Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 sinus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  04:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This full moon is high in energy.
sinus are very bad over here too....since few days I wake up in the middle of the night with clogged sinus...then in the morning some mucus and sneezing
Today is full moon, mucus is very strong
Although I m doing neti pot everyday!
I wonder if neti pot is making things better or worse? Or it is just full moon sinus purification ? Or maybe it is none of the above just regular sinus problem

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 14 2014 05:01:27 AM

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  05:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maheswari,

do you eat diary products?

anyway, it sounds like a very nice poem , you made me smile .
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  06:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maheswari,
I have had problems with sinuses up to 5 times a year. I found fasting a few years back, that helped me a lot. When I start to feel like having sinus problems, I start to fast. I just drink water, and after 3 days it is gone (usually it would last for 5-7 days).
While it lasts, I know that I still have it because my sinus is swelled up, but I do not have any mucus because of the fast. So it was symptom free (for me) almost. This last year or two I did not have problems with it, so my memory is maybe a little off, but I think it was (almost) completely symptom free.
Anyway, there are traditions in which fasting is recommended 2 or 3 days before both full moon and new moon. Didn't ask why while I was in one, but it is starting to make sense with your post and Shanti's in another thread. Back then it was just a chore to be done.

PS: Just to clarify, I do not fast unless I feel like it. Definitely not doing it every other week. Just a couple of times a year. Mostly in the summer, in the form of raw food diet.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ayiram: yes I eat dairy. ....sinus isn't a chronic problem so diary is not the cause
Mykal k: I m vatta dosha...so fasting is not recommended

Amaroli helps and I have been doing it on and off , unable to sustain this practice due to overload...will resume Amaroli after full mon
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  10:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that, never thought that fasting wouldn't be recommended for someone, except if that someone was very very hungry .
Sorry, I am in a jovial mood today.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  10:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vata body/mind handles fasting very uneasily...
Cheers to your good mood
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  11:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheseswari

I have similar issues from the last week as well. High energy as well sinuses are bad as well. I tried Amaroli it helps but it does the overloading. so I am not doing it after few days. May be start once things settle down. Also lot of Soma/Amrita as well. Long walks along with Yoga helps. Also i am drinking Pitta balancing Tea. I did the neti pot and it helps to clear the sinus.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  02:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello pkj....what you say is exactly what is happening with me...we are on the same boat
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  06:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have to say that my sinus are very accurate....every full moon they are dripping
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  12:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also having sinus problems here, but of course it is spring in Florida so tons of pollen in the air! I do find that the neti pot helps more than anything else. I was previously putting a drop or two of eucalyptus oil in the neti pot, however, I noticed that it was leaving a thick sticky film in the neti pot so I stopped doing that (because it could be leaving a film like that in my nose as well!) hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  03:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radharani i do use the neti pot
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  03:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it seems that sinus is active not only on full moon but also on new moon
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  05:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Maha

I get these sort of episodes too. My impression is that they are a symptom of what's going on further along the sushumna (purification? rebalancing?) I can feel a could current travelling up from the lower spine and the nose gets runny. It clears in the following few hours. Sometimes it's accompanied by a lengthy bout of sneezing and watery eyes.

I have given up neti pot myself when I realised the source of the issue is not in the nose or sinuses. I just let it be and treat it like scenery.

I hope you are not getting too uncomfortable when these episode do occur.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  04:12:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Blue
yes it lasts few hours
i am still doing the neti
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000