Yoga, Career and Money
 Is it time to change?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  03:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
After more than five years of AYP daily practice and many ups and downs, I am coming to a stage where endless ecstatic waves are coursing in my body, my spine, my chest… Even if I am retired, I am still in business approximately two days a week and to concentrate on my job become each day more and more difficult. So the question is: is it now the moment to put definitely an end to my professional activities to concentrate on AYP practices and my translations?
Of course, it is up to me but I will greatly appreciate some advices of those who have the same problem but please don’t advice “self-pacing”! I know all I need to know about it!

Didier

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  08:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, if you can continue working and keeping yourself busy, I would say go for it. There is nothing more grounding than work. Also, since you work only 2 days, it's a nice balance between retirement and keeping busy.
Can you explain some more why "to concentrate on my job become each day more and more difficult"
One reason could be you are not interested in it any more, if that is the case, then yeah letting this job go is fine... you have done your share of "working". If it is because you cannot keep things straight, use external tools like diaries, reminders, notes, chimes, bells, whistles. It is hard to be present at times when the energy is pulling us around, it is just a matter of training ourselves to come back here to what we are doing, again and again.
Hope this helps!
Wish you a wonderful (semi) retired life!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  09:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Didier:

Well, translating most of the AYP online lessons and three of the books (so far) to French is a very active (and ecstatic) "retirement hobby." And so many French practitioners are loving it. It is easy to see how so much fast-driven ecstatic activity ("automatic yoga") could become a distraction to ordinary business. I started on a similar track ten years ago, and here we are still doing it.

From a practical point of view, the only downside to doing "spiritual work" is that it will rarely pay the bills. But if that is not an issue (if we have pension or other means of support for the necessities of life), then it is all fulfillment for ourselves and many others. It is a time of life for giving back. At least that is how it has been viewed from here.

You should know that the ecstatic currents will not always be so overwhelming. The "ecstatic waves" do settle down eventually to be steady flow of divine love in stillness, or "stillness in action." This not nearly as up-ending, and any sort of work in any environment becomes a joy -- this is a symptom of moving into unity/non-dual condition. So you can view the present ecstatic upheaval as a transition. As the inner obstructions are worn away, the extreme ecstatic symptoms become less. Then it is more a flow of ecstatic bliss, which is a gentler situation, and more natural than the ecstatic extremes of purification and opening. And, yes, do self pace both practices and work as necessary.

Sounds like things are going well. I'm sure you will make the best decisions going forward for your continuing progress with stability. Thank you for all you are doing to pass the knowledge on to others. It is a golden time of life!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  02:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thanks to your sensible answer

quote:
One reason could be you are not interested in it any more

It is the case.

Today, I realize I wrote my post too quickly, as a cry out of my bhakti, out of my desire to have 100% of my time to spirituality. But life is not like that. I have my own karma and things must arrive at their own time.

Hi Yogani,
You are right, it is a “golden time” and I am grateful to be reasonably healthy and after a life of hard work to have time for “spiritual life” and I am also so grateful to have discovered your teachings who answered questions of a lifelong quest.
I appreciate your encouragement:
quote:
I'm sure you will make the best decisions going forward

Yes, I trust my inner guru

Didier
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000