Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Sensitivity in eyes during deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vivekv

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been noticing that my eyes are becoming extremely sensitive during deep meditation. Its almost like I am scared to open them after a good bout of DM. I am slowly rubbing with my fingers and relaxing and opening them. Is anyone experiencing something like that ? Also in the long run is it going to harm my eyes? Any one who experienced this.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  12:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  8:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my eyes used to flutter before coming used to the peace. and sometimes if its been a long work day my eyes will become discomforting and start teariup. i will say that i went from having 50/20 vision to having 20/20 vision since beginning spiritual practises.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  09:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Vivekv
I have had some unusual sensations in my eyes after taking up AYP, but nothing quite as dramatic as you describe. I get some watering of the eyes during meditation. Also, the energy channels in my head feel under a bit of pressure some times - on those occasions the eyes feel somewhat heavy too.
To me it's a signal to think about self-pacing. If I get other signs of unruly energy around my body, or if the sensations get too intense, then I will ease off on some of the practices.
As far as the eyes themselves are concerned, I think the practices have actually improved my eyesight. I have been short-sighted for some years, but after about 8 months of AYP I think I can see better in the distance. I'm yet to confirm it with an eye test. What I'm trying to say is that I do not believe meditation harms the eyes, possibly on the contrary.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 26 2014 09:48:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vivekv

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  4:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing your experiences adishivayogi and blueraincoat.

I am feeling lot better with my eyes now. It was just couple of days it happened and I don't know why. I dropped the spinal breathing to 3 minutes from 5 minutes and DM from 20 to 15 minutes and I can really feel that i found my balance.

If its okay I will keep reporting these symptoms to the group so that there could others to pitch when something weird like this happens.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000