Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 The journey...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  5:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night I was thinking of something.. last year.. I was focused on my destination.. there was nothing I wanted more. This year.. I still hope to reach my destination.. but, nobody ever told me that the journey itself would be so beautiful. There is no book I have read that tells you about the journey.. just the destination... This beautiful journey has its downs, but each down just opens a new door.. it is no longer a search for me.. I am no longer looking for an answer.. somehow I am at peace.. somehow I know I am at the right place.. with the right people.

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  12:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti - I too am a "destination" kinda gal; always moving toward a goal, and bored with the journey that gets me there. But the practices and in particular meditation have given me the ability to appreciate the journey and its nuances. There are SO many surprises along the way that I'm grateful for the slow unfolding of it all. Why rush toward the destination when the journey is so interesting? :)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  02:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The journey

I travel no more
Am home

Katrine 2006

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  10:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

Do you still meditate once you are home? Is there a need, is the energy now flowing through you unimpeded?

Can I give you anything in return for your wonderful insights?

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem

Do I meditate?

Every day. Twice. The ecstacy pulls me inwards all the time. If I meditate more than the alloted time, I would explode. My body is still not ready for this. When it is, it will just happen. It will not be my doing.

It is so easy to "slip out of Yoga". It takes practise - at least for me it does. I am not enlightened; I am just an ordinary woman in love with existence.

If the energy flows in me unimpeded?

Definitely not!!!
I am in a process of purification. Continuous purification.

You wrote:
quote:
Can I give you anything in return for your wonderful insights?

You give of yourself here all the time, Andrew. Because of you, insights arise in me. This alone is enough

I would like to meet you guys, though.
Maybe one day I will come to USA (or Canada or wherever....)

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  06:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure everyone would love to meet you too Katrine. I'm only in the UK so there is some hope there

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  11:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the journey. It's nice to be on the journey with you.

Hey folks, let's not forget that this was Shanti's post.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Mar 30 2006 11:47:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  12:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey David, its OK..it maybe my post.. but it is our journey..

And...Thanks for sharing the journey with me...

That's what makes it so beautiful.. having all of you around... it would have been a long lonely journey otherwise..

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 30 2006 2:02:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  7:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you imagine how scary some of this stuff would be if you didn't know it was a normal part of the path??
And that's not even counting premature kundalini hell.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  8:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether.. I cound not agree more.. If I was going through this stuff on my own, I may have quit by now...
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  8:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether and Shanti, it would be interesting to hear what stuff you find scary (other than possibly kundalini surges). I haven't had any scary experiences yet.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  07:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mean scary in the sense of horror movies. What I mean is every little thing that happens to us that we haven't learned from society as being a normal thing makes me wonder what's going on. You get several of those, and question if you're doing the right thing.
For instance all the posts I've seen of people wondering if certain sensations are a medical condition or not.
Also, I've had a lot of visions over the years, and have learned to just ignore them because they have no meaning. But here when someone else has similar ones, I can put a couple pieces of the puzzle together and it makes me feel like I'm going in the direction I want.
What I mean is I am quite different from most of the people I come in contact with most of the time. This forum makes me feel like I'm not so odd.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 31 2006 07:46:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  07:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand Ether. There are lots of different sensations and changes going on, and they change over time, some may be on the strange side, for example pressure in the head and energy movements in the third eye area and in the perineum etc. It's great to get confirmation here that they are all normal on the path.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  10:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Weaver.. by scary I did not mean stuff that is in horror movies .... and you are right most of the scary stuff was kundalini stuff... all the energy over loads, the visions, the vibrations in strange parts of the body, the heart palpitation, the jolts. Most of these things were stuff I had never heard of, so if it wasn't for Yogani and this forum, it would have been a long scary journey for me. It was one of my visions that got me to this web site, my vision had disgusted me so badly, I had stopped all my meditation for some time. I was looking for an explanation to this, when I found this site... Just reading about other peoples experiences and being able the share my experiences here without anybody over reacting to it or ignoring it has helped me understand myself and helped me in my journey..
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  6:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are all weird....Ha! just kiddin'
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2006 :  9:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Shanti and All...I'm often not sure if my humor making is taken well. Not trying to offend. My neck of woods seems also to be seriously lacking in fellow yogis, so this forum with you all provides some of that kind of friendship. My yoga is somewhat different than AYP, though not much really. Every path is solitary and unique in the end. To find God in the hearts of all and in every experience is my goal. It is some comfort for us to realize that some of our "scary stuff" leads to freedom. All the people who are lost to such a path live in the truly scary. May our blessings help us to release the chains that hold our neighbors. Peace, alan

Edited by - alan on Mar 31 2006 9:56:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2006 :  12:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If there's no bad reaction it's taken well!

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 01 2006 12:14:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  12:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Azaz
quote:
I'm only in the UK so there is some hope there

Yepp.....only takes some channel crossing

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  12:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SOMEDAY OVER THE RAINBOW I WILL FLY

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  10:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hey David, its OK..it maybe my post.. but it is our journey..

And...Thanks for sharing the journey with me...

That's what makes it so beautiful.. having all of you around... it would have been a long lonely journey otherwise..

What a beautiful thread ,Shanti.

I could'nt agree more
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000