New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  7:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I know women who are so feeling oriented, that you can ask them a very simple yes or no question, and they will not hear the words at all, will not answer yes or no, and will begin talking about what they think you are feeling to drive you to ask the question. I ask the exact same question three times, and still no yes or no.

Hahahaha

Needed this laugh. Thanks Ether.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  8:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To the quote above :D :D

You ask her, "do you like Italian more?" And she is thinking about kissing styles, French etc., then answering with something like: "uh, I have to quickly finish this work, will call you later." Then 2 days ignorance of her, your plans to date with her are already for nothing. But hey, she is not so wrong, ultimately what you want from her is very clear dear Ether isn't it? ;)) But hey, just say "yes I want your love" girl, what's up with these ladies today :P

Back to the topic :D

Surely nothing happens before its time. Speeding up a process is (if the process is known) observable. If we are speaking about something unclear, then for sure speeding up or delaying are only concepts. Most probably the words of speeding up have their roots in the word evolution or unfolding of life. Like a flower, which rises from a seed, we can not pull the flower out of the seed, but in good conditions the flower will flower sooner than later. Flowering in terms of being a full human from a to z is according to the observance of those we call rishis something that happens again and again, from age to age, aka from satya yuga to kali yuga and back to satya yuga again. In satya yuga the man is full and complete, a beautiful flower. In kali yuga man is a seed, full of potential, but has yet to grow. Everyone will flower sooner or later, some within one life, some within xy lifes, latest in satya yuga everyone has flowered, at least that is what those wise men say.

If one is in peace with what happens, no matter what, aka if this surrender is happening, then this is already pure grace. Because then one is already free.

Practices, physical fitness, eating and co are a totally different topic. They can increase the quality of life, make it flower in more levels, which is all relative, the ice cake upon eternal peace so to speak.

And then forum chat lke this happens, later we have a delicious meal :P Why, because it tastes good and the body-mind is happy with it. Practices also taste good and the body-mind is happy. Fitness also makes the body-mind happy. Here it is a very practical thing. If spiritual practices don't make happy, then nautrally they will not happen :P If they make happy, naturally they will happen.

Waking up, the body is sleepy, no whish to get up :P then some kriya, refreshing, vibrant, welcome life, partake of this joy :)) Eating, moving, everyone and everythign is happy. After a tired work, back home, some kriya, refreshing.. :P Mhh the food tastes so well afterwards, the body happy, yippie, welcome night, partake of this joy :)) Not much to think about it, practices is pretty practical :P It is a sharing of love and joy, nothing else.

People have found out that some physical movements can grow the muscles and increase the metabolism which will decrease illness and increase the quality of life. It is also a sharing of love.

Some have found out, hey, there is something underlying, something eternal which is already happy, onecan also directly melt into that by inquiry and surrender, the first leading to the second. Even though the body may ache or life may happen strangely, the peace will not leave. A GREAT sharing of love.

So fom the pool of love sharings, everyone feels differently attracted. Ultimately, the complete man in satya yuga will have it all. Now in kali yuga we can have some of it, none of it, or all of it.

Peace and love friends :)
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  12:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a feeling-based goddess within me who wants to shine and destroy the barriers of logic with her radiant beams of feminine anti-logic. The beams are like ballistic missiles that hone in and target the shields of literalism until all structure is annihilated.

(Incidentally, when I lived in San Francisco, I hung out with a bunch of gay men, because my cousin is gay, and I got tied into his network, and those "queens" are quite exuberant with their feeling-based language. I, however, remain totally straight and in love with women, though I can't seem to hold onto one.)

Much like Ace Ventura, I am a "lover of all animals."
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  9:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@maheswari,

how is it going with your added nadi sodhana routine? :)

@Carson

if it seems like there are two views, it is not so. I'm with you in this. The increased speed is also in time, as the decreased speed. It was clear that it will speed up and it will slow down, so the movie is not played faster, exactly at its time things within the movie move faster or slow down. The watcher of the movie is eternal, beyond time, has already arrived, is already free only lost in the movie sometimes :)

Peace friends, hope all do fine here :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  04:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
@maheswari,

how is it going with your added nadi sodhana routine? :)

it feels better it seems we have to keep a bit of the entire combo to make things smooth...ie a bit of asanas, bit of pranayama , bit of meditation
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  02:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and this morning i restarted amaroli it seems that the major overload i had in late 2012 is getting smoother...i am slowly able to add practices
still i do only 1 sitting (built gradually over months) as follows:
15 min asanas
3 min sbp
15 min breath meditation.
10 min samyama
10 min rest
will give amaroli practice several weeks to settle down cause i remember from previous experience that it is a very powerful practice

Edited by - maheswari on Jan 24 2014 02:31:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  02:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
an update on the above
the 1 sitting in the evening is stable ( doing also 5 min SBP not 3 only)
amaroli is stable too

this morning, for the first time since 2012, i started to rebuild slowly a morning practice
i started with 3 min DM followed by 3 min rest
but i had a headache!
if i get a headache tomorrow too, then i will switch to 5 mim breath mediation in the morning and slowly build up from there

TGIIY
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  5:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey sounds good! Hope is rising, thanks for your endurance! :))

peace
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  2:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you know if you are doing to much? It seems things are changing for me and it is not always easy. Kinda going through a period where I am not sure.

My day is filled with a light headed floating sensation. I can still concentrate, I am happy and my days are good. It is not the same as an overload air head sensation (been there ) but is that normal? Is that a sign that I should be cutting back?

I was doing:
5 min heart chakra
5 min SBP
20 min DM
5 min Samyama
10 min rest
4 rounds of Sun Salutations in the morning.

I thought that maybe it was the heart chakra that was maybe causing my head stuff but I have not been doing it for the last week and thats not it. I stripped everything down to just DM and it is still there.

So it is either normal or DM is just to much. I know I am very sensative to the energy side of things. I tried 10 mins of SBP and overloaded just the other day. The reason I am not sure is I had a lot of this head stuff prior to my Witness experience which makes me assume it is related and things are being worked on.

lol, as you can see I am not sure of my direction because I don't know. I am about to call it a break and do TPP for round 2. Maybe that will give me some of my answers.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  3:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jonesboy,

Any new herbs, supplements, meds?

I would try some very simple grounding like adding horse stance to the asana routine.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  3:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No new meds or herbs. I was doing asana on a regular basis but I suffered a hernia playing water volleyball. It has been almost two months now and I am going to give it a shot this week. The girth of my belly says I need it

After a full routine I feel grounded but I also can get a killer buzz afterwards also. Contradictory I know.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 27 2014 :  8:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops I got it. I think I figured it out. Crown opening.

Sorry to have high jacked the thread.

Edited by - jonesboy on May 27 2014 8:32:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  01:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
How do you know if you are doing to much?

when in daily life i get too anxious, tears, when i feel dead, body aching all over, extremely tired, too bloated and extreme dry mouth
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  6:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting discussion . As a amateur in yoga I probably have nothing to add here , but as spiritual man I dare to write for my thoughts can be thoughts of God :) I started first meditations one year ago - according to instructions i had to do it at least 108 times to achieve a result . On the 10th sitting my kundalini moved ( sexual erection , sense of pleasure and feeling that my head is plugged in a source of energy ) . That much it took , just 10 meditations 15 minutes each!!! After that the reading started - yoga books , interviews with gurus on youtube etc. because i had to choose a direction . Then i red Lao Tzu and that was it "less is more" , my intuition was clear and loud " this is your way " . So led by that i was doing random yoga practices 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a week with long periods(sometimes months) of doing nothing just because i felt like that . Almost nothing isn't it :) . Now the result - every 2-3 months my K was rushing through each of my chakras one after another also rushing through some blockages out of chakras too. Another thing i had to stand was just random connecting to very very high energy so well calculated near my survival capacity :) . Finally few weeks ago( after one week yoga retreat with tons of mantras sang )one night my crown opened at midnight in half- sleep condition and i had the choice to go or not in what is referred as "samadhi" ( which is like - to jump in this unknown abyss or not ) for some reason i jumped in .The next day i had the worst ever kundalini near death experience which took one month to calm down and now i am almost fine . Like you see in my case the Less was definitely More :)
All this led me here bothered with the question would it be smoother for my poor body-mind with regular sadhana rather than let K do all the job it self and focusing and mastering the grounding strategies !!! :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  01:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello dear
allowing K to do all the job is not a wise choice, K can be very crazy, it will "burn" you so to speak
your inner intution for "less is more " is what you have to do now...lots of self pacing , grouding exercises etc...
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  10:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read this thread with great interest. I would like to know if anyone here has been only following Yogani and AYP and practising as he suggests. I would like to know if the inbalance so many report that makes practise difficult, is a part of AYP in general or is it because other ways have been followed using different techniques before arriving at AYP? Has anyone following AYP not had any problems of inbalance or doing too much? What sort of percentage of AYP followers come into this last category?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  11:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fifteen months into AYP and I'm relatively problem free (that rhymes!). My sessions (SB, DM, samyama) in total are 20 min, and sometimes once a day. I build asanas and spiritual reading into my daily life so I shorten meditation so I won't have problems. So far so good.
Go to Top of Page

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  6:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been following the AYP path for a little over 5 years – I do deep meditation and spinal breathing. I have periodically had to scale back on the SB (either by dropping it for a period of time or cutting back on the number of rounds). I have mediated every day during this 5 year period. The overload issues have been pretty minor – I get slightly irritable or my jaw clenches up during meditation.

What makes AYP tricky, I think, is that Yogani has laid out this series of powerful practices and it’s easy to let your desire to move forward get the best of your judgment. As he noted somewhere on this site, in the old days these practices were most likely handed out very sparingly. This is why he rightly puts an enormous amount of emphasis on self-pacing.

When I first encountered AYP, I thought, well, I will add practice X and in a month or two I will add practice Y, etc. I hit a wall pretty fast. What also makes it complicated is that there must be tremendous variation in how much practice is too much. Currently I do 2/3 rounds of SB and then meditate. This places me right on the edge of overload. This alone has been sufficient, in my case, to activate kundalini – sensations of heat and coolness radiating through my back, hot sensations along my spine, strange sensations in my forehead, etc.

I had a partial kundalini awakening in the 70s, which might partly account for why I am so sensitive to the practices- but I don’t know that. He states that every one of us has a “unique matrix of obstructions”, which is no doubt also true and would account for the variation in what people can handle. It truly is an “experienced based” practice, since you have to adjust your practices based on your experiences rather than work with some arbitrary timetable in mind.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  8:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It truly is an “experienced based” practice, since you have to adjust your practices based on your experiences rather than work with some arbitrary timetable in mind.

"I concur". (Leonardo DiCaprio)

I think I am cautious because of this forum, an thankful to all the yogis before for sharing their tales.
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  05:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes indeed. Thank you all for sharing. And thank you SwamiX for your very wise words. In a culture where we frequently learn mentally with books, it is quite another thing learning from experience. Perhaps the trick it to be physically aware enough in the present moment, to be able to feel what is going on and wise enough to know what to do about it if things get too strong.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  1:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello guys

Similar outlook from here SwamiX. It seems like I'm never going to move beyond DM and SBP. And very moderate amounts of SBP at that. I did mulabandha & shambhavi as automatic yoga very briefly and told myself to stop as it was overloading me. With siddhasana I get spaced out very quickly - my head starts swimming after about 20 seconds and I get massive overload. I've stopped craving the more advanced techniques because I'm changing pretty fast as it is. I'm in no doubt I'm making progress, which is all that matters.

So yes, prescribing a schedule of practices for everyone is close to impossible.
On the other hand, one has to recognise AYP is safer than other methods that get you to work directly on the crown.
At the end of the day it is much better to have these methods available and know they have to be applied with caution than have no method at all. The lessons are so empowering - you understand what does what. And being able to get an overview of the whole method was really useful to me. My first yoga school had this approach of drip-feeding techniques, but I had no idea what they were supposed to do and how they fitted together. When I stopped going to those classes I was left unable to manage my practice on my own.

And yes, I agree with Dogboy, this forum is great for self-pacing tips and reminders.

Best wishes to you all
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000