Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Retreat Plan, Los Angeles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  4:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All,

If there is enough interest, then we can plan on having an AYP Retreat in the West in the Los Angeles, California area.

- Near

Edited by - nearoanoke on Jun 27 2011 1:54:23 PM

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  4:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely know a couple people (including myself) who would be interested
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  11:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near, I too am interested. I've sent you a private message
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  12:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

This is great, and it is time. California has the highest number of AYP readers in the USA, and at the moment we do not have a planning contact listed for LA, or anywhere in California. Would anyone here like to be listed on the contacts page to help get people together for retreats and other events? That is where it begins.

When a retreat is in planning, even without a final location or date, a discussion topic (like this one) should be started, and a tentative listing can be added to the retreats page (when region and tentative time frame are determined), with a link back to the specific retreat discussion topic. Once a tentative retreat gets listed, more expressions of interest will be likely, because the retreats page (and contacts page) are both linked in the top left border of every page of the AYP website and forums and are visible to the many who visit (about 12,000 people per month).

Many thanks for bringing this up, Near. It will lead to something.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  08:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is great Near!!!

Keep us updated on what the plans are. I am sure we can make it happen.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Yes, You can add my contact for the Los Angeles area. I have not done the organizing thing before but I think it will all come together once we start doing it

Sure Shanti, I will keep you all updated :)

Cosmic & faileforever, thanks for the interest. We can decide on the timing and plan and other details once we have more people come in.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

You can add my contact for the Los Angeles area.

Hi Near,
I have added you to the contact list. Please send me the email address you want me to add as your contact email.
Thanks

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9036
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  9:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. LA is a bit of a trip for me but you never know. Please list me for northern CA
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  08:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,
I have added you to the contact page.
I will need a contact email address from you. You can email it to me.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  4:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've updated the retreats page to add the retreat there

Scheduled Tentatively
Nov 4-6, 2011
Around Los Angeles area

Will update the location details here once available
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  4:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AWESOME
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  5:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near

A retreat in LA - that's great

Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:)
Go to Top of Page

Assorted Vibrations

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  7:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested and I believe I know at least one or two other people who may want to come as well.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That makes it about 8-9 people (including the retreat leaders) already. Keep them coming guys :)
Go to Top of Page

Bigmindme

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  03:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can list me as a contact. I am interested in helping to organize something.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  12:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All,

We have finalized the Serra Retreat Center as the Venue for our AYP retreat in the Los Angeles area. The dates will be Nov 18-20 weekend. Check out the link below for the place. It is located in a beautiful hilly area in Malibu within an hour drive from the LAX (Los Angeles) international airport

http://www.serraretreat.com/

I'll finalize the details and post them in a week or so.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  7:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  03:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's wonderful news Near

I am looking forward to meeting you all!
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  1:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Finally we are having our first retreat in the West! :)
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  11:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I might be in L.A on the 23rd June.

:)

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 21 2011 11:30:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  4:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
The retreat details have been finalized. Please look here for detials: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9957

Good job Near!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000