Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Bad consequences of yoga practice!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MM1957

Fyro Macedonia
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!

Before few days I begun with mantra “I am” but very soon I got bad
Consequences of it: I got pressure in upper part of my back and I got
Insomnia and bad dreams!

This not alone bad experience for me!

I had tao practice a few years, and I got similar problems!
I had tantric practice, and I had similar troubles!
And I had mantra practice (I am) I got similar troubles!

Why my constitutions (my body) don’t accept none yoga practice?!

Which meditation is breath meditation?!
I am afraid that I will to receive similar consequences?!

With Regard

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  08:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MM1957,
maybe this lesson will be useful to you.
Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MM1957,

There is a description of breathing meditation on my website here.

It sounds like you have developed over-sensitivity to spiritual practices, in which case pretty much anything spiritual may trigger you. It is important to stay grounded and to do grounding practices to achieve that. Breathing meditation is one of the lighter kinds of meditation in terms of energy, so it is the least likely to produce and adverse symptoms if you are especially sensitive.

See this lesson too:

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

If you find that even breathing meditation is too problematic for you, you will have to concentrate on getting grounded until you are able to engage in spiritual practices again.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

MM1957

Fyro Macedonia
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  08:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi!

Please tell me which is grounding practice, I never read something about it?!

MM1957

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  06:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
An easy way of grounding which is very effective.
Stand or sit comfortable, eyes closed.Imagine a ball of energy above the head(however you wish to visualise or colour.)
Imagine the energy entering the crown and slowly travelling down through the body.When you get down to the feet imagine the energy continuing down the the centre of the earth like roots of a tree. Imagine these roots connecting to a large rock at the centre and you stood on the rock.Stay there for a few minutes and then slowly return the way you came finishing at the crown. Slowly open the eyes.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

MM1957

Fyro Macedonia
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2014 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please send me link about it!

Thank You
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MM1957

Hi Christi!

Please tell me which is grounding practice, I never read something about it?!

MM1957

Hi MM1957,

Yogini writes about grounding practices in the lesson that I linked to above (lesson 69).

Here is the relevant part:

"The second factor affecting the way kundalini moves in us is our lifestyle. Are we doing too much spiritual practice and not getting enough activity? Are we working too much, or not enough? Do we keep enough of the right kind of company that is supportive of our spiritual commitment? Things like this are important. If we are having excessive, or even minor kundalini symptoms, activities that are "grounding" can be helpful. Taking long daily walks with a relaxed mind is one of the best therapies for smoothing out surging kundalini energies. Tai chi, practiced regularly, is very grounding also. Yoga asanas (postures), which we will get into in the next few lessons, can help. Physical exercise in general is good for grounding the energies. A heavier diet during periods of excessive kundalini energies can help ground them. Grounding activities do not do away with kundalini. Rather, they bring in the Shiva component that helps integrate the kundalini energy into our nervous system. Such activities are good to do in addition to spinal breathing, meditation and other advanced yoga practices. " [Yogani]

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  5:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MM1957,

there are very good hints already! Here one more thing you can look into and where I do see much value:

Shatkarmas

There are 6 shatkarmas in yoga with the aim to purify the body and mind and prepare it for the higher limbs. They are part of the first 2 limbs and a lot of details about them can be found in Yogani's yellow book at the right side.

On this site lessons 312-316 beginning here.

As you start to get bad effects in the very beginning with any kind of practice, getting rid of the grosser hindrances may smooth out your reentry into asanas, pranayama, meditation and co.

Another good nadi purifyer is the classic nadi sodhana, which one can practice very easily with little known unpleasant side effects.

Physical activity, especially fitness, muscle and cardio work, will purify the grosser nadis aswell.

In the same way asanas may be a gentle start too.

Karma and bhati yoga can smooth out things.

Visiting living masters will greatly help too, on any level from the very beginning to the end.

In the same way, a group practice can also help to clear some stubborn stuff that just needs to be cleared out once and you can peacefully start practicing daily.

There are many options, go with one that clicks to you and after you feel well, restart with the higher limbs. Once daily in smaller doses. It should work out :)

Peace and happy cleansing (=

Edited by - Holy on Jul 28 2014 5:48:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000