs!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  4:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Look out fer them hogs!

Hehehe...they eluded us this time. They really leave a mark on the land though. They "root" and just dig up dirt all over the place. Obviously, it's minuscule in comparison to the industrial footprint humans are carving out.

There's a spiritually-oriented outdoors protocol called "Leave No Trace", which I saw being practiced in Alaska. It's yoga caliber.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Nov 29 2014 5:06:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  9:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Nature makes You so deliciously vibrant, doesn't She?
Your eyes speak in a vocabulary that scholarly men should beg for.

the geometry of Your face
the architecture of Your smile
the openness of Your mouth

destroy any remaining doubt that life is a sublime miracle of epic and subtle proportions
rendering the question of not why, but how?--how do i encircle and collapse into the seduction of your beckoning vortex?

lashes that spike up furtively, eyebrows that blossom robustly
cheeks and lips dancing with fullness, fully conveying the gift and the challenge to co-create and even dare to master

if ever there was a journey of worthiness:
to slide down the bridge of Your nose, to feel the breath leaving and drawing in fragrances of purity, wildness, beauty
to entice Your pupils into dilation, to awaken Your tongue to movement
to merge with the folds and curves of every aspect of Your textured Being!--I say yes!

and the silence that makes sounds tells me so.
and the ground that grows roots affirms my conviction.
and the mercy of the mystery will give everyone their chance.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  05:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That last one reminds me of our Anandatandava - which reminds me, we haven't heard from him in ages. Wonder if he is okay?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  10:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, yes, he's quite vivid in his writing, isn't he. I wrote that last one while staring at and contemplating the beauty of this painting: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/...n-lopez.html
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  6:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All the details are perfectly put together. Every shred a part of the cloth woven from time immemorial. Just as moss and algae grow on river stones of impenetrable strength, so do these follicles and fibers grow across a boundless field of emptiness. Everything expanding, everything collapsing, everything perfectly tied together.

The ocean and its horizon indicate mystery and curvature. What seems to be the edge turns out to be a mere trick of perception. Shape gives the mind boundaries both to rest upon and to cross. Rocking back and forth between certainty and uncertainty, the ship sails onward towards itself, cloaked in other forms, distanced only by the play of time.

This laughter that rolls and spasms in rumbles of lowness lifting up to highness relieving the weight of doubt. This momentary letting go off all concerns of the future, and all scars of the past. This soft focus giving just enough to slip through the eye of the needle.

This craving for more, for better, for no restriction. This contentment that could care less because the planets are already in motion. This rage of destruction, this delicate craftsmanship, this refinement of perfection into more perfection.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  11:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loving the shadows that lurk in my mind, they are illuminated
Hearing the demons of fear that scream with uncertainty, they are put to rest
Surrendering to silence, the knots are untied and the field expands

Breathing in suffering, the filter of purification breathes out freedom
Breathing in liberation, the exhale releases my bonds
Relaxing attentively, patterns of mastery arise
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  11:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  11:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhagavad-Gita 13.1-13.3 by Swami Sivananda:

Arjuna said:
1. I wish to learn about Nature (matter) and the Spirit (soul), the Field and the Knower of the Field, knowledge and that which ought to be known.

The Blessed Lord said:
2. This body,O Arjuna, is called the Field; he who knows it is called the Knower of the Field by those who know of them, that is, by the sages.

3. Do thou also know Me as the Knower of the Field in all fields, O Arjuna! Knowledge of both the Field and the Knower of the Field is considered by Me to be the knowledge.

Chapter 13 is very reminiscent of German Idealism and Neo-Kantianism.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niiice, Anima. Thank you for that quote.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000