Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 kriya yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  9:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would want to know if it is possible to do kriya yoga by oneself without any guru. I want to choose kriya yoga as my means to know myself. I would try to learn it from pdfs and youtube video. Also, is there any one who is enlightened in this forum.. What does it really mean to be an enlightened individual? This may be a silly quetion :)

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  4:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

a very big answer was here some hours ago, what has happened the author may know :)

When it comes to kriya yoga, the best is to get initiated by someone who has reached the goal of yoga. There are two variants of kriya yoga, one of the lineage of Hariharananda and the other from various sources with minor differences.

Both lineages have quite some elite practitioners and masters, so it has more to do with your inner attraction.

If you still want to get a feel for kriya yoga, one of the free sources is that of Ennio Nimis and the other one is from Hans. I have no experience with Ennio's variant, but about Hans' kriya I had written my experience in another thread. Hans has reached repeated nirvikalpa samadhis over a decade ago with that kriya and since then has surely progressed even further, so he is quite a good source. But he had also been initiated by Shibendu. I have no idea about Ennio's progress, perhaps you can just write him a mail and ask :)

Other than that learning kriya from a realized yogi in a group has some big advantages.

1. You get a very strong energetic boost combined with some good cleansing of the nadis and chakras, depending on the initators skills and capacity. Together with the group practice boost, your start into daily practice will be very much enhanced and you may get pretty fast results which may make the big difference in motivation and insight to further continue the practice.

2. You learn about other people, longterm practitioners and their experiences with that practice and you may be able to get tons of practical answers to all kind of questions.

3. The group dynamics are also ideal to keep you balanced even though the boost may be quite strong.

Other than that, in the beginning I also practiced without initiation and it was Hans kriya. After some months of intense practice, I could not continue, I could clearly feel that I need high quality guidance. I also had not connected much with him and also did it incorrectly, but being alone can be pretty problemativ when the states start to get crazy. And practicing kriya without initation would be quite a solo road, perhaps you can connect with the Ennio group in some way.

The other advantage of knowing some people who practice the same you do, is that you can start to practice together, occasionally or planned as retreats (see Yoganis book on this for superb information). Practicing together has very special effects and can become an IMMENSE boost, dissolving lots of blocks and making you taste unknown beauties :)

When it comes to the enlightened question, it was asked in a recent thread aswell, see answers there (=

Peace and happy practice!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  11:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I while ago I noticed this book about Krya yoga. It sounds like the author really knows what he's talking about. It has excellent reviews on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Kriya-Secrets...oga+revealed

Go to Top of Page

katragadda

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Hi iseekbalance,

a very big answer was here some hours ago, what has happened the author may know :)

When it comes to kriya yoga, the best is to get initiated by someone who has reached the goal of yoga. There are two variants of kriya yoga, one of the lineage of Hariharananda and the other from various sources with minor differences.

Both lineages have quite some elite practitioners and masters, so it has more to do with your inner attraction.

If you still want to get a feel for kriya yoga, one of the free sources is that of Ennio Nimis and the other one is from Hans. I have no experience with Ennio's variant, but about Hans' kriya I had written my experience in another thread. Hans has reached repeated nirvikalpa samadhis over a decade ago with that kriya and since then has surely progressed even further, so he is quite a good source. But he had also been initiated by Shibendu. I have no idea about Ennio's progress, perhaps you can just write him a mail and ask :)

Other than that learning kriya from a realized yogi in a group has some big advantages.

1. You get a very strong energetic boost combined with some good cleansing of the nadis and chakras, depending on the initators skills and capacity. Together with the group practice boost, your start into daily practice will be very much enhanced and you may get pretty fast results which may make the big difference in motivation and insight to further continue the practice.

2. You learn about other people, longterm practitioners and their experiences with that practice and you may be able to get tons of practical answers to all kind of questions.

3. The group dynamics are also ideal to keep you balanced even though the boost may be quite strong.

Other than that, in the beginning I also practiced without initiation and it was Hans kriya. After some months of intense practice, I could not continue, I could clearly feel that I need high quality guidance. I also had not connected much with him and also did it incorrectly, but being alone can be pretty problemativ when the states start to get crazy. And practicing kriya without initation would be quite a solo road, perhaps you can connect with the Ennio group in some way.

The other advantage of knowing some people who practice the same you do, is that you can start to practice together, occasionally or planned as retreats (see Yoganis book on this for superb information). Practicing together has very special effects and can become an IMMENSE boost, dissolving lots of blocks and making you taste unknown beauties :)

When it comes to the enlightened question, it was asked in a recent thread aswell, see answers there (=

Peace and happy practice!

Go to Top of Page

katragadda

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  10:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Holy[/i

Gurunath is having a lecture tonight in NYC and one day retreat tomorrow. Details are on his website. I am planning to attend. You mentioned about wonder boy. How would I recognize him and meet him.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It'd be great to hear of how it goes Katragadda.

I've heard of his stops in California but I'm a slave to my grunt work.
Someday maybe.

Have a great time tonight.
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  11:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information guys.. do any of u guys know any spiritual gurus who does initiation in Baltimore area.. I work 12 hours everyday so I wanted to do it myself... I am normally doing mantra chanting meditation and really feel contected with my gurudev lord Ganesh... I had an amateur kundalini awakening last summer and I think after studying the lessons from this site I believe my 7th chakra was opened prematurely.. I have problem .. I am a marijuana user..
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  09:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by iseekbalance

Thanks for the information guys.. do any of u guys know any spiritual gurus who does initiation in Baltimore area.. I work 12 hours everyday so I wanted to do it myself... I am normally doing mantra chanting meditation and really feel contected with my gurudev lord Ganesh... I had an amateur kundalini awakening last summer and I think after studying the lessons from this site I believe my 7th chakra was opened prematurely.. I have problem .. I am a marijuana user..

It would appear that the closest and soonest available initiation in Kriya will be between September 6th and 7th in New York

http://www.kriya.org/calendar__event.php?id=2286

next will be

September 12th and the 14th of this year. It will be in Colombus Ohio. Nothing shown for Maryland.

http://www.kriya.org/calendar__event.php?id=2289

Kriya as taught by this wonderful organization will change a person over time if you practice sincerely every day as taught, then you will see.

Good luck and best wishes to you.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  5:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@katragadda

sorry this comes late, but you would not have met the "wonder boy" who is the samadhi boy, but you can read about him in a new thread in the gurus and sages section :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000