New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Victor's post on long distance tantra has got me wondering....
Would anyone be interested in starting a long distance meditation group?

Of course we will have to pick a time that will work across time zones and countries.. but it is doable. We could maybe fix a time.. like 11.00-12.00 ET (DST) which would be 8.00-9.00 PT.. and would still be a decent time across the Atlantic.. maybe on a Sat or Sunday? If it is workable, maybe people who are a part of some long distance mediation group could walk us through what needs to be done..

What do you guys think about this?

Note: Please look at the topics Global Group Meditation, for further information on the AYP global group mediation and Global Group Samyama Healing for more details on group samyama.

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 30 2006 09:44:46 AM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  08:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to get in to that

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha! I could see it coming and I'm glad. That time could work well for me. i usually sit at about 9:30 am pacific time so that fits prfectly. Let me know
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  4:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great suggestion, Shanti

But enlighten me, please....what is PT, DST?

Is DST the same as GMT? /Greenich Mean time?

When I post this, it is 22.57 (10:57 p.m.) here in Norway (summertime).

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  5:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine.
If you go here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I am talking of ET.. Eastern time (east coast)in the US or PT pacific time (west coast).. daylight saving time(DST) also called Summer Time in many countries. Sorry..

So on this site.. I am talking of U.S.A. - New York.. you would be I guess Norway - Oslo ? There is a 6 hrs time diff.. so 9.00 am PT San Francisco time would be 12.00 PM NY time would be 6 pm your time.
Would you like to be a part of it.. if it does materialize?

PS: Actually Louis(Sparkle) did think about this idea even before the long distance tantra post.. so I guess I should give him the credit.. Thanks Louis..

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 28 2006 6:54:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  5:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to ask that question but I thought I would wait for someone else to so I wouldent feel ignorant

RICHARD

Edited by - Richard on Jun 28 2006 5:34:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  10:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It might be good to post it according to GMT. Daylight (summer time)makes it so confusing. Then everyone could calculate their own according to GMT. Each zone is GMT + or - so many hours, like GMT-7 for example.
I'd be into it if it fits my schedule! Hopefully somebody can figure out how we can know what day it is, as my saturday could be somebody else's friday, depending on the time of day. Alvin maybe??
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  01:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
good idea. i was thinking of starting a thread like this since long. lets fix time for just meditation so that ppl who do other AYP practices (mudras, bandhas, pranayama, samyama) can schedule it around that time. 8 am pacific time this saturday and sunday?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  02:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I'd love to be a part of this!
I'm sure it can be done.

quote:
I was going to ask that question but I thought I would wait for someone else to so I wouldent feel ignorant

Richard: "LOL" - well....you blew it, didn't you. Now it's all out in the open

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  02:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti!

Thanks for calculating the time difference

I'm no good at math.....

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  03:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to participate too. Thanks, Shweta! Shall we go with Near's time suggestion?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  04:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep....sounds good, Meg

....So....that would be about 5 PM for me....

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  04:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great to me, I'll be there

Shweta said:
quote:
PS: Actually Louis(Sparkle) did think about this idea even before the long distance tantra post.. so I guess I should give him the credit.. Thanks Louis..

We all know that ideas are ten a penny, its the person that translates them into something useful that makes the difference. Well done Shweta.

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  04:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In order to make it more effective I would guess we would have to have the list of people involved and if we did not know much about an individual, perhaps a post written by them that depicts their energy.

What would probably work best for me is that I would meet and greet the individuals in my mind as they come into my room, and we sit in that energetic embrace for the duration of the meditation. So if this works for other people we could all be in each others rooms at the same time.

I appreciate that everybody has their own ways of working, I would be interested in hearing other ideas.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  05:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

Great that you will join us

You know....for me it is very simple. I will just sit down at 5 pm and start meditating as usual. Just knowing that my friends all over the world will enter meditation is enough as an "intro". "Outside" the meditation it would of course be great to get to know the people in the group.

But - as you say - we all do it our own way. And that is perfectly fine.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  07:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,
A lot happens here overnight..

OK.. so 8.00 am Pacific time.. 11.00am Eastern time.. 4.00 pm Dublin time... 4pm UK time..5.00 pm Norway..
Lets just start off with Sunday... if that is OK with all of you. So we start on July second.

Ether.. I am bad with GMT.. so if you want to take over and let people know what 11.00 am eastern time would be in GMT, that would be great. I hope you can make it.. it will be 10am your time (I guess you knew that already ). Also, if Alvin does decide to join.. his time would be 11.00pm Hong Kong time.. on the same day.. sorry Alvin, I guess that is really late for you.

Thanks Meg, You being a part of this means a lot to me..

Victor, would this time .. 8.00 am.. work for you? Oh! before I forget... Thank You.. your post started this whole thing... Maybe your friend could join us too..

I like your idea Katrine.. " start meditating as usual. Just knowing that my friends all over the world will enter meditation is enough "..

So if this sounds about right we could do this.. I need everyone to agree on it, or if there are any other suggestions.. please do let us know...

Louis, do you need to know the people who are going to be there..I would like to keep it open for anyone.. esp. since we do have a lot of silent participants.. and some who may not want to let us know they would like to be a part of this.. but just drop in any way..
So do you want a list of names? How would you get their personal info? Actually during meditation... you could just connect mentally with Katrine.. and she will introduce you to the rest.. ummmm... maybe!!!

Thanks Near, I hope starting off with just Sundays is OK with you.. maybe if we all love it.. then we could do both Sat and Sunday later..

Thanks Richard...I hope 4.00pm will work for you..

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 29 2006 09:29:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  09:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great,Shanti

I'm in!

quote:
Actually during meditation... you could just connect mentally with Katrine.. and she will introduce you to the rest.. ummmm... maybe!!!

*LOL*
I am sorry....I am such a dimwit; connecting mentally with me would be a total waste of time...

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  1:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
will we have coffee and donuts afterwards?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  1:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I shall make a point of eating a jam donut afterwards

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  2:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's ok with me to keep it simple.

Shanti said:
quote:
So do you want a list of names? How would you get their personal info? Actually during meditation... you could just connect mentally with Katrine.. and she will introduce you to the rest.. ummmm... maybe!!!

Very simple, just take a post belonging to the person, that is reasonably inspiring, and tune into the energy of it - the personality is in there.

Roll on Sunday

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  2:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can do it this sunday. I usually practice later but lets give it a shot!
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  3:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes shanti, we could start out on sunday. Sounds exciting. :)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  9:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that sounds great. I think all your calculations are correct, except for me which would be 9am. I'm mountain daylight time. Good thing it's in the morning so we don't have to worry about what day it is. I think closer to noon, and Hong Kong is into the next day.
i'm glad you picked sunday as saturdays I'm busy at that time.
That world clock link you posted above is great.
The only snag will be when we go back to standard time in october.
Thanks Shanti! CU in etherspace sunday.
Oh wait; I should go to church instead so I won't go to hell when I die!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  9:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was one reason I did not want to do it on a Sunday.. Church... but no one complained.. Soooooooo...

I knew you were mountain time.. hummm..guess I had a senior moment..

>The only snag will be when we go back to standard time in october.
If we stick around for that long.. I will do the calculations again.. and I will get you right too the next time..
Yep see you in Etherspace.. or maybe Louis's mediation room..

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 29 2006 10:28:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there at 4pm UK time, I will start my practices about 20mins before so that the med starts at 4pm see you there

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I guess it is a go for Sunday July 2nd... 11.00 am eastern time (USA). We will do our 20 min meditation right?

Maybe after that we will take up Meg on her offer and meet at the forum for donuts and coffee, or maybe a cuppa tea and some biscuits..

Yogani, I know you will not meditate with us.. but if possible please be there with us in spirit (11.00 am Florida time ). This is the first time AYP across the world will be doing something together.. and your best wishes would be appreciated.

Everyone is welcome.. so even if you have not talked here.. you are still welcome to join us. Just look here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock then calculate the time difference between NY and your city/country... and then add/subtract it from 11.00 am. I hope others will make it too. The more the merrier.

For now, thank you Near, Meg, Richard, Louis, Victor, Sarah(?),Ether, Katrine for making this possible. See you guys on Sunday..
-Shweta

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 30 2006 11:03:49 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000