Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Finding time to enjoy the beauties of this world
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  03:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This post is not about not-finding time to meditate. But in general, just wanted to get a perspective of work culture in the western countries(I am Indian by the way) and the change that takes place after one becomes a householder.

I had this question in mind since I was observing how people are working over-time(pre-dominantly computer engineers) compromising societal obligations and intimacy with their family.

I am wondering where all this rat-race and competitive culture is heading to in our generation?

Your thoughts and comments are welcome!!

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  10:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For ignorant people who passively float downstream, to the burnout syndrom.
For clever people, to job satisfaction from expertise, without paying attention to things like car brands or salary levels; detachment is the key to long-term survival in a competitive culture.
For wise people, to downshifting, yoga, and meditation before the age of 40
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  02:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear HathaTeacher
labeling people as ignorant ,clever and wise is not good....all these labels are created by the mind....the playful and tiring mind
"ignorant" and "clever" people need help because they are too much sucked in this so called life...keeping a compassionate attitude is far more helpful than keeping a superior "wise" attitude towards them....especially that before starting yoga we were exactly like them "ignorant" and "clever"
knowing that each one blossoms when his her time is right....[:) there is no age frame ..before and after 40....namaste
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  02:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear chit-ananda51
all this rat race because Maya is so strong...
just keep working on your awarness in the middle of that jungle...once you do that your inner peace will radiate and help your surroundings
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  12:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi maheswari : may your words come true.. I think HathaTeacher has applied some discretion, of course labeled.. but we can do them for granted as long as we are experiencing duality consciousness.. no harm to anyone. :D
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  12:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks HathaTeacher, that was insightful.. Sometimes I used to wonder what I will do if I get the whole day.. They are not always positive :D We learn most from the adverse circumstances. But to the common man who runs behind the mirage, life is a never ending pang of suffering and pleasure - both fleeting
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  05:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Chit & Maheswari,
I do agree it's more instructive to label paths and not people; someone giving me a label wouldn't really help me forward. That said, it's important to be aware of one's long-term direction. Earning and spending money just for the sake of earning and spending money clearly makes a vicious circle - neither clever nor wise.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000