New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  11:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everybody,

I recently had the good fortune of meeting a Self-Realized Disciple of Mahavatar Babaji's disciple's disciple- A shy and unassuming person calling himself "M'. He is the author of a recently published book called " Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master". He is a Sufi Muslim by birth, born in Kerala.
When I told him I practice "Kriya Yoga", he said " excellent, but add on "Nabhi Kriya" to your routine".

Just a few months before, I had read Yogani's Navi Kriya lesson, and had added it on to my routine with significant effect !

Quite a coincidence. By the way, "M" does not call himself a Guru, but as every Spiritual Practitioner's "Friend".

Krish

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  6:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine krish, thank you for sharing this!

navi kriya while explained from the physical attributes is powerful, the intent within completes our journey as the awareness beyond the mind state that guides us as the guru. just above the navel, the 'navi' is the guru chakra. the intent of invoking the guru through the 'navi' guides our yogic journey with wisdom.

the inner mastery understands the fluidity to be spirit and beyond need of ego. 'm' blesses us all.

aum
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  10:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divine Nandhi,

Thanks for your clarification. I thought it was "Nabhi Kriya" for nabhi, the navel. I have not read about "navi" Guru.

By the way, I was not able to understand your last sentence, " the inner mastery understands........'. Could you kindly clarify. Also why do you think Swami "M" suggested I add on this ? I had not told him what stage I was in my practice (except my routine).

I am meeting him again in January, and I do plan to ask him, of course.
Also, in his book, when he was near the end of his training under "Babaji" his Guru, he says, he put a "helmet-like" device on his head, with some "electrodes" attached to his scalp, and did something. Would you be able to say what this was.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  8:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine krish,

in bengali 'v' is pronounced 'b'. hence the word nabhi.

when we say 'i' or are caught up in the 'i' navigation of the world as in attainment of name/fame/popularity, the flow of source is not as potent as it could be.

seek him as your guru and if in grace he accepts you, you are the guru.

blessed be your journey. thank you for sharing the sacred joys!

aum

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  03:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divine Nandhi,

Thanks again. I thought "nabhi" was also a sanskrit word for navel. If nabhi is a mispronunciation of 'navi", then it should have been 'nabi",for Bengalis, isn't it. Anyway you spell it, it is a potent kriya.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  04:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Yeah I really loved the expereince that you said to me krish but unfortunaely I couldnt meet him.

Its good to know direct disciple exists in this physcial world.You are blessed soul to meet him.

Namaste and Vanakkam Nandhiji.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  4:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

gratitude krish!
vannakam viji!

found this post on facebook today- this must be him.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/mahaa...323399696119

The founder – Sri M
From Vanchiyoor in Kerala to the Vyasa Cave in the Himalayas, Sri M’s journey epitomises a unique spiritual ‘rags to riches’ story one where sheer dedication, sincerity and single mindedness allows a young boy to evolve into a living yogi.
Born on November 6, 1948 in Trivandrum in the state of Kerala, Sri M seemed to be drawn irresistibly to what seemed an unusual preoccupation in one so young. From his very first distant interaction with a God absorbed swami to his constant fascination for the grace and mystique of stories of Sufi saints, Sri M was drawn to the ‘other’ and longed for a world of Himalayan heights.
At the age of nine, his inner transformation was sparked off by a visit from a yogi – his master Maheshwarnath Babaji who came all the way from the Himalayas to re-establish his past life connections with M. Even though the meeting was only for a few minutes, it paved the way for the definitive encounter with Babaji at the age of nineteen in the Himalayas, where M arrived after running away from home.
For the next ten years, M to all outward appearances a normal young boy, enjoying life’s experiences and school, was drawn towards esoteric and religious texts that fortuitously found their way to him, met with various holy men and sages in and around his locality; people who would appear to us to be strange and unusual but who seemed to have offered him glimpses of a spiritual reality, which he was already moving towards and enjoyed a nightly spontaneous meditation that offered him various spiritual experiences.
At nineteen, wise beyond his years and raring to go, he used money given to him for his college exam fees to set into motion his utmost desire to visit the Himalayan heights and to find himself a true guru – perhaps even the person who he met at the age of nine in his backyard.
On reaching Delhi, he lost no time in heading north to Haridwar, the gate way to Hari, diety in Badrinath and Hara, diety in Kedarnath. At Haridwar, with a new name and dressed as a typical jigyasu, he spent a couple of days visiting various temples, marvelling at the sadhus and seekers from the Vaishnavites with vertical stripes, shaktas with blood red tilaks and others with strange markings.
He then continued to Rishikesh on Bhagwan’s (God’s) train where he first goes to the Divine Life Society. Living at the Divine Life Society for a couple of weeks, he practised yoga, attended classes on the Upanishads and explored the various ashrams and caves around Rishikesh interacting with a slew of seemingly enlightened people always in search of a teacher.
Still seeking he decided to leave the foot hills behind and journey to Badrinath. Walking all 220 kilometres, he arrived in Badrinath after much hardship. After meeting the Ravalji who kindly advised him to return to his parents, disturbed but still determined to make a last ditch attempt to find his teacher, he sets out for Mana and the Vyasa Cave. Arriving at the cave of Vyasa one evening a couple of days later, his sheer determination is rewarded and his great and kind teacher – Babaji appeared and took him under his wings.
For the next three and a half years, M lived and travelled with his Master across the Himalayas, including various destinations off the beaten track. From his initiation into the Nath tradition, the awakening of his Kundalini fire, his arduous journey to Tholingmutt in Tibet and meeting the Grand Master – Sri Guru, his teacher gently guided him, preparing him for his life’s mission.
After his time in the Himalayas, Babaji asked M to go back to the plains and prepare for the mission. He is further instructed to undergo an extensive preparation that takes him from Kashmir to Kanyakumari where he familiarises himself with the various spiritual and religious traditions. He meets great souls like Neem Karoli Baba and learns from Laxman Joo and J.Krishnamurti.
Sri M received a green signal to commence his teaching phase some years after his master passed away and since 1998 he started off with his satsangs and the formation of the Satsang Foundation. He now travels extensively, quietly and steadily teaching and guiding people as per his Master’s instructions, who said “Quality, not quantity. Spiritual evolution is individual and cannot be a mass phenomenon. No meditation technique franchises can do much good. Each individual is special. No poster blitz and poster wars when your work starts.”
Two years ago, Sri M was instructed to write his auto biography. The book titled ‘Apprenticed to A Himalayan Master – A Yogi’s Autobiography’ (Come back to this link please) is a look at his fascinating journey and experiences in his own words.
When asked to comment on the spiritual evolution of a person and the path a person could possibly follow, Sri M says, “My Himalayan master taught me that spirituality was not to be advertised. And spiritual evolution does not happen like a big bang. It’s like the milky way. In my case, I was born into a non-Hindu family and at the age of nine someone picked me up and put me on the spiritual path.
Though, my parampara is kriya yoga I don’t think it suits all aspirants. I propound satsang even between two people. It cuts across barriers of caste and creed. Spiritual evolution is not diverse from regular living. Intervals of solitude are necessary but you cannot shut yourself totally. The world around you is your touchstone to spiritual practice.”
Equally at home in the religious teachings of most major religions, Sri M, who was born as Mumtaz Ali Khan, often says “Go to the core. Theories are of no use”
Sri M is married and has two children. He leads a simple life – teaching and heading the Satsang Foundation, a charitable concern promoting excellence in education. At present he lives in Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh, just three hours from Bangalore.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  01:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very inspiring ...thank you dear Nandhi
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  11:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read the autobiography - it's an excellent read of his inner journey.Also I resonate with his thought that intervals of solitude are required for spiritual aspirant - a short retreat away from world and then back into this worldly activities - a balance so to say.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  05:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish, Nandhi,
This is what Yogani has said in his lesson 275:

Navi means "navel," as in the belly button. Interestingly, it also means, "boat," which is where we get the English word "navy." In yoga, both meanings are used: 1) A practice involving the navel, and 2) A boat that carries us over the great sea of ignorance to enlightenment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally my sister met Sri M recently as well and I read bits from a book authored by him - Hindu aspect? - I forget the title. I only got a chance to read the introduction. Hope to read it all once my sister finishes reading it.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  10:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divine Nandhi, Maheshwari, chit-Ananda, & Mathurs,

I again had the opportunity to visit Swami "M" yesterday ! He has asked me to come again to his ashram on Feb 1, when he would demonstrate to me the correct way of performing "Kriya Pranayam" and "Nabhi Kriya", and also give me "Mantra Upadesam", in which he would give me a "secret" Beeja Mantra to chant, to speed up my Spiritual Evolution".

I am truly blessed I think ( like all the others in AYP, through which Yogani has shown us all the way). Also because of the association of great souls like Nandhi, and many other highly evolved souls with AYP.
I am still not able to get over the fact that a "Himalayan Yogi" like "M", who has actually seen Mahavatar Babaji, has agreed (without any fuss) to demonstrate the Kriya to me ! He says I should use the Nabhi Kriya to break the 3 Granthis.

Thank you Yogani once again ! And thank you Nandhi for sharing the post about "M".

Krish
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very good news...all the best
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  4:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine krish, you share the most sublime blessings for all of us here as in the grace of your beautiful journey. it is beautiful to be a part of your experience!:) the ultimate meeting to find the master with whom we reckon as the guru is one of the most important occasions of our life. certain that 'm' has much to multiply within you as alighting consciousness.

it was just sheer coincidence to stumble upon the article of the yogi 'm'.

gratitude divine maheswari for your sacred inspiration!:)

thank you all for this auspicious shared moment!

krish, we look forward to more of your post on this journey as you delve deeper through grace.

aum

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  11:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Divine Nandhi.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  11:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Krish,

Have a blessed journey!
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  07:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

I found this documentary of Sri M on his blog which has made its way into Spirit Enlightened Online Film Festival at Culture Unplugged.

Documentary link : http://www.cultureunplugged.com/doc...odern-Mystic–Sri-M-of-Madnapalle

Blog link : http://satsang-foundation.org/?p=5143

Pronams and love!
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  12:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Friends,

Atlast I too will be meeting Mr.M this feb as he is coming to dubai.

I am wholeheartedly waiting to meet him and it has 4 days retreat which he'll conduct for small no. of people ie around 50 people.

I am eagerly waiting to meet him and to learn whatever he has for me.

Love n Light

Looks like I am also involved with so many Gurus but the thirst hasn't subsided yet
Go to Top of Page

dashour

Indonesia
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit dashour's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to believe with all my heart that Babaji is real. But I have met so many liars along the way to finding out, and gurus that exaggerate their experience, that I don't know who to believe. And I don't know where to turn. I've asked Babaji a hundred times to come to me. That has not worked either.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  5:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What does it matter dashour...

if the Guru is in You

just try to go in.

Yogani is my favorite for summarizing the Way of Yoga...

the way of going in and finding the Guru and Babaji and everything you've ever looked for and then some.

Take care!

Edited by - BillinL.A. on Jun 07 2015 5:17:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  03:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou bill just the way i feel
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  10:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar ul islam!!!
Go to Top of Page

OSohamM

India
3 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  4:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aum!

I would like to meet him too. Does anyone know where to find him? Couple of above links are not working.

Thank you so much.

AUM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  6:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Latest I know he was undertaking the 5000 KM walk from Kanyakumari to Kashmir
http://walkofhope.in/category/the-w...hope-report/
Go to Top of Page

OSohamM

India
3 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  12:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@jusmail Thank you so much.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2016 :  3:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rick Archer will interview Sri M on the 27th of August: https://batgap.com/future-interview...-interviews/
It will also be available on youtube a few days after the interview.
Go to Top of Page

DPP

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  3:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Krish
I want to meet guru "M" how can I reach him. I am in USA but I will visit India in near future. I have desire to find a living discipal of maha avtar Babaji.
Is there any way I can communicate with him befor I visit to India by email or phone.
Your reponse will be appreciate.
DPP Dharmi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000