AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Rudraksha...has anybody experinced any effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svetamoscow

16 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  3:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It is so popular to wear Rudraksha in India, but anybody here felt any tangible results from doing so? If yes what were they? Thanks

Purohit

India
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  02:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I took to wearing a Rudraksha kantha ( 34 or 35 large beads) about 2 years ago on the back of a spontaneous impulse while attending a retreat. Very difficult to mention any tangible result separately. I keep it on most of the time and to separate my body from it causes anguish. Its like part of my skin and i feel extreme love for it.
When i first wore it, the immediete feeling was probably of much more confidence and fearlessness. And now i can not mention any isolated benefit from it but its very very precious to me.
Dont know if that helps..
Best Regards
Go to Top of Page

svetamoscow

16 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  04:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Purohit

Hi,
I took to wearing a Rudraksha kantha ( 34 or 35 large beads) about 2 years ago on the back of a spontaneous impulse while attending a retreat. Very difficult to mention any tangible result separately. I keep it on most of the time and to separate my body from it causes anguish. Its like part of my skin and i feel extreme love for it.
When i first wore it, the immediete feeling was probably of much more confidence and fearlessness. And now i can not mention any isolated benefit from it but its very very precious to me.
Dont know if that helps..
Best Regards

Hi Purohit

I felt almost exactly the same about my Rudraksha beads. When the strand broke, they could be repaired once or twice but then had to be put aside. They are very precious to me also and it was extremely difficult to take them off at all. After the necklace could no longer be worn, it was terrible, in some ways worse than losing a loved one. This extreme attachment for my Rudraksha beads - I thought (until reading your comment) was just me being oversensitive. So I'm speculating we aren't alone in this; others have probably had same or similar experience.

Incredible beads, highly recommended. Especially for the lonely or those much in need of comforting. It's like getting a best friend that you can wear. But it's wise not to become overly attached to this friend because the necklace can fall apart. It is suggested to only wear it when really needed (as opposed to all the time) and otherwise to keep it safe in a drawer or on a shelf .. Maybe the proper way of constructing a necklace like this is to individually knot each bead, instead of simply stringing the beads together. Heavy duty thread would also help.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Purohit

India
43 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2014 :  02:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati,
Mine are threaded with heavy duty thread. It is quite a blessing to be in India for whole lot of reasons including the easy availability of repairs to Rudraksha mala and abundant supply of Rudraksha beads in all varieties. There are actually quite a lot of benefits, one of the most significant i can understand is that it protects and enhances our aura, hence our unsconscious attachment.
AS for attachment look at how the mind wants to go where the body has not reached, because there is no right or wrong way to wear or use the mala, or for that reason, for anything. Everything just is.... without all our analysis and judgements.
If we get attached its good, if we dont still its good. I dunno if its the attachement which is the cause of pain or rather our STORIES regarding it.
By the way can we escape the fact that we will get attached to the friend and the necklace and it will fall apart one day, no way we can escape that. We will be free when we will be attached to the friend and necklace, it will fall apart and we will still be ok with it.
I am sorry if i sound weird or harsh, i guess i am actually talking to my fears and you are just acting as the mirror.
Rumi is the right guy to comment on this, i guess.
Love and best wishes,
Govind
Go to Top of Page

Anahat

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  12:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it true that with rudraks there are certain rules to follow? such as don't wear rudraks in the bathroom or during an sexual engagement. I have a necklace I fashioned with interlaced seeds and shiva linga stones. its small and hugs my neck so at times I forget its there.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  09:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
they're pretty cool. they will spin in different directions over various foods. hold them over yourself or wear you sit. special qualities in there. the rules are so you dont get them energtically dirty so to speak. they hold ur vibe. best to only let them see the best of you lol

Edited by - adishivayogi on Sep 17 2014 10:39:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  08:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have purchased a few but in all honesty am not satisfied with the Quality. Does anyone know of a good place to order online? I would like to purchase the larger ones with double knots in between as well as another with the ability to adjust the number of beads. Might buy more than one of each.

As far as the Rudraksha are concerned prefer them very much over rose wood etc...

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Oct 01 2014 09:31:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  10:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Id like to find some large ones that haridana (sp?) wore
Go to Top of Page

forumasica

Croatia
3 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  1:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have 1 mukhi rudraksha. I'm allone for a very long time, about 10 years, and I find out that if I weare rudraksha, the person I love will come. I love someone about 3 years. We have something, but still nothing serious. Does anyone have any experience? is that true? I wear rudraksha for 2 years, and I'm still allone. And I don't know if I have real or fake rudraksha. How can I know that?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  3:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by forumasica

I have 1 mukhi rudraksha. I'm allone for a very long time, about 10 years, and I find out that if I weare rudraksha, the person I love will come. I love someone about 3 years. We have something, but still nothing serious. Does anyone have any experience? is that true? I wear rudraksha for 2 years, and I'm still allone. And I don't know if I have real or fake rudraksha. How can I know that?

Hi forumasica,

I'm not sure if rudraksha will help with this. Perhaps trying to find that wholeness inside you first will bring the person you may be looking for.

Wishing you all the best

Go to Top of Page

forumasica

Croatia
3 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  5:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you, sunyata
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000