Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Sticking your feet in the ground?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  04:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there really benefit to sticking your bare feet in the ground (river or lake too) like a lot of people claim?

More and more am I seeing there is a lot we don't understand about nature.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  08:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It should give you awesome grounding! Some people have even gone so far as to bury themselves for long periods of time. What kind of claims have you heard from sticking your feet in the ground?
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  04:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

What kind of claims have you heard from sticking your feet in the ground?

Vibrations from the earth, energy. After directly experiencing that chakras are real, I'm much more open minded now.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  05:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Other than grounding, all I know is it feels great doing so

Best benefit I can think of

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  4:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try imagining pushing roots of yourself into the ground, this is great too.

Practicing cosmic sammyama can ground you too.

It kinda fixes you in your position on earth, in relation to the sun moon and universe :)

Joe
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  2:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome...awesome!!!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  2:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

Is there really benefit to sticking your bare feet in the ground (river or lake too) like a lot of people claim?

More and more am I seeing there is a lot we don't understand about nature.

yes, i like to bury my feet in the sand under the shallow water at the beach.. chills me right out
Go to Top of Page

Green-eyed-Lady

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  11:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently read a book called "Earthing" by Clinton Ober and a couple of doctors (you can find it with "Earthing" and/or Clinton Ober at Amazon). It includes a lot of research about how electricity in our homes, offices, etc. affects us, and how getting in touch with the earth (being grounded - connected to the earth (including sand, grass, dirt, cement, lakes/ponds, etc.) with bare feet, or by being connected to special grounding pads that are plugged into grounding sockets). The research seems to indicate that when we become grounded, our body discharges the excess positive electrons that can build up in our body, thereby reducing inflammation in the body, and bringing great health benefits. (If you read the reviews of the book on Amazon, you'll find some amazing stories). I'm normally pretty skeptical and hard to convince, but the book convinced me, and now my husband and I sleep grounded (via a special conductive pad on our bed, which is connected to a grounding rod outside our bedroom window) and I also have a grounding pad under my feet at my computer desk. I do believe it has helped reduce my pain levels from arthritis and related stuff, and my husband said he sleeps much better, feels more refreshed in the morning, and he now rarely has to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. (something he used to do at least once every night, often twice) Whether it's real or placebo effect, I'm not sure, but it does seem to help, and the research seems convincing to me.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  04:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Green-Eyed,
welcome to the forums.
Amazing. Where I live, we've a lot of lakes etc., so I try to be at/in/on the water several times a week and it's a kick (although I'm not stuck in scenery ;-) On some hot summer mornings (very infrequent here) I even practiced my asanas at the water.

At night, I've an overlay mattress and a (winter) quilt filled with wool and peat-turf fibers to get a little earthing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000