New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  11:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Latest update, for your amusement:

I was thrilled to get the contract with the Very Famous Psychic Company. They offered me a competitive rate (slightly more than I am making now) and a VERY generous sign-on bonus after the first 90 days! BUT, there has been a delay; I was supposed to start in mid October, but then they informed me that the call volume has not grown as much as they had hoped and they won't have an opening for me to actually go online until December.

The next day, my tenant informed me that she had lost her job because her boss suddenly left town to care for a relative in another state and will be gone until at least December, if not longer. She only had 3 days' notice! Fortunately she found another job last Friday, but she won't be paid for another week, so I will have to rob Peter to pay Paul in order to pay the mortgage, but that's ok, Peter and Paul are very used to it, as we've been doing this for the last couple of years.

My husband, meanwhile, is doing his best to prevent his intestines from escaping his abdomen due to the inguinal hernia he acquired when he got hurt at his previous job (construction) where he was not covered by Workers' Compensation or any kind of health insurance, and he is unable to get help from anybody. He will have to hang in there until January when he becomes eligible for Obamacare so he can get the necessary surgery. The hernia fortunately has not prevented our tantric yoga practice. His new job as a chef is going well, but they can only give him 4 days a week.

So, like many Americans, we continue to literally drown in debt. While I remain consciously aware of the urgency of the situation and that yes, it really IS "bad," I can't seem to get very worked up or appropriately worried about it the way I would have years ago. We're already doing everything we can possibly do and, as my mother used to say, "worrying won't help." There remains through it all this incredible fountain of Love and Bliss flowing up inside regardless of the external circumstances. We are thankful for what we have, for as long as it may last, and everything is in God's hands.

Edited by - Radharani on Oct 31 2014 11:33:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  02:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear of your happiness... I'm hoping things go well with your husband's operation.
It does rest with God, yes
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  07:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
she found another job last Friday, but she won't be paid for another week, so I will have to rob Peter to pay Paul in order to pay the mortgage, but that's ok, Peter and Paul are very used to it, as we've been doing this for the last couple of years.

I just used the "Peter/Paul" saying yesterday for the first time in a generation; it's practically synchronicity to see it here in print!

quote:
While I remain consciously aware of the urgency of the situation and that yes, it really IS "bad," I can't seem to get very worked up or appropriately worried about it the way I would have years ago. We're already doing everything we can possibly do and, as my mother used to say, "worrying won't help." There remains through it all this incredible fountain of Love and Bliss flowing up inside regardless of the external circumstances. We are thankful for what we have, for as long as it may last, and everything is in God's hands.

Ah, the lessons of our parents bubbling up as an subterranean spring...dear Radharani stay just as you are, purring like a well fed kitten. I will keep you and your husband in my heart and my samyama!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  8:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, my dear friends! I am so very grateful for the wonderful sangha that we have here. Much Love to you!!
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  04:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radharani. Keeping you and yours in my prayers (aka samyama ).
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2014 :  9:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW. I am totally blown away and humbled. A person whom apparently I met here at AYP, although I cannot find their name in the Members list, has sent a very generous donation which will enable me to re-pay "Peter" [credit], whom I robbed to pay "Paul" [mortgage] for November, and also make the December payment on Lothlorien House! It couldn't have been more timely, as "Peter" needed to be paid back TOMORROW, and my new job won't start until some time in December. again, wow. At first I was reluctant to accept the gift, but then this kind benefactor pointed out, "Who is the Giver? and Who is the Receiver? Is it not the Hand of the Lord in all these?" true... My sincerest thanks to the Giver.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  01:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
update: Today I FINALLY began my new job with the Very Famous Psychic Company which can't be named for contractual reasons, yay! My first day has gone extremely well, the call volume is good, and it's just in the nick of time to be able to pay the mortgage next month. Oh, BTW, did I mention: My wonderful tenants haven't been able to pay rent since losing their job in mid-October. They also haven't been able to clean for some reason. So now the trailer is completely trashed again, even WORSE than it was when the teenage stepson lived there! hard to believe. and I have asked them to move out by the 1st. I am thinking about selling that part of the property because of the geological instability and sinkholes... Meanwhile, my husband got "Obamacare" and should be able to have his surgery next month. Very thankful for all our blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  4:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep on smiling "As The World Turns"...happy holidays to you!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  10:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Keep on smiling "As The World Turns"...happy holidays to you!

Same to you, dear!

I am working on the new psychic line again today and it is going great. I can't even believe how many calls I am getting! SOOO thankful.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  01:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, "As The World Turns," indeed! So here is the latest amazing episode: As mentioned above, my new job is going GREAT! I mean, certainly I would rather be a practicing psychologist for $100+/hour than reading Tarot cards for about $15/hour, but since that is not possible due to state licensing restrictions, I am very happy to have this opportunity to use my psychology education to help people. And, in our little impoverished redneck area, $15 is actually considered quite good; most of the jobs here are minimum-wage, so again I am VERY thankful! Plus I won't have to commute into town.

However, in the few months that passed after I was given the contract, prior to the position actually opening up, we had fallen deeper into debt, in part because our tenant had lost her job and couldn't pay rent. I really did NOT want to throw her and her adorable little son out on the street during the holidays, but I desperately needed income from the trailer - whether to rent out, or to sell, but either way I couldn't really afford to have them living there for free. I had told them they needed to be out by the 1st. Well, the same day I began my new job, Dec. 23, my tenant also found a great new job! But, it didn't actually start until this week. So we are both working towards our first month's paycheck. Meanwhile the tenant had lost her car insurance due to nonpayment and subsequently her driver's license as a result. She was driving home the other day and her car suddenly conked out just a few blocks away; a policeman stopped to help her push the car over to the side. He was almost ready to drive off when he came back and said, "I see that your license is suspended due to lack of insurance?" She burst into tears and he said, "Well technically I should take you down to the station, but since you are having such a hard time with your car being broken down and everything, I will let you go, but you MUST get your insurance a.s.a.p.!" Thank goodness he let her off! But now she has to purchase new insurance AND pay for car repairs - which will probably take her first paycheck.

Now, my husband FINALLY has health insurance ("Obamacare"), thank God, and he saw the surgeon today. The surgeon said the hernia he acquired at work but which was not covered by Workers' Compensation due to a loophole in FL law, is now life-threatening and he needs surgery immediately. He said, "You waited too long!" but my husband explained that he didn't have insurance previously so he could not do anything about it until now. The surgeon scheduled him for surgery next Monday! (It's unusual to get a surgical appointment that quickly.) Husband will be off work for at least a week, probably two.

So, we find ourselves still in an untenable financial situation for at least another month, especially with the ongoing repairs to the trailer and continued attempts to pacify the sinkhole before it swallows the trailer and other parts of the property. Well, when I got the mail today I had received another very generous donation from the same person who helped us a couple of months ago! This will definitely offset the lack of income from the tenant and husband's surgery. Just in the nick of time, once again! Wow. I am so humbled with gratitude at this person's kindness and generosity, not only in helping us to meet our immediate needs, but also, more importantly, to be able to keep the studio open for yoga students. I am looking forward to teaching again in the near future. We will use part of the donation to "tithe," i.e. contribute to charities that we support when we are able, such as the local homeless shelter. Very, very grateful indeed!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  07:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thoughts, prayers, samyama coming your way!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  09:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So touched by your post Radharani. It's wonderful to hear of kindness and generosity, yours to your tenants, as well as your donor's charity.
I'm sending love and prayers your way too
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  1:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like things are truckin' along!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  11:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  11:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quick update: Need to be "quick" because my new job is going GREAT and the calls have been virtually non-stop! Today I am being "Featured" (special promotion) for the second time and I haven't even been there 90 days yet. Last week I came within one hour of reaching the threshold of talk-time required for a raise, and I hope to be there soon. Like I said above, I'd rather make a living in my profession, but since that's not possible, this is a great alternative and I am now actually making WAY more money doing this, than I could at a "real job" in town! I am SO thankful. Now today, as much as I love my job, I'm actually looking forward to being DONE for the night because my throat is getting sore and voice is wearing out. I have tomorrow and Monday off and plan to do some gardening. Thanks again to all my friends for your encouragement!!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  02:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  07:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  01:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well my dear friends, I have not been on this forum much for quite some time, and for a good reason: My job/contract with the Famous Psychic Line has been VERY busy! Since it began last December, I've received several promotions and raises, and to my great surprise and humble amazement, have quickly risen to near the top of the list and have so many clients calling that I barely have time to take a break to pee in between calls. I am truly blown away by this unexpected success. It's hard to believe, at age 52, I can FINALLY say, "I LOVE my job!" something I always thought was darn near impossible. It's almost too good to be true. I love the company, I love my clients, and I feel really good about being able to help them. I set my own schedule so I can still teach yoga on the side. And the icing on the cake is that with the raises I am now actually making pretty good money, especially relative to the jobs available in this little town.

The only problem now is I have to figure out a way to pay my taxes, being an independent contractor - I had not anticipated the huge jump in percentage when you go from "poverty level" to "just barely middle class" (which is, nonetheless, a lot of money to me!). It is ironic because now I can finally pay the mortgage, but if I can't pay the taxes, the government will take my house anyway. "They get you coming and going." But, I don't want to get political here...

Anyway, I am SO grateful for this wonderful opportunity AND for all the support and encouragement from you, my dears! I don't think I would have had the courage to go for this position, to believe that I could do it, without your help. Thank God for the sangha.

Also of interest, and very pertinent to AYP, there is absolutely no question that the ability to successfully do my job as a "psychic" is enabled by my yoga practice. I've been extremely busy with renovations on the trailer subsequent to evicting the Tenants From Hell (Lucifer had thrown them out because they were too messy for hell, a horror story for another time!) and putting in lots of hours on the Psychic Line, as well as my vegetable garden, so I admit there have been days when I don't get to devote as much time as I'd like to my practice. While Divine Grace gets me through those days and allows me to fulfill my duty to the clients, the fact is I feel a huge difference in the energy, I lack confidence, and it's somewhat difficult and draining to do my job. Whereas, on the days that I do make time for my full yoga practice, I totally feel my oneness with the Source, get out of my own way and just be a clear channel for Divine Love and Wisdom to effortlessly flow through me to the clients. So even though it sometimes feels a bit "indulgent" to enjoy a nice long ecstatic yoga session, in reality it is necessary and beneficial to my ability to help others. Funny how that works, huh?!

So I don't have time to be on here much, but will try to drop by from time to time, and regardless, I keep you guys always close to my heart! And you are always welcome to contact me by email any time. LOVE!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  07:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you, Radharani, and so happy things have turned for the better! If you must work, there is nothing better than loving the job. Perhaps your tax situation will ease with an extra "Abundance" sutra (). As my practice has deepened, so has my belief in allowing and surrendering to "openness", yoga will assist in meeting all needs.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  07:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blessings to you. Thanks for the update
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  6:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've loved following your story.... Thanks for sharing it! And I'm so happy for you!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  7:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep on truckin', Radharani!
Go to Top of Page

Purohit

India
43 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  12:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Radharani,

NIce and refreshing to see your update as the first thing on a Monday Morning...

FILLS me with HOPE... as i too seek to claim " I LOVE MY JOB, MY WORK "

Amen..
Best Wishes..
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2015 :  04:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doing a "I am overjoyed at your good news" dance

Sey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000