Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 ayp emails found in junk folder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
maybe it has been discussed before, but still the issue has not been solved!

ruirib

316 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  5:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's up to you to configure your spam filter to avoid such a situation.
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  5:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This only happens when you let your awareness slip!. You could take this as a message.

Be vigilant, Be mindful, but the only true cure, is regular Deep Meditation, with SBP.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should regularly check your spam folder. My filter catches almost all spam, but once in a while it catches stuff I wanted.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  01:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear all
i am aware about my own junk folder!
the thing is, a few days ago, i have sent an email to an ayp friend here, and the mail was found - by 'mistake' - in the junk folder..
so i am talkin about the issue in general..
thought maybe it could be fixed from the website itself..

thank u
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then the problem seems to lie with your ayp friend's spam filter. If it was the site, they would never have received it at all.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  08:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BuddhiHermit

This only happens when you let your awareness slip!. You could take this as a message.

Be vigilant, Be mindful, but the only true cure, is regular Deep Meditation, with SBP.

Namaste

Honestly i can't understand and sorry for being blunt, but how does this reply fit here?!

I might be away for a couple of days so pardon my delay in replying in case it's needed.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

ruirib

316 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a matter of your friend adding your email address to the allowed senders list for whatever spam control he uses. There is not much that can be done from the site's side. Whenever I receive a site sent email, it goes right to my inbox.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the thing is all new emails (=sent for the first time) from ayp website to someone are found in the junk folder..
now i remember i did send mails to 1 or 2 members last year and got no reply..now i suspect it could be that they didn't even saw the email!
in some cases, i find it sad, as the email may be helpful (as the last one was..thank god)

love
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a problem with your own email server. If you don't know how to change the settings, contact the people who provide your email service. When you send an email through AYP there is a little box checked that sends a copy to yourself. This is probably the one that ends up in your junk folder because your email server is only letting you receive emails on a "white list". So the emails did get sent through AYP.
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  04:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

This is a problem with your own email server. If you don't know how to change the settings, contact the people who provide your email service. When you send an email through AYP there is a little box checked that sends a copy to yourself. This is probably the one that ends up in your junk folder because your email server is only letting you receive emails on a "white list". So the emails did get sent through AYP.

i have no problem with my own emails...i receive the copy of the email i sent from ayp website in my inbox, not junk. BUT the member i sent the email to got it in his junk..
anyway.. let this thread be a reminder for everybody to make sure they don't "miss" emails sent from ayp..

best
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I see - definitely not an AYP problem, but good thing for people to check.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000