Aaah! I finally attained Kechari Mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  7:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

I have been continually milking the tongue everyday, but no further progress.

If you are not already practicing Talabya Kriya,you can learn more about it and how to practic it on Ennio's site thru video and his free ebook.
http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Home.html
All the best!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  8:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

I took Yogani's kechari sketch, the description, my own experience, and some unparalled "Paint" Skills, to come up with the next image.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rqy98z.jpg

Hi Anibaru,

Well, on further examination, I see that Yogani's image is the anatomically correct one. Your modified image was indeed useful. It felt right (with the accent on the word felt) for the initial forward thrust, and it helped me find the septum. However, as the tongue travels up the septum with the septum along the back of the tongue, the tongue is clearly pointed up, as Yogani's image has it here at Stage 3:
http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

B.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 20 2014 8:56:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  12:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
...straight up to the bone ceiling above the soft palate.

PS Although it felt like it was "above," actually that bone is the back wall, behind the soft palate.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  10:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell,

Yes there is no question that Yogani's images is anatomically correct,
but if you found the erectile tissues, then you know that the tip of the tongue
is clearly closer to the nostrils than it is to the uvula.

So the kechari stage 2 is not depicting the tongue entering anywhere, it's just touching
the "door". That's why i did those drawings, but in the end the tongue clearly points upwards
and not "forwards" as my drawing.

As for the stage 3 i still find something strange in it, because the tongue has to first "enter"
a cavity, and then proceed further up, but Yogani's image is not depicting the tongue to enter
anywhere.

I think i would a very good idea to follow Shailendra Sharma's, experience, and get ourselves
to perform the Kechari Mudra, while scanning our heads with MRI, then we could finally decide this
thing out!

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  10:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

but try as I might, I am unable to get it in far enough to get "trapped" by the elastic tendon....it just slips out when
I release my finger. I have been continually milking the tongue everyday

Hi Krish,

In other post i asked on the length of the tongue, i even measured my frenum in order to determine if it was long
enough, in the end if i stick my tongue out it reaches a cm above the tip of the chin, also if you look at some anatomy
books, you will realize that your tongue is probably long enough for the job.

In my experience i did not milk anything, so it's probably unnecesary to kechari stage 2
(with a normal common tongue) Also i tried i few times with the finger, i only did a couple times to
"explore" parts, but didn't find any real use to it.

I did the whole thing with talabya kriya and just trying to reach further backwards with my tongue (to stretch the
frenum), remember it took me 2 years so this may not be the optimum method, but again ... i heard of someone who did
talabya like a mad and did the thing in only 3 months ...

So if your problem is that you can't keep your tongue in there, maybe you need to "push your tongue in the cavity
with a little more conviction" At some point i did push through and it stayed there.

Hope to help!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  11:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

Yes there is no question that Yogani's images is anatomically correct,
but if you found the erectile tissues, then you know that the tip of the tongue
is clearly closer to the nostrils than it is to the uvula.

Hi Anibaru,

Immediately upon reading your note above, I experienced a shift in my Kechari mudra. It is amazing how many possible variations there are for the positioning of the tongue. I appreciate this conversation to help me explore.

When the tongue tip is touching the base of the nasal septum (when there I feel the erectile tissue bulging out on either side) it is possible to relax into a position where the soft palate is folded down to verticle and the tongue is pointed up, with the tip just a little forward, just like Yogani's drawing.

Alternatively, it is possible to lift the base of the tongue up and back so that the soft palate is cradling the underside of the tongue and the tongue is horizontal on top as in your drawing.

I'm glad to be learning the vairations.

Also, I see what you mean about the opening at the top of Stage 3. My sense is that it is the place where in Yogani's drawing the back of the inner cave goes from vertical to a forward angle near the top. As the gap narrows, that is where we sense an smaller opening.

With gratitude,

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  12:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A very interesting posibility are these variations. The stage 3 drawing, will remain a mystery
till one of us can reach it!

Glad to hear you got something useful from this conversation! I will try your variation right away, i hope it's a shift for me too

Blessings,
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000