AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Career and Money
 Quantifying Radiance - Karma Dollars
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would define the quality of radiance as an individual being's intrinsic goodness, divine love, and creativity shining forth into the external environment. I would also say that this shining goes beyond the normal confines of physical proximity, and can reach others in a non-local way. Furthermore, radiance can vary in degrees of subtlety--not always being obvious in a glamorous form, but rather glimmering and shimmering in more discreet vibrations.

Fortunately, I've witnessed different examples of radiance--in the AYP community, at my workplace, and even in my family, dysfunctional as they sometimes are. But what interests me is whether this often qualitative phenomenon can be turned into a quantitative characteristic. In AYP, Yogani describes the core samyama sutras as qualitative (love, radiance, unity, etc.), and the sutras of cosmic samyama (feet, navel, earth, galaxy, etc.) as quantitative. The former are much more malleable and transient, whereas the latter are more fixed in a sense of relative positionality.

If there was a scientific, systematic way of calculating someone's individual radiance (and therefore, their ability to positively influence the global environment), we could change the economic system on a fundamental level. Currently, the economy is based on debt, compound interest, and material profit. Someone's net worth (in dollars) is a reflection of how much material they've accumulated. How much property they own, how much control and power they wield in a business, how many human beings they employ, how much attention they can garner or absorb via a product or service. You see what I'm getting at?

There's almost a parasitic, suction cup effect connected to the flow and accumulation of money. The design of the capitalist system encourages competition and perpetuates a cancerous spread of excess and imbalance. Too much in one person's hands, and too little in the impoverished areas.

So, not to start an socioeconomic discussion, but what I'm saying is that if spiritual value could be incorporated into the economic idealogy of our culture, we would be much better off. We could create $karma dollars$, which would determine a person's net worth based on how much they are actually contributing to the health, abundance, prosperity, and spiritual progress of the whole, rather than how much they are absorbing into their personal possession.

Yogani says that the result of enlightenment is an outpouring of divine love, not an amassing of material wealth or celebrity attention. Couldn't this paradigm be incorporated into our economic system?

Anyone share this vision of spiritual economics?

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  1:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

Very interesting post. But, I am little confused as to the purpose of your "karma dollars" and relative ranking system. What would you want to do with the information?

Also, with your qualitative radiance experience, have you found it to be relatively linear in intensity that could be compared? Or, would you say that it would be more multidimensional, making absolute comparisons harder?

Regards,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  2:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's say we had a scale of 1 to 100. 100 being like a messiah or an avatar, like Jesus or Buddha. 1 being some parasitic demon creature. Actually, David Hawkins has already done something like this with his "scale of consciousness", but he never applied it to economics, per se.

Anyway, there could be a corresponding dividend to each numerical rating. If there was a body scanner, or a radiance scanner, that could detect someone's influence (even in multiple dimensions beyond Earth), then everyone could be scanned on a recurring basis, and paid based on their rating. The wealth would shift to those who demonstrated the best ability to redistribute resources and facilitate the wellness of the whole.

But what we need is an instrument (other than just individual or collective perception) to calibrate the radiance. Like a machine that can pick up whether a light bulb is 100 watts or 1000 watts, or a seismograph that can determine the intensity of tectonic gyrations. You see? Apply that kind of measurement paradigm to the human soul, and let the fiscal currency reflect the inner condition, rather than the outer facade.

I concede that, as you say, it's much harder to track the non-linear and multi-dimensional aspects of Self, but that doesn't mean it can't be done, especially with such a fine-tuned, radar-like device that was designed by a spiritual genius on the cutting edge of technology and consciousness. Because that's happening, right? Technology is implementing what mystics have already accomplished, but with technology, there is a material manifestation of the divine potentiality. Heaven on Earth.

Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  09:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly off topic, heard of the concept called karma kitchen
http://www.karmakitchen.org/index.php?pg=about
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000