New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  04:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogesh

I am reading it as well, from the Initiation chapter it seems the I AM mantra is considered as the secret name of God as given in the Judaic/Christian tradition, the I AM Moses heard when he saw the Burning Bush on top of Mount Sinai.

yogesh

I'm glad that Yogani says the "i am" mantra in AYP is not related to any particular lineage, despite its use in a Christian context in the novel. The judeochristian tradition unfortunately has negative/ limiting associations for many of us which might interfere with spiritual progress. I mean, I love Jesus madly but even I find that lineage disturbing at times due to the fundie influence, and I can see how non-christians might find it a real turn-off.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  02:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished the book last night. What a SWEET novel!!! Reminds me of Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" in a way. I was halfway expecting them to eat John at the end.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Just wanted to say I am enjoying reading the discussion on the Secrets of Wilder here. Don't want to say too much about the story, because that is for each reader to experience and interpret for themselves. But I did want to mention that an objective in writing the novel was to inspire young Western readers, minus an Eastern cultural overlay. Hence, the spiritual knowledge is presented the way it is in the story, standing almost entirely on the ground of direct experience -- the discovery of causes and effects in practice.

Is it realistic? These days, there could be more than a few real John Wilders and Devi Durans out there. Whether there are or not, there is no doubt that the phenomenon of human spiritual transformation is real, and there are simple and effective means for cultivating it. If that comes across in the story, and the reader is inspired to look further into it, then the purpose is served. Hopefully it is a fun read as well.

Thank you for taking a look at the Secrets of Wilder, and wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

ddaniel

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished reading it.... all I can say is WOW!!

Thank you, yogani!
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  12:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, thank you, that was a great read indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

I mean, I love Jesus madly but even I find that lineage disturbing at times due to the fundie influence, and I can see how non-christians might find it a real turn-off.

Radha, thanks for including us in your thoughts. I can say for myself that was no turn-off - even nearly. Jesus is really lovable, and one can love him without having to be devoted to the church or so. Besides this goes well with western background of the novel and not endorsing any lineage.

Lots of love ...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  01:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

Yogani, thank you, that was a great read indeed.

quote:

I mean, I love Jesus madly but even I find that lineage disturbing at times due to the fundie influence, and I can see how non-christians might find it a real turn-off.

Radha, thanks for including us in your thoughts. I can say for myself that was no turn-off - even nearly. Jesus is really lovable, and one can love him without having to be devoted to the church or so. Besides this goes well with western background of the novel and not endorsing any lineage.

Lots of love ...

Yes, it works fine in the context of the NOVEL. I was saying I'm glad the judeochristian meaning is not emphasized in the LESSONS.

Lots of Love to you too!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  05:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am in ch.22 of this novel...OMG it is an ecstatic read...love it
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  05:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

Just wanted to say I am enjoying reading the discussion on the Secrets of Wilder here. Don't want to say too much about the story, because that is for each reader to experience and interpret for themselves. But I did want to mention that an objective in writing the novel was to inspire young Western readers, minus an Eastern cultural overlay. Hence, the spiritual knowledge is presented the way it is in the story, standing almost entirely on the ground of direct experience -- the discovery of causes and effects in practice.

Is it realistic? These days, there could be more than a few real John Wilders and Devi Durans out there. Whether there are or not, there is no doubt that the phenomenon of human spiritual transformation is real, and there are simple and effective means for cultivating it. If that comes across in the story, and the reader is inspired to look further into it, then the purpose is served. Hopefully it is a fun read as well.

Thank you for taking a look at the Secrets of Wilder, and wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Finished reading the book last night.. Read it in just 3 days. Hard to put this book down indeed; found myself flowing through the pages, immersed; I was perhaps a bit hypnotised even sometimes.. :)

quote:
Originally posted by yogani
Hopefully it is a fun read as well.

Oh yes; there were many
Also quite a few tears..

Yes, yogani, the purpose is served..
Thank you for writing this bhakti infused literary work :)
The Secrets of Wilder is the first book by yogani I'm reading. And it has motivated to read the other books soon also, starting with the Bhakti one. In The Secrets of Wilder it seems Bhakti is not self-paced at all, is it?; the intensity of it even being encouraged to cultivate?

The book also made me curious about the man (and woman!) behind John Wilder.... Some of the personal things, but especially also the extent to which the practices were self-induced and the extent to which some events in the book are metaphors. Has this been discussed somewhere on the forum?
I guess yogani is having some inside jokes about the intrigue of his anonymity and the extent of reality/fiction in the Secrets of Wilder.. Well, we wholeheartedly grant you the feelings and shrug with you :)

Lots of mystery, but one thing seems pretty clear here: this book is full of light and yogani had much fun writing it :)

Yogani, if you feel any inclination to reveal anything, please hesitate not! Thank you to your lovely wife, it seems she is forgotten on the forum, yet has been important in the coming of AYP..

Hope the leaving of the body is not for anytime soon, but let us know when you decide to reveal it all on the Hollywood/Bollywood show ;)

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 21 2013 06:53:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I´d like to have some clarifications about the secrets of wilder and AYP in general by Yogani(or by someone that knows him a little):
did Yogani learned first the Eastern traditions and then "re-created" the AYP system of practices in order to be more suitable to our western minds? or did he discovered all the practices first by the exploration of his own nervous system (like secrets of wilder suggests) and after he realised that the practices he discovered in fact existed already in the Eastern traditions since thousands of years?
my second question is if the supernatural experiences that are described in secrets of wilder are entirely fictional or is there some truth? if i had answers to these questions that are in my mind for some time now, I´d be glad...

Thank you Yogani for your huge contribution to make this world a better place.
PS:sorry about my bad English...

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Oct 06 2013 6:07:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  07:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

Hi,
I´d like to have some clarifications about the secrets of wilder and AYP in general by Yogani(or by someone that knows him a little):
did Yogani learned first the Eastern traditions and then "re-created" the AYP system of practices in order to be more suitable to our western minds? or did he discovered all the practices first by the exploration of his own nervous system (like secrets of wilder suggests) and after he realised that the practices he discovered in fact existed already in the Eastern traditions since thousands of years?
my second question is if the supernatural experiences that are described in secrets of wilder are entirely fictional or is there some truth? if i had answers to these questions that are in my mind for some time now, I´d be glad...

Thank you Yogani for your huge contribution to make this world a better place.
PS:sorry about my bad English...

Hi joao.jlgoncalves:

First came bhakti (spiritual desire), then came knowledge from multiple traditions and sources, leading to direct experience and the gradual integration of practical methods that eventually became AYP. It was a personal journey before it became a public one. Since then, AYP has become much more -- a compilation of the collective experiences of thousands of practitioners around the world engaged in self-directed cultivation of human spiritual transformation. And it continues...

The Secrets of Wilder was the first writing that flowed out from here, before there was any inkling that there would be an AYP. As mentioned in my post above, the novel was intended to reach a young western audience without eastern philosophical or cultural overlay. What was not known at the time was that the Secrets of Wilder would lead to much more writing, and interaction with many practitioners -- AYP. The whole thing has been a flow coming from within stillness.

Miracles are real, and in the novel it is a mixture of the real with the mythological. In reality, what many are finding is that everyday real miracles are much more interesting than the mythological ones, in that they naturally serve our practical needs from within stillness. And that is what life becomes for spiritual practitioners -- an ongoing miracle in ordinary ways as we learn to release intentions in stillness (samyama). It is one thing to read a dramatic story about a spiritual journey, and quite something else to live our own journey of awakening day by day. That is the real miracle. If the Secrets of Wilder provides a little inspiration for that, then I am very happy.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  10:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don´t believe: Yogani in person took the time to answer to me,
thank you for being like us: ordinary people(although i am quite convinced that you are an extraordinary one).

Thank you Yogani
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  02:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read SOW for the first time in 2012 and now i am rereading it cause translating it into arabic

there is a big difference about how i feel about this story in 2012 and now

in 2012, i found the story not really amazing, yet i was attracted to the chemistry between John and Devi.Most of my attention was on Devi cause she seems to similar to me in various aspects (family issues, physical aspect,the longing for a man)
As for John, well i did not feel anything about him
now,i find the story much more stronger. I dont care if it is a good novel anymore.I feel much more energy and ecstasy while reading it, sometimes in an overwhelming way.Energy symptoms follow like headache or the feel that i am about to overload , or pass out...but i am very wise in self pacing...self pacing is going great

i dont see myself much as Devi anymore.I feel she is still spirtually green somehow?!! also waitng for John to make a decision. Dont feel it is a relationship bewteen 2 equal partners.Although female energy is EVERYTHING, it can move mountains.Devi can be an independent being if she believes in Her potential as a female energy

what i am really attracted too is the ecstasy between them (which makes me almost faint) and mostly to this unfathomable unmoving silence of John.This silence is the big deal.This silence is the ogre that "eats" the energy so to speak.This silence is the core.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  9:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

and therefore the young Mr. Wilder was able to pull the entire advanced system out of his @ss without any reference to outside sources or existing yoga traditions.

Hahaha that made me laugh a lot Radharani.

I am about 30% of the way through it and I too really like it. I hope that it is largely fictional in terms of the speed, because John can give shaktipat spiritual transmission by tapping the breastbone of Devi, his brother, Luke, first thing out the gate. Both he and Devi expanded beyond their bodies on their very first I AM meditation. Etc.

I mean give me some hope that I am not THAT slow by comparison heh

I guess if we consider it condenses 40 years into 10 it makes more sense but even then it still feels FAST!

I really have no gripes, other than that I have a ton of work to do and cannot just read it all in one sitting the way I would like to!
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  07:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000