Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 What if 'the' was 'is' .....?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  12:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello folks,
Many of you are using the IAM mantra and are having good results.
Think about this....
What if, just if, Jesus was misquoted?

Jesus said " I AM the Truth the way and the life"

What if Jesus really said 'I AM is Truth ,the way and the life'

What if Jesus was that profound and knew of this 'way'. Lots of things would be different. I can see the scribe writing the dead sea scrolls and saying... ooops this guy must of made a mistake... the sentence structure is incorrect, let me adjust it so it sounds gramatically correct.

just a thought...but I bet this world would be different, eh?

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  12:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Frank, I think he could have been misquoted.
Or, he identified himself so much with I AM so it appeared right to him to say "I AM the truth".

Edited by - weaver on Mar 22 2006 12:14:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  10:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa

I know your post was serious, but I just couldn't help getting a chuckle thinking of that poor scribe who who made such a profound mistake! - Ouch. I sure would hate to be that guy!

Resuming serious mode - I do think that many parts of the Bible are misunderstood, mistranscribed, and especially misapplied today.

Hello M,
thanks for the note...yes, I could see him saying - oh boy, am I gonna catch it for this

But if this was the case, a whole lot of things line up for me a bit better. The whole notion of sacrifice becomes very very clear me.
Much of all the Rk Ved is based upon this principle of giving, sacrificing, and at the core of the explanation of creation and how one sustains life, the relationship between the familty of man and the laws of nature ( ~ deva's) in the universe.

This gets a bit esoteric so I will hold for a different time,yet is one of the most profound connections I have made between Christianity and Santana Dharma ( Hinduism ) and explaining Jesus' role e.g. how great he was ( as others in God Consciousness) and their profund connection to the fullness of creation in which they are the ultimate exponents.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa

I would love to hear more .....

Hello M,
Let me see if I can lay the foundation for this w/o getting too too esoteric.
This whole notion of sacrifice is so profound. Many see sacrifice as 'painful'. Yet there is another sacrifice , the one outlined in the Rk Veda - its called Yajna ( said yaag-ya) and is much more holistic - its of giving, offering in fullness.

For zillions of years people have been doing sacrifice as an outward gesture - called puja, homam, havan even mass for the Catholics. Each religion has a sacrifice , a mass, a puja, a yajya. Yet its outward. That is, offerings are given ( ghee for some, wine, unleavened bread, rice, water, etc). This outward offering is to be supplemented with an inward offer. That is, the outward offer is symbolic of the inward offer of the practitioner ( so ,let me add a new word, called yajamana, or the offerer, but more profoundly the one seeking Mosksa, enlightenment).

So , where the heck am I going with this? The first sacrifice, the most profound Yajya was that of HIM, the Supreme, some call Purusha, some call Vaishvanara , or Universal Divine, offered Himself ( His own Being) for the Universe i.e. world creation. Even by this offer, due to HIS greatness He is not used up; its said this whole creation is only 1/4 of His greatness. He was the first Yajya. Hence most, if not all of the Rk Veda then puts in context one's advancement, achievement, etc. in this plane of existence as an act of sacrifice, of giving. It is by this offering, that in return one wins HIS grace and it manifests in the sacrificer ( the yajamana). In the Bhagavad Gita ( which is the cream of the veda's), Krsna points out yajya as a way of sustaining the family of man, and the gods or the deva's from div, or light, some call the laws of nature. Both sustain each other by this yajna. This can be found in Chapt 3, if you care to read a bit about it.

So, lets leave it here, and see if you want to poke around with questions because the next part is the connection and juxtaposition applying this to Jesus, the lamb of God, and the message, teaching and symbols that were given not only in Christianity, but in santana dharma (I prefer the real name of Hinduism).

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Mar 26 2006 8:51:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000