Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Changing Daily Routine Of Practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

itsallbollix

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  10:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Instead of practising in the morning and evening are there any reasons I can't do both sessions in the morning, with a 10 min break between them?

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  12:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I am not very experienced and never tried what you suggest, but I think that on the first session you would miss one of the most interesting aspects of yoga, which is bringing the calmess achieved during practice into daily activity. But I may be completely wrong...
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  1:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome itsallbollix,

I am also curious about whether one long session is more effective than two back to back with a short break in between. I've always done the former, as it is somewhat difficult to cut practices short when their momentum builds.

Some resources to help address the question:

over-sensitive: meditate once a day?

"Three hours per day is enough time to put together a really terrific twice-daily integrated practice routine covering all aspects of yoga, and leading to far greater results than doing any one practice for that duration." -p. 563, Support Forum Posts of Yogani

"So there is a going out to establishment of abiding inner silence (witness), and then a coming back into full action with inner silence. That is the journey of yoga. That is why daily activity is an important part of the over all practice, to stabilize stillness in action. We are not leaving forever into samadhi without objects. It is not a one way trip. We are systematically going out and bringing samadhi back into daily living. So it is very practical." -p. 129, Support Forum Posts of Yogani
Go to Top of Page

itsallbollix

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  3:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your comments. I have 2 part time jobs, one of them middle of day and one in the evening, so not always easy to get a stable daily routine. I appreciate what I propose isn't as effective as 2 separate sessions, but still better than nothing. I hope!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  10:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi itsallbollix,

if it is hard for you to practice twice daily, then practice once daily. If one session is underwhelming, increase its efficiency or duration to keep things simple.

Two sessions back to back are much more intense compared to having a several hours break inbetween them. While the latter may be smooth, the former can easily get uncomfortable. It is like eating food. You can seperate the meals or eat twice the amount in the morning. The total energy gain is the same, but seperate meals can be digested more easily ;)

Peace and enjoy! :)
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why not take your (I am assuming here) 20 minutes twice a day DM and instead once a day do maybe, 5 minutes SBP and 20 minutes of DM? For a while it was all I could do, and I am sure it did have benefits over about a year.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  4:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi it's not all bollix just some of it. I practice twice daily and it has changed the bollix into purpose ,practice ayp deep meditation as prescribed by yogani and maybe you will Never mind the bollix peace and love to you

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jun 21 2015 5:15:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000