Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  11:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adapt. The imperative is to adapt. To survive, I adapt. To thrive, I adapt. To become God, I adapt.

The Eskimo builds the igloo out of snow--molding the homestead to the environment. The man carves a canoe out of a tree trunk--shaving wood until there is a hollow module. The woman grows the child inside her, as her body expands to house the embryonic sapling.

There can be no paralysis. Only fluidity. There can be no sickness. Only resilient immunity. There can be no doubt. Only relentless faith.

Mother Nature has exposed Herself to the vulnerability of stupid creatures--me among them. She is not afraid because She can devour them at any moment if they linger in foolishness for too long.

Let them play, and figure out the puzzle.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  06:53:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Mother Nature has exposed Herself to the vulnerability of stupid creatures--me among them. She is not afraid because She can devour them at any moment if they linger in foolishness for too long.

Dear Mother gives us so much and asks for nothing in return. Still we carry on like thieves and rapists and believe She'll keep turning cheeks...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  11:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Dear Mother gives us so much and asks for nothing in return. Still we carry on like thieves and rapists and believe She'll keep turning cheeks...

More refined ways of energy usage are coming into view. If we can draw energy from empty space itself, i.e. something out of nothing, then that would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  05:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
More refined ways of energy usage are coming into view. If we can draw energy from empty space itself, i.e. something out of nothing, then that would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?

Sounds like kundalini, eh?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  6:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the fractal-ly light of the third eye, glimmering with its geometry--
how can i turn away?
impossible.

a quilt fabric of consciousness made of patterns expanding from an infinite point
where curves of body are spun from the blueprint of design:
organic lines
luscious boundaries
seductive wholeness

more, more, more
the ravenous appetite wants to touch, become, be a part of
the silky, soft explosion of blinding beingness

threading the eye of the needle demands finesse
and She will not let me in until i am refined and purified,
worthy of skimming and skipping across the fountain of Her embrace.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  09:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good, Bodhi! I like how you use real objects to illustrate your metaphors. It gives them definition and a point of access for the reader.

Keep up the good fight.

love and light
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Anima. Here's a short poem-journal-reflection:

i am electric pancake. my body full of fuzz. skin but a boundary condition to notice the coming and going of information. easy does it, wild horse that wants to leap into the stratosphere.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  9:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Coo Coo Cachoo
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  9:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jesus loves you more than you will know, whoa whoa whoa.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  8:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
on the news they are spewing the dramatic poison
and feeding off the toxic energy of suffering
like hungry ghosts begging for a view of horror
so long as they can watch from a distance

because it is not their pain;
it is their entertainment
it is not their sickness;
it is their amusement

i understand the rush, the sickly pleasure
i have felt it, have wanted it

but now i see into eyes differently
see the self-similar reflection that can only be me
refracted through the lens of holographic individuality

only surface plays its role as uniquely textured
but underneath the same shining Beingness becomes increasingly evident

some shred of sanctity beckons me to return to the innocent wholeness i have known
and to cautiously remember the maintenance authenticity requires.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  02:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes I read what I've written, and I think: get over it, you narcissistic, self-contained, egotistical sycophant. On that note, let me celebrate beings other than BodhiTree.

Tonight was a hip hop show with the band putting all their energy into it. It was highly exhilarating and inspirational. I danced with the crowd and let the beats move the body in swells of percussive rhythm. So many variations, and with such good music, there is no end to the flow.

Music played will fullness ans devotion is sublimely enjoyable. Many thanks to the craftsmen who play their strings and contribute to the ongoing saga of life here on Earth.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  06:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Sometimes I read what I've written, and I think: get over it, you narcissistic, self-contained, egotistical sycophant.

Not to mention disgruntled...

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 25 2014 07:56:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  11:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LMAO! Thank you, thank you, Dogboy. Gotta stay true to the theme.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  9:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The air is not liquid enough yet. I cannot skim through it as I so desire. I am still bound by heavy limitations. Walking, machines, instruments of communication. These pale in comparison to what is promised if I can merge with the cosmic consciousness that permits boundless travel and infinite speed. The body should be like clothing that can easily be taken off, redecorated, changed to suit any temperament or mood. Rather than a fragile, fleshy organism, why won't it become a hologram that can dissolve and reemerge instantly?

Imagination: the most torturous aspect of Mind.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  02:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

...These pale in comparison to what is promised if I can merge with the cosmic consciousness that permits boundless travel and infinite speed. The body should be like clothing that can easily be taken off, redecorated, changed to suit any temperament or mood....

It is already true as story, which we are living Oh, and here is a hug, my friend!

The imagination is the most primitive human consciousness, relating our facets of identity to original spirit. It brings the content and edges of our perception close to awareness, wherein stasis and change, substance, idea, death, and becoming, are but moods of the mind's eye. How long is the organism's lifetime in eternity, and how far is it from itself? It's evolution is instant, like the image of a wave on a lake. We are movement across the infinite plenitude of particularity and universality, detail and purity. Our being is but beads on the string of conscious imagination, which is a tone of potentiality itself, containing every adornment and opulence, dearth and austerity.

Besides, who likes holographic revolutions? Let's make history, baby!

Edited by - Anima on Oct 27 2014 03:32:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said. Enthusiasm, pulp, juice. Put it in a blender; make a smoothie.

"And I know I will be loosened
From the bonds that hold me fast
And the chains all around me
Will fall away at last

And on that grand and fateful day
I will take thee in my hand
I will ride on a train
I will be the fisherman."

Fisherman's Blues, The Waterboys: http://youtu.be/_VKouBHarIo
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reflections on Self-Pacing

We are chasing ecstatic bliss. We are trying to surrender to That. And we want the ecstatic bliss to be present while we are moving: stillness in action. It seems like a very true conclusion to draw that if full of ecstatic bliss, the personal self helps the Collective Self to a much greater extent. All parties concerned benefit.

But in the pursuit of this condition, the friction of removing the obstacles can cause varying degrees of discomfort. Therefore, self-pacing must be applied. The notion of "pacing" touches upon the phenomenon of movement. In movement, something, or someone, is shifting from one place to another. There is change. With change, there is implicit imperfection. Things can go wrong, and do go wrong. What do I mean by wrong? Well, in this context, I mean wrong as in: not as expected, not as intended, in disagreement with the original impulse to move. Example: I want to shoot a basketball in the hoop, but it misses the rim completely. Air ball. A diversion from the desired goal.

Pacing also carries a connotation of repetition. I will be doing something over and over again. Maybe I will shoot the ball 10 times at the hoop. And the pace will be determined by how fast or slow I shoot. So pacing can be an adjustment in speed (or velocity) of movement. Pacing can also be an adjustment in quantity, such as giving only 8 attempts instead of 10.

With Deep Meditation, self-pacing can involve adding or subtracting minutes to the session, or adding or subtracting how many sessions are done in one day. In some sense, the technique of "easily favoring" is a kind of self-pacing that involves an automatic surrender to a feeling of finesse when putting attention on the mantra. It's not a mental management or analytical regulation, but a feeling of flow and preference. The subtlety is profound.

I have had to back off certain practices due to discomfort, and even reduce the amount of sessions per day. Some practices have been added due to an inner calling for more. Whether adding or removing, we are balancing on a versatile beam, sometimes called the razor's edge. There are elements of precision, refinement, and skill in this art of self-pacing. We are training our body and mind to adapt to the transformation occurring in the neurobiology.

In the pursuit of ecstatic bliss, it makes sense to put comfort at the forefront, so that the journey is enjoyable. Even if there are altruistic or martyr-like motives to help others with personal enlightenment (at the price of discomfort), self-pacing will still outweigh the urge to accelerate too fast, or conversely, to slow down too much. Why? Because in the state of ecstatic bliss, the collective organism is functioning optimally, even while in pursuit of more ecstatic bliss.

For whatever reason, the spiral-like trajectory of evolution, unfoldment, and enlightenment offers the option of pace. We can seek to master that.

Godspeed. Keep the lighthouse in sight.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  10:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

Maybe the progression and the aim of consciousness are mixed. I recently reached a point of fatalism and nihilism in my thinking about life, spirit, and the world (reality).

One thing a guy liked to ask people on another forum is "What's the rush?" Good question. Steady as she goes... Or not so steady. We do what we can with our faith and desire.

I don't know the final aim or if any of it holds up. All I know for sure is that love is our praise, and it is worthy. It is a worthy ideal to work toward and surrender to in any degree. My ideal is living beauty and joy: warmth, trust, love, and compassion, both cosmic and personal. That is why I found Indra kneeling to Lord Krishna. It is not all I have seen, and it is not all that is possible, but I know deep down that it is the right ideal.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  10:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, Anima! I'm with you there.

Here's one I just wrote...

granules of mind that grow like crystals
(splintered fragments of desire, memory, imagination)
refract the light into the color of experience

shining, shining, shining
she stands so obviously beautiful, impossible to ignore

she beckons the weak but ambitious observer to try his best:
to give his guts, heart, mind and balls to the task
of winning her over, of uniting the distance

he, grown tired from tragedy, is begging for the solution
but the solution does not respond to beggars, but to warriors
who have maneuvered winds of life that carve the sculpture of being
into worthiness embodied by virtues of strength and endurance

little gods, little goddesses
travelling the distance and playing the game--dreaming mythological dreams
and simple ones too

wanting the prize of each other.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  06:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
All I know for sure is that love is our praise, and it is worthy. It is a worthy ideal to work toward and surrender to in any degree. My ideal is living beauty and joy: warmth, trust, love, and compassion, both cosmic and personal.

I reside here.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  12:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen to that, Dogboy and Anima.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  12:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi Tree in bloom...

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  1:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SeySorciere glimmering.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  5:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Little Drummer Boy song plays and the mood becomes Christmas-like, with the feeling that you're swirling around in a snowglobe, safely protected by the thick glass. All is nice and tidy. No room for violence or money-fights or fractured bones. No one to compete against, except maybe a cheerful game in the parlor. The pain of chaos is a distant and fading memory that no longer touches or worries you. All is well and warm and delightful.

The boys choir sings Ave Maria and their falsetto tone carries purity like windchimes ringing...blowing in mountain air. The same kind of atmosphere permeates your being, faintly, as if heaven was finally here on earth. The crimes against humanity have all evaporated. There is nothing to fear whatsoever. The angels do not wish to do any harm.

On the FOX news channel, at a roundtable, the group squabbles in a semi-delirious rant of disapproval and disagreement. They are confused and angry and above all want somebody to blame. If only their enemy could be destroyed, they might be able to rest. But it seems like their enemy keeps resurrecting, so they feed off the juice of their irritability and discontent. A sick and feverish contortion of voices sounds across subdued agony.

In the memory of the mind these scenes remain somewhat real, though they're gone from the immediacy of the moment. Yet the moment can't fully shake them because the mind needs points of reference. But the moment itself remains unshaken because the scenes have been skimming across its surface the whole time. So the mind surrenders to the moment, and the moment accepts the mind, because the moment has created the mind, after all.

And now you have to know that the dream is forever deeper than you can know, and in this knowingness, you can relax and settle into the stride of chasing another iteration of the Now until you are fully satisfied.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  10:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
where did the magic go?
the luminescent glow that glimmers with hints of silver and gold
where is the aliveness?
the purple-green-blue dance of energy, full of personality
where is the hope?
the paradise future on the shores of Orion's belt

it's just a kiss away
a touch away
a train wreck of salvageability waiting to be reconstituted

plead guilty, then regress to innocence
fake enlightenment, then find out what's real
cash in the chips, and return the money to the cashier

all this time it's been in your hands
latent, infinitely patient, without concern, without judgment or preference
equally distributing itself to all, though they fight for possessions galore
until the blood bleeds enough and disease chokes out the life

still, it moves.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000