Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Sudden water craving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zlarp

Switzerland
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  06:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So in the last few months, I've been basically forcing myself to drink at least 3 liters of water a day. I don't drink anything else, really, no coffee or tea, I'm fine with water.

In the last week or two, however, I've been going through some kind of transformation. I've been thirsty all the time and I drink a *lot* of water. Maybe 8-11 liters a day. The water suddenly tastes amazing and sweet and I love every gulp of it. I've also found myself eating plain white rice a lot and enjoying it, without much need for any other kind of food. I am also eating some boiled eggs for protein and vitamins and will make sure to stock up on fruit again soon.

But the water thing frightens me a bit. I keep reading about people dying when they've been drinking this much, but to me it just feels good and seems to be just what my body needs. I've been getting up once or twice every night having to change my shirt because I've been sweating and it just feels as if there's some big cleansing going on. My skin is becoming extremely smooth, like a baby's.

What's going on? This is really interesting to me, because I've never read about big changes like this anywhere else.

Edit: To give you some background: I've been practicing Kriya Yoga for 5 months now, without initiation. Recently I've exchanged my meditation from there with the deep meditation from this website, if this makes any difference.

However, I've gone through a very similar process once, before I started any meditation at all. It was when I got divorced and quit masturbation. Somehow I got into a kind of "heightened" state and lots of good coincidences started happening and I felt completely enlightened. It's what got me into this whole spirituality business to begin with. That state lasted for about 4 months, and then it went away. Now it seems to be coming back. People are already smiling at me a lot on the street, which was also one of the strange effects. It feels as if I'm being given a lot of siddhis all at once.

Edited by - Zlarp on Feb 06 2014 06:18:45 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
High energy phases and/or phases of the amrita cycle or soma cycle will make you very thirsty.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  09:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: You can look at this website for some info on this http://biologyofkundalini.com/
Go to Top of Page

Zlarp

Switzerland
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that :) So it's not dangerous to drink this much? I was kind of afraid it might be diabetes and I've been thinking about seeing a doctor, but I don't want to go through lots of tests when they're just not gonna understand what's happening to me.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2014 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The phase will pass. If it continues for a long time (it will have to be what you are comfortable with), then maybe it's good to get it checked... but generally it's good to wait for a bit and see if it passes... good chance it will.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2014 :  2:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
People die from too much water because it leaches the minerals out of your body, especially if it is water that has minerals removed, such as distilled water.
So you may want to take mineral supplements or electrolytes that athletes take in the summer.
It is best not to gulp a lot of water at one time, instead sip a little at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  03:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I just talked to somebody who forced himself to drink more water than his body told him to, and he ended up drinking 12 litres a day. He has managed to lower it down to 3.5 litres, and is still working on it. He cut it down relatively fast (a few weeks), once he identified the isssue. Seems he was lead to believe that everyone was thirsty even when they weren't feeling it, and so started drinking water more than his body told him to. Now he drinks only when he is really thirsty, and does so very slowly.
Says he feels much better, and has much more time on his hands.
Hope this help someone.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000