Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP retreat: Mensch Mill, PA, USA, Sept 16-18.2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  11:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
NOTE: Please Look here for details: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=9039#81631

Hi All,
Just to let you all know, that Mensch Mill has been booked for our Allentown retreat for the weekend of Sept 16th to 18th of 2011.
Please do mark your calendar!!!

We are still working out the details for this retreat and will announce it here as soon as we have things finalized.

Our previous retreat was a wonderful experience for many and we hope to make this one just as wonderful.

Thanks All!!!

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is a long time from now, but, I'm excited for it!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  5:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DansInEveryWay

this is a long time from now, but, I'm excited for it!

Yes, me too! It'll be so great to see you (and everyone) again
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  12:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Please join us for our second annual AYP weekend retreat in Allentown, PA during the weekend of Sept 16th to 18th, 2011 at Mensch Mill Conference & Retreat Center, located in the beautiful mountains of Berks County, Pennsylvania..
http://www.menschmill.org/confer.asp
86 Camp Mensch Mill Road
Alburtis, PA 18011, USA

Below are the details of the retreat.

Please contact me, Shanti, to register for the retreat and/or with any questions, concerns you may have. I would like to have a small scholarship fund in place this time, and although I will not have this till I get a few sign ups and/or a few donations, I do want all of you to keep this in mind, if you are tight on money, please do contact me, and I will see what I can do. If you have a few extra $$ to spare, please do consider sending it in with your payment and I can add it to the scholarship fund. A retreat experience has a huge impact on our spiritual path, and I would like to give this opportunity to as many as I can. So if I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.

• Date and Time: Sept 16th to 18th, 2011

• Location: Mensch Mill Conference & Retreat Center Alburtis, PA, USA

• Leaders: Shanti, Kirtanman, Carson

• Rates: $270 per person. Includes, boarding (2 nights), meals (6 meals + snacks) and retreat fees.

• Room Occupancy: 3 beds per room with attached private baths. (Boarding at Kline Lodge: http://www.menschmill.org/popup.asp...to=lodge.jpg and meeting at Kline Center http://www.menschmill.org/popup.asp...to=kline.jpg)

• We do have limited...
    Double occupancy : Total to be paid will be $620 for 2 (You will have to find someone who wants to share a room and the rate for double occupancy.)
    Private occupancy: Total cost will be $430.

• Payment, Cancellation and Refund: Payment has to be done in full upfront when you do the booking, and there will be no refunds after June 15th (The User Group (which would be us) is responsible for all contracted facility charges not canceled 90 days prior to arrival.).
    Note: If 2 or more people sign up together, you can take $10 off per person. So if 2 people pay together you can take $20 off the total paid and if 3 sign up at once (make one payment for 3 people) you can take $30 off the total.

• Accommodation before and after the retreat days: Depending on how many people do stay Thursday and Sunday night, I will contact Best Western and see if I can get a group rate for Thursday night and Sunday night. If you do plan on staying Thursday night or Sunday night, do let me know. I can even co-ordinate sharing rooms and splitting the cost of rooms for the night if needed.
    I have also talked to the person in charge of Mensch Mill, and he has said he can give us the rooms for thursday night. The rate is $100 for the night, if there is more than one person staying the extra nights, the rate can be split between them.

• Getting to the Retreat Center:
    There are several ways to get to the retreat center.

You can fly into Philadelphia PA or Lehigh Valley PA or Newark New Jersey OR JFK New York.

From Philly: You will need a car rental. It is an 1 hr 20 min drive to the retreat center.

From Lehigh Valley Airport: It is about a 40 min drive to the retreat center. Let me know when you are going to be coming in, I can try and arrange for a ride for you if you don't want to rent a car.

From Newark NJ: You can either rent a car, the drive is about 2 hrs to the retreat center. Or you can take a bus to Bethlehem PA (there is one almost every 2 hours: Check the bus schedule: http://www.transbridgelines.com/sched_ny_west.htm Your starting point will be NEWARK AIRPORT NJ (T) All terminals and you will get off at BETHLEHEM, PA (F)TRANS-BRIDGE TERMINAL 2012 Industrial Drive (LVIP)) and let me know when you are coming in, and I will try and arrange for a ride for you if you don't want to rent a car.

From JFK NY : You can either rent a car, the drive is about 2 and half hours. You can also get a bus. There are only 2 buses than come directly from JFK to Bethlehem PA (Check the bus schedule: Transbridge bus services: http://www.transbridgelines.com/sched_ny_west.htm Your starting point will be NEW YORK Kennedy Airport(P) and you will get off at BETHLEHEM, PA (F)TRANS-BRIDGE TERMINAL 2012 Industrial Drive (LVIP)).

However, there is a bus almost every hour from Port Authority NY into Bethlehem PA(Check the bus schedule: Transbrigde Bus service: http://www.transbridgelines.com/sched_ny_west.htm Your starting point will be NEW YORK NY PABT (F) Gates 4, 6, 8, 10 and you will get off at BETHLEHEM, PA (F)TRANS-BRIDGE TERMINAL 2012 Industrial Drive (LVIP)

Beiber Bus Service : http://www.biebertourways.com/sched...C.100109.pdf . Your starting point will be NYC Gates 19, 21(PABT), you will get off at Wescosville).

Driving (all approx):

Baltimore Maryland : 2 hr drive
    Washington DC : 3 and 1/2 hr drive
    Delaware : 3 hrs
    Philadelphia : 1 and 1/2 hr
    New Jersey :1 1/2 hr
    New York: 2 1/2 hr
    Boston : 5 - 6 hrs

Here are the bus schedules.

From New York and New Jersey : Transbrigde Bus service: http://www.transbridgelines.com/sched_ny_west.htm

From New York: Beiber Bus Service : http://www.biebertourways.com/sched...C.100109.pdf

From Philadelphia PA: Beiber Bus services : http://www.biebertourways.com/sched...a.100109.pdf
  • Go to Top of Page

JuZen

Canada
    8 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  07:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit JuZen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    The retreat will begin at what time, friday? 10h, like last year?
    Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
    56 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  09:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Very much looking forward to it!
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  10:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    quote:
    Originally posted by JuZen

The retreat will begin at what time, friday? 10h, like last year?

Hi JuZen,
    Yes, at 10.30 am. We will get the place by 10.. so we can all check into our rooms and be at the meeting room by 10.30. That is the plan. It will be lovely to see you and Innercall again if you do make it.

WoodDragon... looking forward to sharing the retreat with you.
    Go to Top of Page

innercall

Canada
    66 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  7:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    We plan to be there.
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  8:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    That will be great Innercall. Looking forward to seeing both of you again.
    Go to Top of Page

JuZen

Canada
    8 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  8:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit JuZen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Oops...
    I wrote under the name of Innercall... Sorry for that!

The result is the same: We plan to be there!! Hihi!
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  8:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    ha ha... that is fine JuZen.
    Yes, the result is the same... and finally you are both one.
    Thank you.
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  5:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Hi All,
    Quick update, we have 18 people signed up already and 5 people who have said they want to be there, but have to work out some logistics before they can confirm.
    We have 5 rooms left that can hold up to 15 people (not counting the people who have not yet registered, if I count them, then I have only 3 rooms left). If we have any requests for double occupancy or private occupancy, then those numbers will reduce further. Double and single occupancy may not be available for much longer.

If you are thinking of attending this retreat, please do consider sending me a note so I can hold a place for you at the retreat.
    Looking forward to seeing all of you in Sept.
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  08:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Hi All,

We now have only 3 spots remaining at the Kline Center (the building I have booked for our retreat).

Once that is full and if we do get more participants, I can get another building where we can fit 8 to 12 people if needed. That building is available for that day.
    Go to Top of Page

Adriana

USA
    3 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  11:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Adriana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Dear Shanti,

I am going to the retreat as well. Could you please save me one of the remaining spots and give me instructions for payment?

Thank you, thank you! I am excited!!!

Adriana
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  12:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Thanks Adriana.
    I will send you the details in an email.
    Go to Top of Page

Darianne

USA
    5 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  8:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Hi Shanti, Is there still room? I am interested in coming.
    Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
    4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  8:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
    Hi Darianne,
    Yes, we do. I will email you the details.
    Thanks.
    Go to Top of Page
      Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
     New Topic  Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000