New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  11:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

Just yesterday my tongue reached the base of the nasal septum, a very sensitive area, this is then
the Kechari stage 2 as described in AYP Teachings
It was a very interesting journey of self-discovery.

Some tips to people who is still on their way

• It may take some time. For me it was two years, for some people it's just two months.
  • It is a process, and this means that only after "something" has been unblocked/opened you will be able to proceed further.
  • Read about it everywhere you can, as you will find more valuable advice.
  • Find a good book on anatomy and try to visualize where you actually want to get

I'm going to insist that AYP images of Kechari are somehow misleading because the stage 2 is depicted as the tongue reaching just behind the uvulae, but Yogani's description clearly states that the stage 2 is reached when the tongue get's to the base of the nasal septum, and not just behing the uvulae.

Also Yogani mentions an elastic tendon in the soft palate, which clearly folds down, allowing the tongue to reach further.

So investigate well where the tongue is supposed to go.

(I'm still in debt because i said i will be posting an image with a better depiction)

Blessing to everyone!

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  2:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  3:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anibaru your enthusiasm is contagious...thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  3:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone,

After reaching Kechari i can only share my experience reaching it.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out where should the tongue go, because i only found limitations
and not a "sensitive spot". So after achieving it i have a better idea of how to do it.

I took Yogani's kechari sketch, the description, my own experience, and some unparalled "Paint" Skills, to come up with the next image.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rqy98z.jpg

The first step is where Yogani shows the kechari stage2

The second step shows an aperture, and the tongue passing through it. Notice the gray area, it is a cavity.

The third step shows the tongue reaching the base of the septum, notice the green dot, and also notice how the uvulae and the soft palate fold down

Hope this little explanation helps someone,

Blessings,

Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  4:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Billin i've read so much about this Mudra that now that i've achieved it, i don't know what to do now
Pranayama with it? Going to my Job with it? i forgot everything i read . Too much enthusiasm, i guess
i need to actually try some meditation with this mudra, right?

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  5:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can do everything with it. All of your practices, work meetings etc..

Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  07:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,
I have the same dilemma as you had. Yogani's illustration shows the tongue going straight up after crossing the uvula. I tried but could not go up as my tongue was not long enough, I thought. But when I tried to move behind the soft palate,using the help of a finger under the base of the tongue, as indicated in the lesson, I found the tight elastic band would not allow me in easily. On persisting I am aometimes able to insert the tongue-tip between the back of the soft palate and the structure above it, forcing the tongue to press down the elastic band, and I find the tip entering a cavity that tastes salty. Of course, unlike indicated in the lesson, the elastic band did not hold my tongue there and it slipped back. I was going forward towards the front of my face, rather than up, and this put me in doubt. If this is the right path to take,I guess I will have to elongate my tongue more with talabya kriya and milking, before I am able to reach any sensitive spot.
Would appreciate if Yogani, or a senior AYPer like Shanti or Christie can comment and guide us.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Jul 20 2014 08:06:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  11:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

In my own experience, the tongue will easily slip down from behind the soft palate initially, when only the tip is able to reach behind it, due to the elasticity of the tendon. I can't comment directly on either talbya kriya or milking, as my own kechari journey was accomplished by trimming the lingual frenulum. But in my understanding both practices accomplish the same thing, that is to extend the range of motion of the tongue enabling it to reach behind the soft palate. As the tongue becomes freer and a greater portion of it is able to sit behind the soft palate, this makes the mudra easier to perform. If you've had success with the practices you've been doing so far, I'd say a little more effort will allow your tongue to sit there comfortably.

Good luck with it
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  11:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you ll be sitting for hours with this mudra in place eventually. sensisitivtty may be there now or it may not be. it will be there eventually. somedays your tongue may just trying to go upeven higher and you can hear the "water" begin to rush
Go to Top of Page

AviC

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  3:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit AviC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Anibaru,
But when I tried to move behind the soft palate,using the help of a finger under the base of the tongue, as indicated in the lesson, I found the tight elastic band would not allow me in easily. On persisting I am sometimes able to insert the tongue-tip between the back of the soft palate and the structure above it, forcing the tongue to press down the elastic band, and I find the tip entering a cavity that tastes salty. Of course, unlike indicated in the lesson, the elastic band did not hold my tongue there and it slipped back.

I'm at a similar place in my kechari journey, and I just wanted to share with you a technique I discovered that makes the elastic tendon relax and come down. While pushing my tongue back with one finger, I use another finger to poke the soft pallet just behind where it meets the hard pallet. This has the effect of causing the soft pallet to reflexively lower as if there was some food coming into the mouth that needs to be pushed down the esophagus. This should clear the way for your tongue to come up and forward over the soft pallet. It's still not super easy for me to hold my tongue in place for more than about 30 seconds, but I think this is just a matter of practice and to let all the the relevant muscles stretch and continuing the frenulum trimming.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too have been trying to achieve Kechari Phase II for the last six months by practicing Talabya but still have no success, which has more to do with the fact that Shakti has not yet invited me in...that is a key aspect. I do not want to stick my tongue up my nasal passage just for the sake of sticking my tongue up there, I waiting patiently for Shakti to drive the process. I trust it will happen some day.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  08:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Thanks for the encouragement.I have cut a fair amount to reach this stage. In fact, if I look in the mirror, I no longer see a prominent ridge-like "frenum" that most of us see before cutting. The whole area is continuous and smooth. When I press the central part where the ridge was earlier, I can still feel more of the ridge hidden behind, but I don't want to cut more now and am trying to extend by talabya and milking. I just tried to poke the soft palate from under, like AvlC suggested, but there is not enough room left in the mouth to do this. I shall keep trying. Another thing I notice while trying to press on the crack between the soft palate and the structure above it is that sometimes I can enter the cavity easily but other times it is hard and I have to retract and try again later. There is therefore some phenomenon working here ! "Shakti" perhaps, that is temperamental ?
But I know I am close. Whether or when I am able to hit the sensitive spots is another matter, and whether when I hit it/them anything dramatic happens is yet another ? Only time will tell. Btw, how long did you guys(adishivayogi, Wafu)) have to try everyday till the tongue was able to be "trapped" in the cavity by the elastic band.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Jul 22 2014 08:03:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro,

It looks like some sort of neurobiology is here, because the "tendon" of the palate is opening easy for some, and harder for some other. It's been two weeks
since i first reached the phase 2 and my tongue clearly gets "trapped" by the tendon, but its not really a trap as you can get the tongue out of there very easy.
Also sometimes i need a little effort to actually open the soft pallet with my tongue (also called the Gate of Brahma, cool name huh? )

I found my self panicking because of a sudden swallow reflex, and since the tongue is in the cavity it goes out very quickly ... But anyway the tongue is actually
supposed to be there because it just fits there

The sensitive area is closer than you think, if you managed to enter the cavity then you need no more stretching or milking because it is too close, My Tip:
At first i was searching for the "upper" part of the cavity, only to find a boring "second uvula", but if you instead start following the tendon in direction
to your nose you will find the base of the nasal septum (which is like a smaller frenum)

Can someone tell me what are the small little "balls" that are by the side of the frenum? The may "look" like this:

|
                     O |
                       | O

They are *far* more sensitive than the septum, and guess what ... They change positions!! some times they will be like

| O
                       |
                     O | 

I think they are related to your nose being blocked in one side all the time ...

Any ideas?

Blessings to everyone
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any of the "balls & uvula traffic" up there, just a nice hammock palate which cradles my tongue so the tip can dance at the sweet spot/septum. Wherever one's at, ketchari is a worthy tool to have in your yoga kit, so keep at it!
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,

the balls are openings of the eustachian tubes. I have been practicing kechari two and three for some years now and I must admit that your pictures seem more misleading to me than the original one. This might be due to anatomical differences.

Edited by - mimirom on Aug 13 2014 5:05:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  5:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru and All:

If the "balls" are soft, moving around and highly sensitive, these would be the erectile tissues inside the nasal passages, which restrict air flow when erect, as you surmised. The eustachian tube "horns" are outside the nasal passages on either side, do not move, and are not particularly sensitive in relation to the septum and erectile tissues.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  03:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I see. Thanks Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  11:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, the balls are actually extremely sensistive, even more than the septum itself.

I hope someone can come up with pictures that don't mislead the people who is trying to enter kechari stage 2.

I've also found a "passage" that when touched with the tongue produces a strange sensation in the ears, like relieving
the pressure, but also producing a "motor like" sound.

There is so much to discover around here! , sensitive tissues, ear passages, "balls", septum, i wonder where is the Amrita ...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  12:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
There is so much to discover around here! , sensitive tissues, ear passages, "balls", septum, i wonder where is the Amrita ...

Coming up the path, no doubt...
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  11:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the Amrita thing for real?
I mean, has anyone actually tasted and intoxicated with it?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  8:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

Hi Everyone,

I took Yogani's kechari sketch, the description, my own experience, and some unparalled "Paint" Skills, to come up with the next image.

The second step shows an aperture, and the tongue passing through it. Notice the gray area, it is a cavity.

The third step shows the tongue reaching the base of the septum, notice the green dot, and also notice how the uvulae and the soft palate fold down

Hi Anibaru,
Great drawings! They do illustrate well kechari 2. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for your practice
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anibaru

Hi Anibaru,

Excellent drawing. It was very timely for me. This week, after years of snipping, I'm in Kechari 2 and also doing it for whole meditation sits.

Thanks to your inspirational nudge. A huge thanks also to Yogani for making this little know practice more public. Kechari Mudra brings it all together. Namaste to the generations of yogic sages who have walked the path of the marriage of pure bliss consciousness and ecstatic conductivity. May the practice grow far and wide.

With love and gratitude,

PS Namaste to the two very select people who showed me their Kechari Mudra visually, both Indian women. You are angels.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 16 2014 11:35:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  2:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah! welcome to the Kecharas! (joking ...)
I'm glade that my paint skills actually helped someone.

Now ... to find out where the amrita comes from!

Blessings,
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  03:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,

I managed to go past the uvula and insert the tongue tip into the slit to reach above the soft palate almost 3 months ago, but try as I might, I am unable to get it in far enough to get "trapped" by the elastic tendon....it just slips out when I release my finger. I have been continually milking the tongue everyday, but no further progress. Any suggestions from you or anybody else will be gratefully welcomed.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  10:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krcqimpro1,

After getting past the uvula, what helped me was to press the tip of the tongue straight up to the bone ceiling above the soft palate. Once there, I was able to work the tongue side to side (to get centered and to get the uvula pointed down) and forward from there.

Best wishes,

B.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 19 2014 10:34:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  10:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found these scull photos helpful to conceptualize the bone anatomy. Still it is a mystery.
http://www.studyblue.com/notes/note...deck/9928369
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000