New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  12:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, I have been researching online about a plant called Salvia Divinorum, it is supposed to be psychedelic drug used by Mazatec Shamans with no addictive properties whatsoever, Its effects can be very mild to extreme, the mild effects are feeling happy, laughter, and feelings of movement, and the extreme effects can be temporary loss of motor functions, hallucinations and out of body experiences.

I am about to do some research with this drug and I feel I would be the perfect test subject as I have very sensitive Kundalini, all my chakras are open and lotus shaped, not in spherical form which in my opinion is the hybrid stage when they are first maturing/activated.

I have read many experiences online from people who have used this drug, but so far I have not read anyone who has used this with active kundalini and given a detailed account of the experience.
I feel I could benefit from this plant as I think it is meant for spiritual reasons, even though most people that use it have done so for recreational purposes.

The plant is legal in most parts of the world, and comes in a variety of forms, mostly dry or fresh leaves, and extracts of varying strength, most common strenghts are 5x, 10x, 20x, the highest I have seen is 120x.

As I have a very low tolerance to drugs, (I used to smoke high doses of Cannabis daily but since my K awakening I take one puff on a joint and I feel like my Kundalini energy has turned into an electric shock, very uncomfortable so I have quit smoking that.) I have ordered a bag of 28grams of dry leaves, not the higher power extracts.

The method of intake will be smoking it in a joint. And if that fails to have an effect I will quid. (Get 5 to 10 leaves, roll it into a tube and chew on it for about 30 minutes, allowing the liquid to sit under the tongue and be absorbed into the body, this is how the shamans take this drug.) I will start with a low dose to see if it helps with calming the mind and if it is useful as a tool for mediation, I have a hyper active mind and would love to find a way to slow my thoughts down. Once I feel comfortable with the drug I will try a higher dose before going to sleep to see if it is a useful aid for inducing Astral Projection, Lucid Dreams and/or Out of Body experiences.

If anyone has had an experience of this drug please post here. I will update this topic as soon as I have carried out some tests, probably monday at the latest.

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have a hyper active mind and would love to find a way to slow my thoughts down

Consistent Mantra Meditation practice will have this effect, but rather than being temporary (a few minutes in the case of Salvia), it's effect is a more permanent calming. Not that I find Salvia is at all calming IME, like all hallucinogens it's more like a hyper-stimulant. As anyone who's ever tried to sleep whilst on LSD will no doubt know.

I've been down the hallucinogen road, ultimately you realise it leads nowhere. But I guess we all have to learn for ourselves through experience.

Edited by - gray on Nov 12 2010 08:22:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  08:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest, what will help you to calm the mind and find some stillness is daily meditation practice, but likely not any specific substance.

Astral projection, OOB, lucid dreams etc. are all nice, but they can as well be distractions from finding stillness / inner silence. AYP is not really about any of this, but about going beyond all this (beyond scenery) to the source of it all. Finding this is the source of peace, happiness in daily living :) It's up to you to make choices. Here at AYP it's about a very simple and powerful approach. I suggest you check the main lessons from the beginning :)

From what you write it seems that you should first stabilize yourself in stillness (via daily deep meditation). This is essential so that you don't get entangled further in the scenery (kundalini, sypmtoms of purification, OOB, etc.).

On the subject you are asking about - I have some experience with psychedelics and active kundalini. These "trips" lead to short term ecstasy in the body, like a super charged energetic state, they magnify any blocks I have in the energetic system. Furthermore, they tend to destabilize one in the daily practice. The use of such substances can have some advantage in early stages, like previews that there is "more".

Check Yoganis lesson on hallucinogens and Yoga if you want: http://www.aypsite.org/307.html

It's primarily about the background of all these experiences, not the experiences themselves.
Take care and meditate daily, if you are not :)
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  09:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio1987uk

I feel I could benefit from this plant as I think it is meant for spiritual reasons, even though most people that use it have done so for recreational purposes.

It is true that this plant is traditionally used for spiritual purposes, but either processed as a drink, or one chews on fresh leaves. When used in this way, one gets a insightful trip that lasts for a few hours and one often feels the presence of a benign female being.

Interestingly the Indians who have used this herb for centuries wouldn't even think of smoking it, because the plant is seen as the embodiment of the female version of God. Burning it would be a desecration.

Smoking Salvia was first tried in the 70's by American scientists. The effects are more potent this way, but also more uncomfortable, Moreover, people often describe feeling the presents of hostile entities.

I don't know if you have any experiences with psychedelics, but if you don't I would strongly advise you against smoking it. The effects will be very overwhelming, and often ons loses the sense of identity, so one thinks everything that happens is real. This can be immensely frighting. Always use it with a sober sitter who make sure you won't hurt yourself. This stuff is potent, and for al lot of people not in a pleasant way.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but safety always goes first. These are all general recommendations, I don't have any advice on using it while Kundalini is active.

Take care!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  10:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scorpio and All

Salvia is a very difficult plant to work with when it is smoked. The duration (very short) and intensity/abruptness of the trip make it next to impossible to do any sort of spiritual inquiry on this drug. If you want to use Salvia as an adjunct to your spiritual search I would HIGHLY recommend not smoking it, and buying a Salvinorin A tincture (Salvinorum A is the active ingredient in Salvia). Use the tincture sublingually (place a single drop of the tincture under your tongue) and give it about 10-15 minutes to work into your system. The result is a much longer and more "workable" trip, with the same degree of intensity you will get from smoking it.

I doubt you will have much luck (breaking through) using a quid of regular dried salvia leaves (not to mention the taste is so horrible you likely won't be able to keep it in your mouth long enough to get ANY effect). And FYI, if you choose to smoke it, don't use a joint. Salvinorum A metabolizes in the body extremely quickly (hence the short duration of a trip) and if you smoke a joint you will never "break through"....especially using regular dried leaves and not an extract. Use a bong if you are going to smoke it, hold the smoke in as long as possible (the smoke is not harsh at all so this is very easy...it is like smoking air), and continue to smoke until you can't anymore. This is the only way to actually get a taste for the full experience when using regular leaves via the smoking method. Make sure you have a "trip sitter" as well. Seriously.

About doing Salvia with an active kundalini.....I wouldn't recommend it. Actually, I wouldn't recommend using salvia WITHOUT an active kundalini! Hahaha It's a very difficult drug to work with. Personally I find much more value in a well timed, well intentioned mushroom trip. And for what it's worth, I've had the same experience with marijuana as you. Smoked chronically for well over a decade....can't even have one hoot anymore without it sending the kundalini into complete overdrive.....sunburn from the inside

Good luck and be safe!

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for the replies, well I tried salvia on friday and I had a totally different experience to what others have given.

Around 2.30pm I rolled 2 Salvia joints and smoked them, I felt a mild buzz similar to smoking Cannabis before I had Kundalini, I felt extremely tired after that and went to sleep for what I thought would be a short nap. I was totally knocked out and awoke the next day at 3pm!!! yes I had slept 25 hours of good restfull sleep :) I have suffered from insomnia since I was a child and it takes me about 5 hours of lying in bed just to fall asleep, I was incredibly happy with the results and I belive I have found a cure to my problem.
Much more effective than any sleeping pill I have ever taken.

I am going to smoke just one joint tonight and hope I can wake up early in the morning, I am really pleased even if I did not have a spiritual experience.

I think I will just practice heavy meditation to have a spiritual encounter instead of doing drugs from now on.

However when I was asleep for the 25 hours I had a few dreams and I managed to remember some of them when I woke up, ive been able to analyze them and found out a lot about my personality problems, it turns out I am very selfish and self-centered if my unconscious mind is anything like my waking personality.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  7:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes i have trouble sleeping too.

There is an over the counter sleeping pill that works extremely well for me, while none of the others do anything at all. Look for a non-prescription sleeping pill that has Doxylamine Succinate, 25 mg. I only take 1/3 of a pill and it works very well.
It takes effect in one hour, and you have to be quiet, sitting or lying down. If you are active it won't work at all.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  11:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Salvia is intensely psychadelic and not useful at all for "calming the mind." The reason it had little effect on you is your chosen method of use. The active ingredients in salvia vaporize at a very high temperature; much higher than can be achieved by smoking it in a joint. This is why it was ineffective. You need to apply a direct, constant flame from a powerful lighter to effeciently vaporize the active ingredients.

Trust me, you would know if you had gotten a sufficient dose. A break through experience on Salvia is comparable in intensity to DMT.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  11:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, if you are interested in using something as an occasional sleep aid, I would recommend trying both Valerian root and melatonin. I don't really have problems sleeping, but I have used both in order to help myself get to sleep a little earlier than normal.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  04:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, to supplement Clear White Light's recommendation, may I suggest some lovely, warm, healthy, vibratory, organic, herbal tea. It soothes the nerves and helps unwind the tension...yes, indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have tried valerian root pills, it had no effect on me whatsoever, but this was before I had my Kundalini awakening, I will try it again I think see if it works this time.

I smoked another Salvia joint yesterday and again I had a good sleep, I think there are other chemicals in the Salvia plant which can be beneficial. I was reading online and a lot of scientists have mentioned that Salvia could be used as a potential cure to insonmia and also for headaches, migraines, Scyzophrenia, depression and other problems. I believe that there are many other uses for this wonderful plant other than for the hallucinegenic effects.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  2:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that it makes you sleep, Scorpio. I haven't heard of that reaction before.

quote:
Trust me, you would know if you had gotten a sufficient dose. A break through experience on Salvia is comparable in intensity to DMT.

Although I haven't tried an external source of DMT, I agree...a real salvia trip is very intense.
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  6:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I heard the pineal gland makes DMT, I had an experience once which I think was due to a lot of DMT being produced naturally. I was very paranoid one day when I had excess kundalini, I felt I was going to spontaneouly combust or something, I then closed my eyes and I was thinking of fire then I saw a flame in my minds eye, made of golden colour, then I thought of Buddha and I saw him too, also in a golden like colour.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This free book contains (what seems to me like) good info on naturally occurring DMT:

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_r...DarkRoom.pdf

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio1987uk

Hello all, I have been researching online about a plant called Salvia Divinorum

ah.. salvia!

quote:
it is supposed to be psychedelic drug used by Mazatec Shamans

true.. although i believe they chewed it (rather than smoking 20x concentrates)

quote:
with no addictive properties whatsoever

also true, lol.. once is often enough

quote:
Its effects can be very mild to extreme, the mild effects are feeling happy, laughter, and feelings of movement, and the extreme effects can be temporary loss of motor functions, hallucinations and out of body experiences.

salvia is a cruel drug.. in my experience at any rate

first the cold, oh so cold
then the slicing and dicing as your energy body gets sheared and spread
(it's a salvia night, the shear is on your right..)
3D objects pop-out, revealing 4D altered reality aspect
small marks on the wall turn into portals into which your essence gets dragged and merged

it's a lot of fun, lol

9/10 people agree, salvia is a mean drug.. just ask the guy behind the counter at your local head shop.. he either hasn't tried it yet, or will agree

good luck!

*editted by Mods for text color and formatting only*
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  6:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I tried it once, still have some and am not motivated to try it again after months. Complete change of reality, much movement, nausea for a long time. It wasn't fun.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  09:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link Scott. I just started reading it, but I feel like it explains a lot. Ever since my K awakening a few years back at night before I fall asleep I have what feel like lucid psychedelic trips similar to what people who have taken DMT often describe. Maybe my body is naturally producing DMT at night now.
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Guys, I have just had a breakthrough with Salvia that has changed my life forever, I have just smoked some 15x extract and I have reached the "breakthrough" membrane and come back. To be honest I got scared of crossing over, so I chose to open my eyes and come back, which is a good thing so now I can write about my experience because I have retained the memory as it only happened less than 5 minutes ago.

Ok here goes, I was lying in bed, listening to some chillout dubstep music, I loaded up my pipe with some 15x extract and took one hit. All I can say is WOW!!!! I saw the jewish symbol with the two triangles, but it was split in half, one triangle for each eye. I then closed my eyes and the two triangles formed the symbol. It then started rotating and it then turned into some kind of tunnel. I was being pulled into it, it felt like I was about to go through the wall behind me very slowly. I felt the presence of someone, I had a good feeling about this, but then I got scared because I remembered I am not pure enough and I could do some damage if I had a bad thought. After that I started calling out for my friend using my voice, I then realised I was at home all by myself LOL. (Deffinetly feels like theres someone there when you take Salvia.) I then tried to escape this "membrane", it felt like a warm blanket over me, as I tried to "pull it off" starting from my legs I started sweating instantly all over my body, I think this is because the "entity" has trouble putting you back in the physical quickly and that is one of the reasons I why I think people have a bad experience because they do not follow it through to the end. I am going to try again tonight but this time fully cross over. It felt truly natural and I get the feeling this is the perfect drug to do some serious Spiritual work. I retained full memory of the experience and felt truly alert shortly after, though I was talking to myself for about a minute trying to make sense of the situation.
So far it has been a beautiful experience beyond words. I was a bit scared to try it at first after seeing so many people say they have had a bad experience.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  12:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scorpio

In my experience with Salvia (which is quite extensive), there are "breakthroughs" and then there are BREAKTHROUGHS.

The sweating is common. I got that everytime I hit a certain "level" as well. Same with the sensation of feeling "pulled" in any specific direction. For me, I usually seem to be pulled backwards and/or downwards.

In the first level of "breathrough" there is some retained awareness of the fact that one has taken salvia. In the next level of breakthrough there is no awareness of taking salvia at all, there is just the salvia experience/trip. In the NEXT level of breakthrough you can live whole other lives (and I mean this literally) in the trip. Meaning, in the deepest levels of a salvia trip (deepest levels I have experienced anyways) you can be there for what seems like (upon "returning") an entire lifetime. In these trips I have lived whole other lives. From birth to death. In real time. These are the trips that make the salvia experience (IMO) hard to integrate once coming back to "this reality" (the non-salvia induced reality).

I'm glad you found your breakthrough experience helpful and enjoyable, I would just caution you to be careful.... you never know what you are going to get with Salvia.... ecstasy or terror... a trip or a whole new life.... there is a fine line for sure.

Good luck!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

seekingthelight

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  6:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit seekingthelight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,
I've heard on other forums about people living out entire lifetimes on salvia trips, and it makes me wonder whether a person could go completely insane something like that , e.g. an Inception-like symptom, where the wife thought she was still inside a dream when she woke up.
What are your thoughts on the likelihood of something like that happening? I personally haven't taken any psychedelics, but I'm humoring the idea of trying something in the next year or so, and I'm just wondering if insanity's a realistic possibility. You seem to be the most experienced person here, so I'm really curious about your thoughts on this.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  7:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The insanity is temporarily exactly as the trip. The trip itself has only a value if it leads you a practice that brings you the same + more permanently.

@Scorpio
your experience was a good beginners-experience.

According to Carson's list, some years ago I had a 2nd level breakthrough. The bed was talking with the music in the room in a language "I" could understand. Not that I was there, this communication alone was. Ater coming back, which was a very strange transition, a strong headache started. And the spine was burning like it was cut by a laser.

Salvia is not really useful, not even as a spiritual motivator. It is too short, too out of control merging with any random object + it can easily damage your nervous system. Sure, nothing is forever, but in the end you have to clean the substance out of the system aswell.

If you want to make it a spiritual trip that will give great insight into how your spiritual anatonmy is working and how you can reach the highest directly without any need of substances, then look for some magical funghis or the famous substance of A. Hoffmann and shortly before the peak of the trip practice pranayama + meditation.

Nothing much needed to add, it could be your last trip =P
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  8:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, I like psychedelics conversations. I know it doesn't work this way for everyone, but for me - they were like a "spiritual journey" button that I could press. Like getting a clear look "through the window" of obstructions at the sun shining in its glory. Of course the window slams shut afterwards. But it was an important stage in my journey.

Scorpio, Salvia is indeed a wild ride. I personally had no problems with it, although many of my friends had a high rate of 'bad trips' on it. For me, it was a silly place. Speaking in tongues, dancing, cool visuals, melting into nearby matter, stretching out the physical body infinitely. It can all be useful at certain times along the path. Just try not to get addicted to the psychedelic experience. It wears you out fast, and the returns are quickly diminishing.

Carson, I know what you're talking about with the multiple lives. I'm technically 27 years old, but if you add in my first mushroom trip, I'm 1027.

seekingthelight, yes - after the first time I lived a thousand years within a few regular hours, I basically did go crazy in the ensuing weeks and months as I tried to integrate the two realities into one self. Years later, I did end up OK.

Holy - I have a jar of shrooms in my closet, and I've been meaning to do that, but I don't know if I ever will. AYP is pretty good on its own. Marathon, not sprint.

P.S. seekingthelight, the odds of that happening are very related to the dose you take. From somebody who did dive in the deep end right away - if you are going to trip, I recommend taking a small dose to begin with.

Edited by - JDH on Dec 15 2010 8:13:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

seekingthelight

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit seekingthelight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JDH,

1000 years? That's nuts! Did it actually feel like you're living out all those years in real time as Carson mentioned? How did that life go? Was it fun? Tiring? Good or bad overall? Do you find yourself "wiser" after the trip - i.e. does it feel like you've gained 1000 years of life experience?
Did you know in that reality that you were just tripping?
I have so many questions... I find it so fascinating!

Stuff like that makes me wonder if I'm currently on some sort of acid trip and when I die it will just be hours later in my "real" reality. Who's to say that I am or I'm not...
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi seekingthelight and All
quote:
Originally posted by seekingthelight

Carson,
I've heard on other forums about people living out entire lifetimes on salvia trips, and it makes me wonder whether a person could go completely insane something like that

Sanity is relative. If there was only one person on Earth would it be possible for him/her to be insane? Nope. Gotta have something to compare your state of mind to in order to claim insanity/sanity. But from a perspective in which you believe it is possible to be sane or insane, yes, difficult trips can certainly cause a drastic switch in thinking patterns which to some (including the "tripper") could look/feel insane.

quote:

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of something like that happening?

I think it depends on the level of inner silence in the psychedelic voyager. With more inner silence, trips that "abruptly rip you away from 'conventional reality'" are easily seen for what they are, and the experience is quickly integrated. With very little inner silence it can be (but is not always) extremely difficult to see things from the perspective one had going into the trip. It's very individual...just like our spiritual journeys.

quote:

I personally haven't taken any psychedelics, but I'm humoring the idea of trying something in the next year or so, and I'm just wondering if insanity's a realistic possibility. You seem to be the most experienced person here, so I'm really curious about your thoughts on this.

I wouldn't start with Salvia that's for sure. If you do decide that you want a psychedelic adventure, I would suggest a low dose of psylocibin mushrooms (something like 1-1.5 grams of dried mushrooms) to test the waters with.

Do I think insanity is a realistic possibility? Sure. I have one friend who, after high school, went to Thailand for a while, ended up eating some hash at a music festival, and woke up in a Thai jail, charged with attempted murder and with full blown schizophrenia. He still has schizophrenia to this day (managed with medication). Sure, he is probably the best artist on the planet (IMO) right now and is a curator for a major museum, but he suffers because of his "disease." This friend was already a bit borderline schizophrenic before going to Thailand (IMO and the opinion of many others who knew him before and after), but his hashish trip definitely brought it out in full force for him. Everything happens for a reason, and he is where he needs to be, and in the state he needs to be, but there is obviously (IMO) some possibility that things will be much different post-trip then they were pre-trip.

For me, psychedelics are like pushing "restart" on reality. They force me into a different state of being and allow me the opportunity to inquire into the nature of "states of being" in general. I have always found them helpful, and still do, although I rarely use them anymore if at all. I also find that the most difficult trips are the most spiritually useful. If it's all light and fluffy I usually feel "unsuccessful." The light and fluffy trips don't seem to bring enough to the surface to inquire into, and that is why I use(d) psychedelics....to force myself into deep inquiry and to use that as an opportunity to grow in my daily life. They seem to be pretty effective for me in this way. But, as you've said, I have had an awful lot of experience and my experience is different from a lot of people who are not totally dedicated to spiritual growth and using drugs to further this. For them, the terrifying trips (which are generally what I go looking for with psychedelics) are simply terrifying and not "fun." For me, if I want to have fun, I go golfing. If I want to be forced to grow as a spiritual being, I may choose to eat a quarter ounce of mushrooms or inject a quarter gram of ketamine. At least that is how I used to be. Now, I don't find I need "forced inquiry" so much...there is already so much happening on a moment to moment basis that it isn't required anymore. All in all, I think the choice to use psychedelics is very personal and should be well thought through and well intentioned.

quote:

Did it actually feel like you're living out all those years in real time as Carson mentioned? How did that life go? Was it fun? Tiring? Good or bad overall? Do you find yourself "wiser" after the trip - i.e. does it feel like you've gained 1000 years of life experience?

I know these questions were directed to JDH, but if it's okay, I'd like to answer as well.

Yes, it feels like living a whole other life in real time. On many psychedelics time loses all meaning. One second or 10 years, it doesn't matter, all is now. This can be hard to explain accurately with words. But suffice it to say, yes, you can live a whole other life, in real time, in a salvia trip. Was it fun? Sometimes. Sometimes it was terrifying. Just like life not on salvia. Do I find myself wiser after a trip? On salvia, not generally. Usually with salvia I find that I am relieved that it is over. This, to me, is the only useful part of a salvia trip....it ending. The end of a salvia trip usually leaves me elated to be alive, in my body, and not tripping. On other pyschedelics (mushrooms, DMT, ketamine, mescaline, lsd, many of the pseudo legal phenethalymines and tryptamines, etc etc etc) I do find myself coming out of the trip with useful information about myself and what I need to work on next. Then there is an integration period.... this can be the most challenging part of the trip. Many people want to hold on to the state of being in the trip, but that isn't possible through drug use. They ALWAYS wear off. This is why I say that there needs to be proper intention when choosing to trip.... for me it was always an intention to try and peak behind the veil, glean what I could, and then try my best to integrate what was learned into daily life.

Hope this was helpful in some way. Best of luck to you.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  03:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well thank you everyone for the replies, I learned a lot about Salvia.
Well one thing is for sure, I will not be taking high doses, only 1 puff now and again, I also think this plant has a mind all of its own and needs to be treated with utmost respect, I think this is why people are having bad trips. I think I wil try again tonight, (I got too scared yesterday to try it again). Since this was my first time on psychedelics I think I should have chosen a more relaxed substance such as Mushrooms as some people pointed out... but I just cannot get hold of them where I live, plus I do not trust buying drugs of street dealers because I have the belief that these substances should be treated with respect to remove any negative energies. (example, if I was to smoke pot again I would grow my own plant and meditate with it as to build a relationship with it.) I sort of trust the Salvia I bought since it was picked by the Native people that grow Salvia and theres a good chance they paid proper respect to it. Still, I feel that smoking it is not the best way and it should be taken as a Natural Leaf, not an extract as it is way too powerful.
I heard Salvia has a reverse tolerance effect. (the more you use it the less you need.) I have some dried leaves with me so first I will try smoking them again to see if I can get a similar effect with a more stable dosage.
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  08:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, has anyone with a strong sacral chakra tried breaking through on Salvia? Im saying this because playing with the sexual energy in my sacral always brings me feelings of safety since I am very attached to my sacral and I hear a voice coming from it when it is active, it feels like I have someone with me, but I am worried it might offend the "entity" or "lady Salvia" I noticed you forget you have a physical body, but ive noticed you can still feel your chakras, so I thought it would be a good idea since ive read feeling safe and secure is the best way to avoid a bad trip.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000