AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 The passing of a friend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday a friend died. When my thoughts turn to him there is such sorrow. I’m still crying on and off. My children are quiet and sad, my son sitting silently in his room. He really cared about Mike. He was a good man. Together he and I intervened in more than one teen suicide attempt. And he was there for me once when I really needed his help. His son lived with us for a year so he could stay in his same school. My heart is grieving for his son. He is so young to lose his father. Tears again, as I’m writing....

This morning I got out my AYP book and read what Yogani had said about reincarnation. I know that Mike has continued on since his passing and is probably resting and evaluating things somewhere, and will be born again to continue his spiritual growth. I know this. I know this. I know this. I know this. But my heart doesn’t feel this.

Kathy

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  1:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really sorry, Kathy.

I just read something that might help (sorry, I can't remember who actually wrote it): at no point on the spiritual path do we lose our human emotions. The enlightened person still feels sadness and grieving. The difference is that he does not suffer.

In other words: feel what there is to feel. Grieve what there is to grieve. Miss what there is to miss. Work through what there is to work through (and comfort those you're able to comfort). But no more. Grieve in the specific, but, then, resist the mind's inclination to expand to grieving (and other negativity) in the general.

That may not make much sense now, when you're surely overwhelmed with it all, but if you'll reconsider it after some time, perhaps it will.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 19 2006 3:38:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~

Hello Kathy,

The wise say, think of good thoughts (of him), they will be delivered to your friend. There is nothing more dear then a friend,
as the heart tugs of his passing.

What more can be said... we know we are all little divine beings on the earth, and time is just something to measure infinity against.

Think of good thoughts...both of you will benefit.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  5:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am so sorry Kathy. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. My prayers are with him, his family and you... Its never easy to loose someone close to you.. I am truely sorry..
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  7:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear of your loss Kathy, best wishes to you and your family through this difficult time.

Anthem
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  8:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kathy:

It has been said that every end is a beginning. Change is not easy, yet the river of life keeps flowing. The seasons go round and round. What can we do but go on? I hope you find comfort in the eternal flow, and in celebrating the precious blessings shared by your friend. May those special yesterdays become loving tomorrows. The gift of a life shared is eternal also. He is not gone -- only transformed, and in your heart for always.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  8:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, Melissa, Frank, Shanti and Anthem,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words and prayers. Melissa, he was in a great deal of pain and I know he is in a better place, preparing for his next journey.

Jim and Frank, you are both wise. I shall do as you suggest.

I think our thoughts do influence/create our reality, so I will try to focus on positive thoughts for him and his son and his son's best friend (my son). I need to get it together so I can help more... Today I was installed as secretary for the lodge and took a board position for a non-profit. Was alternately teary and composed through the afternoon. Was very thankful that the other officers and my lodge members were understanding and kind.

Thank you all for your kindness.

In Light and Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  1:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani. Everything you said is true. It does help to think of those we care about who have gone as only transformed, and busy with their new challenges preparing for their next incarnation.

Peace,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  4:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit late coming back on this one Kathy sorry about that

Please know my thoughts are with you.

Nothing stays the same everything is change nothing can be destroyed only changed and thats all thats happened to your friend.

Love and blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Richard. I'm feeling better, just very quiet. I'm thinking of Mike on his new journey now. You're right. Passing over is a transition, just a transition...

Light and love,
Kathy

Go to Top of Page

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  7:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kathy,

I am too late for this one but…

I am sure your friend has finished his life mission and now is doing something else.
You will see him again and again and you will feel the same trust, comfort, and passion.
I would celebrate the changes he has made in this universe.

Light and love +++ hugs
Maryam
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  8:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Maryam. I can drive by his road now without heaviness in my heart. His son and my son are both doing better. His son has moved into a new apartment close to campus to continue his studies... I like to think of Mike as starting a new journey now...feels better to think of it that way.

Light, life and Love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000