New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  12:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH and all that have shared after the retreat. It is such a privilege to be given moments of your lives, and to witness the impact of the retreat. Thank you so much.

quote:
Insight: Every thought and action has a kernel of truth to it. At its deepest level, each action (literally everything I do) is love. On top of that tiny grain of real intention is mountains and mountains of bullsh*t. Several state of the art waste treatment facilities are going to be necessary to ever strip down all those layers and get in touch with the true action. But at least I know it's there.

Yes I can vouch for the power of seeing what is there. And yes - there is a lot to see. What we see is freed from being hidden drives leading to unconscious actions. That is why honesty is so crucial. And kindness towards oneself. Because it often hurts to see - when the context of it all is not an integrated fact. Only so much can be tolerated before imbalance creates inner turmoil that prolongs the suffering of identification. In my experience, the honest intention of seeing myself as I am is always enough. Layers do not need to be stripped down. Whatever is there will show itself when we are ready for it to be revealed. I spent so many years beating myself up with thoughts of "not being there", while all the time, this possibility of simply seeing what is here in this moment passed me by.

JDH - it is wonderful to hear of your newfound connection. Even if you feel yourself "close down" to the outer world, you - you as you are - have been found inside yourself. It is very visible in your sharing. It is very common to wish for the "love and the openness" once we have thoroughly tasted it.....it is all we long for isn't it....

But in the end, it all boils down to being enough just as we are. As long as the intention of opening and true action is there - even the word "connection" stops being valid. You are yourself then. This is always enough. From here life flows, opens and closes, gives and takes, cries and laughs. Loves and hates.

In order to see...light is needed. The potency of the seeing (light/awareness/inner silence) deepens along with our daily practices and engaged living.

Please give Bailey a hug. I still sense her - she is fine with herself, isn't she :)

I just got back from a dog sledding trip up in the very north of Norway (Kirkenes) and I met around 40 huskies up there. They all teach me the simple fact of honest living, devotion to their owners, sometimes a slave to their instincts, but still serving, being themselves in all their many humorous - and not so humorous ways - they are total in every engagement. This authenticity is what shines out.....this is the beauty in my eyes. We all carry this potential of being authentic.

When coupled with conscious bhakti and a willingness to look.......who knows what wonders can come of only one human being accepting and opening in allignment with the rythm of life.

Keep being kind to yourself Jeff.
All the best.
Go to Top of Page

anita

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  1:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that link! nice pics, thanks so much for thinking of making them to remember the experience by Pieter! Off to meditate....
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  11:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine. I'll stay light about it. It was great to see all that, the opening and the closing, in stark contrast. And now it will slowly unravel in action - as slowly as my resistance to change, and my unwillingness to look. Paradoxically, it's fear and resistance of my own potential. And so like you said, I must come to trust my own honesty.

"As the obstructions are gradually removed, the experience of pure bliss consciousness steadily rises. It is like watching a tree grow." - Yogani

Kripalu was just a springtime bloom on my branches. The seeds are planted. It'll all come to fruition in its own time.

And Bailey has been my new walk and talk partner for grounding since Kripalu. Not much of a talker, but boy is she a good walker.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  02:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  2:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH, make sure next time you teach me some doggy slang next time we meet:D Love dogs though I can't raise one here...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000