AYPsite.org Forum
 Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Thank You
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone.

Forgive me for being forward. I wanted to say thank you for this space and your presence, my friends. I love you.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  4:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you too, Anima.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  01:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  2:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love your Holiday spirit!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  8:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Hi everyone.

Forgive me for being forward. I wanted to say thank you for this space and your presence, my friends. I love you.

Thank you! Yes, this sangha is so wonderful. Glad you are being blessed by it, too. Much Love to you!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  9:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Anima and I also thank everyone here
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  9:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  10:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You touched my frozen heart with these simple words Anima. Thank you!
God bless you all my friends.
Go to Top of Page

susandiaz

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  03:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit susandiaz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a heap!
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  2:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  3:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  4:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  10:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
_____Update_____

BEING GRATEFUL

During Ramadan, I saw a man with a rosary in my doctor’s office waiting room. I asked him about the rosary, which was made of amber. He told me his prayer was “thank You, thank You, thank You.” He had the right idea and the right attitude. In fact, “thank you” can be a good multipurpose mantra!

Any thought can become another. We all have that power to decide where our mind leads us. I’ve been practicing gratitude in a lot of ways. One way is to compliment my Ishta (Lord Krishna) on everything I encounter. It’s very effective in combination with basic, daily practices (walking, chanting, asanas, SBP, DM, samyama, prayer). Here is how the gratitude came today while walking:

My sudden smiling:
Thank You for smiles, Lord.

“Smile” written in sidewalk four paces down:
See, I was right! Thank You, Lord.

My footsteps:
My legs are working well. Thank You for letting me walk, Lord.

Putting in a job app:
Thank You for letting me apply for a job, Lord.

Traffic lights that hold me up:
Thank You for these lights, Lord. They are so useful in keeping things orderly. I wonder who thought of them?

A little bush with uneven branches:
Thank You for this bush, Lord. Even though it’s not the mightiest, it’s getting by just fine.

Old brickwork over a window:
Thank You for this brick, Lord--a nice, careful, handmade design. The masons did a great job.

A man with glasses and nice shoes:
Thank You for this man, Lord. He seems to be getting by just fine.

Three round windows over each other:
Thank You for symmetry, Lord. Thank you for asymmetry, Lord.

A pink ad on a mobile phone store’s window:
Thank You for this pretty color, Lord.

A huge building with modern design elements:
Thank You for this building, Lord. It must have cost a lot of money and is very attractive. Thank You for giving people an attractive place to live.

The illumined sky:
Praise Thy breath, Lord.

A man and his brother:
Praise Thy being, Lord.

Water in a drinking fountain:
Praise Thy life-bearing blood, Lord.

Edited by - Anima on Dec 30 2014 10:34:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  03:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And thankyou lord for anima I live part of my through him and his words
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  11:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  11:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  12:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bhakti Yogi Anima!
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  12:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Anima Deorum,

thank you for posting this!

That is a great walking meditation! I basically do the same while walking. It´s really powerful.
Mostly directing my gratitude towards the earth element (trees), since this is especially good for my body and health.

I especially like this one „A little bush with uneven branches:
Thank You for this bush, Lord. Even though it’s not the mightiest, it’s getting by just fine.“

reminds me of this

„And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.“
King James Bible

The really interesting thing is. Gratitude alone is positive. But where you direct your gratitude towards also has a different effect on you.
Directing my gratitude for example towards the element air (sky, communication, words, music being possible, eagle flying in the sky and so on) has a completely different effect on my body. Although it (air) affects my mood even better to the positive and pushing tension down and away towards the heart area (headaches after too much kriya or too powerful bandhas), based on my observation it pushes the earth element in my body away and for example I´m MUCH more prone to getting a cold for example if I don´t counter it again with earth element.

Something on earth element ….fwiw
http://dharmaconnectiongroup.blogsp...r-light.html

Malcolm Smith: For example, the 8000 line PP [prajñ#257;p#257;ramit#257;] sutra states: "Because the emptiness of the conditioned is naturally luminous, it is pure and totally lacks fundamental afflictions."
Malcolm Smith: To be more precise, prakriti prabh#257;svara is a synonym of emptiness
Malcolm Smith: For example, it also says ""Because the earth element is naturally luminous, it is pure and totally lacks fundamental afflictions."

So, be careful with this when you have a cold!
The illumined sky:
Praise Thy breath, Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  1:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank YOU Anima for engineering this soul train!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  2:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

...thank you for this space and your presence, my friends. I love you.

I second that emotion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000