Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Insomnia cure?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  01:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, people, I'm wondering if there's some kind of spiritual cure for insomnia...

My insomnia is worse than ever right now... currently it's 7:30 AM in my country, i have tried to sleep from 2 to 5 and haven't made it; and yet i was sleepy!

But i have always had such problems ever since I was little.

So, do you maybe know any technique, whether meditation, whether i don't what just that it works, most likely an alternative spiritual technique.

Thanks for help!

Edited by - Sungazer on Jul 07 2014 01:35:50 AM

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  11:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sungazer
I know the feeling, I used to have this kind of insomnia - waking up a 3 am and not managing to fall asleep till 6 am.
Meditation fixed the problem for me. I warmly recommend it - any kind of mediation - mantra, breath focused, whichever you like.
How are you getting on with your meditation practice?

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 11 2014 1:21:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blaskhyrk

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  06:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HEllo,

meditation is truly helping and as well if you have a possibility to have a walk. There are always possibilities to use that time.

Greetings.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  11:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen in these forums some who drift off to Cosmic Samyama as it incorporates relaxing the body/breath in a systematic, attention based way. A year into AYP and I'm am sleeping a solid 6.5 hours a night without interruption, whereas it was often interrupted before.

There is something to be said for surrendering the anxiety of finding yourself awake in the night, to try reading for a short time or doing housework, or as mentioned above, walking outside if it is safe. Or maybe something pleasure based: massaging your skin with lavender oil, maybe a warm soak in a tub.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sungazer,

listen to Swami J (Janeswarananda)'s Yoga Nidra CD. It will inmensely help you. One of its exercises is similar to cosmic Samyama.

Best
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  6:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sungazer,

I usually have trouble sleeping due to thoughts. Lying on the floor and doing some light asanas with breath meditation helps me sleep every time

I hope you feel better
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  11:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sungazer,

1. Meditation, twice a day, is very useful.

2. The yoga nidra CD works.

3. Buy a "Super Sleep "Hemi-Sync" CD from Monroe Products, in Virginia, USA, and with two small speakers on either side of your pillow, play the CD all night, using, perhaps, a portable CD player. It works well.( Tel: (434)-263-8692. email: Interstate@Hemi-Sync.com

4. If you are accustomed to taking an afternoon nap of more than an hour, either skip it or reduce it to not more than an hour.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Sep 12 2014 11:14:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  08:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I exercise earlier in the day and don't drink caffeine after lunch and do not nap, my sleep is better. Inversions or forward bends before bed such as legs up the wall help. So does tulsi tea or camomile. I will play the Swami Ji Yoga Nidra if I wake and it does work. Always wake the same time each day. Have you tried nadi shodhana?
Go to Top of Page

insightstate

Romania
10 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  1:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit insightstate's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This will help you.
1.Meditation
2.Eat only vegetarian food.
3.Do physical exercise , minimum 20 minutes/day
4.Don't watch television before going to sleep. better, don't watch at all.
5.Go outside, stay in nature, minimum 1hour /day
Go to Top of Page

Toto

Norway
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  2:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
I have never had insomnia before. But, here is what I do. When you feel sleepy, find where the signal comes from in your head. Be there with your attention. And wait for dream picture that comes.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ifind that sadhana itself many times will knock me out
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  09:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone has given excellent suggestions. Try amaroli and see if it makes any difference.
Go to Top of Page

alanna17

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think trying self hypnosis or progressive muscle relaxation may help you to get rid of insomnia. I use an app on my iphone for the self hypnosis stuff and it does help sometimes. Still sometimes nothing helps, but at least I try! Also using the bed only for sleep and sex is a help. Also do not have an alarm clock with bright lights where you can see the time. Or cover it. That leads to anxiety as you watch the clock waiting to fall asleep. The later the time the more anxiety the later the time, etc.

Edited by - alanna17 on Dec 17 2017 08:02:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  4:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alanna,
Welcome to the forum. To fall asleep it helps to have a bedtime routine. A bedtime routine is a sequence of things that you do every evening, to let you body and mind know that you will soon go to bed. It could include dimming the lights, light stretches, a cup of tea, a shower or bath, putting some comfortable pajamas, reading a book in bed, maybe reviewing the day, relaxation, cosmic samyama if you practice it, etc. Ayurveda recommends to go to bed and wake up at the same hour, every day.

Best wishes and let us know how you feel. Do you practice meditation?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000