Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Healing -Energy work question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  03:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi !
Is there a healer/healers here ?

I have a question about energy work. When i was very young, 13-16 i was giving intuitive energy healing to my friends and family... after each session i felt energized.
Now i back to healing again. But now after i do a healing session i become VERY tired...
As far as i know, when you feel depleted after giving healing it means that you were using your own energy. And when you feel energized after giving healing it means that you use Universal energy...

Now it all came naturally to me before.. when i was young.. im wondering why it is not the same anymore... it's not like i did some special practices before that... nope...

Maybe it has to do something with the awakened kundalini ?

Thanks in advance,
Shimon.

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  06:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very interesting topic Shimon,

There was a time when I believed that I could send healings from afar, awhile after beginning AYP practice... I did a few healings but never got feedback so I don't know if it did anything.... anyway I still think that I can do it...

It is nice that you did it intuitively at a young age, that means that it is something innate in you, that you can do I think. Maybe now is a time of purification and balancing the kundalini so in my opinion maybe this has something to do with you feeling tired afterwards.

I do believe that the kundalini energy is itself a healing and expansive energy that purifies, so maybe if it flows freely then the healing would occur more naturally and not deplete energy?

Another thought I have is, maybe the healing you are doing now is great, but it is opening you inner energy channels, and the tiredness is a purification symptom..

just my 2 shequels
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  08:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  4:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shimon

Now it all came naturally to me before.. when i was young.. im wondering why it is not the same anymore... it's not like i did some special practices before that... nope...

Two things come to mind. One is what Yonatan has said... now as you are opening more, there is more energy flowing, more purification of your own system happening. This can drain you.
The other is... like you said, it came naturally to you... you let the healing happen, you did not try to heal, it just happened... now you are trying to heal... when you try to do something, you involve your mind and this can be very draining too. Become that child and let the healing just happen. We really cannot heal... the divine heals through us, we are just conduits through which healing flows... so just open and ask the energy to heal as is required. Don't try to control the healing or decide who should have it or how it should be administered. Ask the divine to guide and let it go.

One thing you can try after healing though, is to touch the ground with your hands and say, what is not mine, ground.

Hope some of this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  03:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti =)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with all above. Particularly important to have some "spiritual hygene" after healing. The grounding afterwards is very important.

I'm amazed that powerful healing can occur even though I'm not in balance myself. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the receiver. Seems to be a receipt that "my energy" is not a part of it whatsoever.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  3:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im kinda late on this, but... I am a Reiki healer. I find the trick is to have a really subtle/small intention, and to not want to heal different characteristics of the person you're healing. Cosmic energy is smart energy, it knows where to go. You should maybe take a Reiki healing course. Mine was pretty cool.

For a quick 15 minute healing(around 3 mins at every point); I start at the shoulders, then from the crown downwards covering all the chakras. From shoulders to the throat you stand behind the person, and from heart, all the way down, you sit beside the person... while they're sitting on a chair the whole time. And for sacral and root I just hover above the chakras.... The third eye's a little tricky to get. You put both your hands covering their eyes, and the thumbs meet at the third eye (again, done behind the person while they're sitting).

I have done some distant healing too, without really wanting to though (it has happened twice). I just relate to the person really well and in a positive way, and my third eye pours out a bit of a stream for them. Feels like peeing from your third eye hehehe.

Or... people around me, I sometimes just spontaneously heal them. I can see our auras kinda connect. I try not to use empath skills though since I feel it's a bit of an invasion of privacy... unless the person says otherwise; but seriously, it's not needed. You get to the point, with divine outpouring love, that you just handle all kinds of problems with one simple fact; that of unity :).

Edited by - Divineis on Oct 29 2011 3:42:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  08:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shimon, when I teach reiki one of the things I tell my students is to 'take yourself out of the picture' - in other words, adopt an attitude of surrender. The single intention that is made for any healing session is simply 'for this person's highest good' and then let go of any desired outcome.

You're quite right - if you're feeling depleted afterwards then you're using your own energy. Try surrendering any intent, and simply use your hands and give a treatment. If you're doing distant healing work, again, you don't require any other intent that 'for the person's highest good'.

It helps to remember that I'm simply a channel for reiki energy to flow through me - I'm not 'doing' anything

Just my 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shimon

But now after i do a healing session i become VERY tired...
As far as i know, when you feel depleted after giving healing it means that you were using your own energy. And when you feel energized after giving healing it means that you use Universal energy...

Hi Shimon, after I do Reiki I feel sleepy, drowsy and was also starting to worry that I"m healing with my own energy, but later discovered that my concentration and focus was so strong during Reiki that I was basically meditating and putting myself to sleep, lol and this was also confirmed in other ways.

Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem? Also, if you're doing Reiki have you been attuned?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000