New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I have posted the retreat schedule that was followed over the weekend here.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  2:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

The process of verbally communicating happened all throughout the weekend, but the real understanding and communication happened at the level of inner silence.

This actually says what I am trying to say so much better:

Out beyond ideas of rightdoing
and wrongdoing
There is a field.
I will meet you there.
~Rumi

The "field" of inner silence. I never did see these words like this before.
Go to Top of Page

DansInEveryWay

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

This might be premature to report, but upon coming home, relating to the people in my life has become much deeper already. My experience of Life is deeper. People are really beautiful, man! It's amazing.

you nailed it for me as well, cosmic.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  4:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! A journey with that specific Rumi poem began for me this past August when it was offered as a gift by a new friend. As with other friendships, my conversation with her has been deepened by the the retreat. You have shown me a whole new insight on the poem: Inner silence is a that "field" where we meet beyond our limited ideas of what is even possible.
Go to Top of Page

Rohini

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  6:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmmmmmm!! where do I start? I don't know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. Thank you Yogani, Shanti, Kirtanman, Carson and Katrine for all your love, support and guidance. Thank you everyone for all the love and sharing. We were together like one big family. I have no words to explain this hangover, this reminds me of Katrine's poem:

Just for a moment

It doesn’t matter how surrendered I think I am
All that matters is that I surrender Now
It doesn’t matter what I did yesterday
All that matters is that I act Now
It doesn’t matter if I didn’t love you yesterday
All that matters is that I am loving Now

One moment of absolute awareness
is undoing a million years of ignorance
Always

One moment is all it takes
I let go of all the moments I forgot to be
In this instant, I forget everything I am supposed to be
This is all it takes
One moment of absolute, limitless openness

This is always the power of Now:
No matter where you come from;
no matter where you are going;
no matter how far or short you have travelled;
your Life, your Love, your Sight and your Joy
lie within your very heart
It is never anywhere else
It is closer to you than a heartbeat
You are never apart from it

Just as the warmth of the sun is implicit,
so can water never be separated from its wetness,
nor you from me

We are always one
If you are frozen – even then, I am just hidden within
Any warmth will melt me into view
Any warmth
So be available!
Let my rays touch your face
If not yesterday – then Now
Any way will do
No matter how heavy your rucksack……
you can always take it off!

Pause for a moment

Please come sit with me
Just for a moment – stay!
Lay your head in my lap
Let us be silent together

Katrine, Shanti, Kirtanman, Carson and all my dear friends...I just surrendered .....complete surrender(in sanskrit-Sampoorna Saranagathi)

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  10:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to post an update on how things are going 3 days back from the retreat...

The first night I was back I was definitely still on cloud 9, but not quite in the "transcendent state" that I had experienced while we were on retreat. But that night I woke up shortly after falling asleep, and Silence was moving through my whole body, almost like it was doing a house cleaning through my whole body...very hard to describe but it was very powerful, and it definitely felt like the Silence and energy were radiating well beyond the body.

My meditation the next morning was uneventful, but when I got to work I very much had a strong feeling of the Silence, centered in the solar plexus...just radiating. My colleague (who is also very spiritually inclined) came in to hear how the retreat went and after talking for about 10 minutes, she looked at me and said "what are you doing to me?" I had no idea what she was talking about, but she described a feeling of lightness, tingling and coolness swirling in her solar plexus that started out small and got progressively bigger before subsiding...similar to what i was feeling. Interesting.

All of my subsequent meditations have been very, very deep. I've got the tingly minty feeling in my throat, extending down into my abdomen pretty consistently and the Silence is there in the background...not as pronounced, but still there more than its ever been in the past. I've also felt like in meditations I've got more of the Silence flowing in through the crown (even though I making a point of not focusing there), but I've had less of a feeling of pressure in the head, almost as if I've cleared a throat blockage and now the divine energy is able to flow down into the lower chakras more easily. Definitely feeling the energy more in the lower chakras than I ever have in the past, and with that has come increasing feelings of ecstasy.

So far, not overly emotional, except for the overwhelming feeling of love and connectedness with those around me and I feel like I've be calmer and more intuitive with the kids.

And I feel like divine love has been sparked in a way I haven't felt before...the bhakti is in high gear!!!

Thank you all for playing a part in the unfolding...

Much Love to You All
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  11:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Rohini, Devi, my sister...that poem makes my heart explode...thank you, thank you for sharing it

@Parallax...now I'm the envious one....I got mint envy Hahaha (inside joke, sorry everyone )

Figured I would give a bit of an update myself as to how things are going for me, 3 days post retreat.

I had a difficult time getting home from Newark which gave me an awesome opportunity to watch emotions/thoughts arising (emotions/thoughts like "I want to get home to my wife and daughter NOW!" and "I hate Air Canada!" ) but really, there was very little agitation. And being in the airport or on an airplane for basically 24 hours, with nothing to do, gave me lots of opportunity to just be with myself and be silent. It was actually quite nice, despite how badly the mind wanted to jump in and "take over." The mind was quietly watched and was not identified with much, if at all.

When I did finally get home the reunion with my family was ecstatic and a bit overwhelming....it was hard not to cry and gush and explode with love and devotion....wanting to share (words) was noticed, and dropped, as sharing of the Silence/Presence was infinitely more powerful then any words could have been.

And then, today, I went to work for the first time....had to miss a day due to my flight delays etc. When I got there I realized that no one had done anything while I was away, and that I had 4 days of "catch up" to do. Normally this would have also made the mind want to explode and take over, emotions boiling over and harsh words being said. This didn't happen at all. I just let go, did what I could, and things flowed more smoothly then I could have ever imagined. To add to this, I had a new AYP Level 1 class start this evening. These classes take a fair amount of preparation and I really didn't have the time I needed to get it all done as well as do my regular job. But I released the intention into Silence and it all happened, without any extraneous effort on my part.

Just before leaving work this afternoon I spent a little bit of time talking to Katrine on FB chat. This conversation really opened me up. I won't go into too much detail, but just talking to her online had my body filled with energetic heat (as opposed to physical heat) and had me going into overload. Katrine was kind enough to take some time to help me release the overload and soon my ajna, crown and heart were buzzing with energy...more then usually felt while sitting at my desk at work especially. The mind went completely silent and I fell into samadhi, resting in deep silence. I came home to Deanna (aka Luci, aka "the wife" ) and she noticed it right away. She said; "You're so.....quiet!" And indeed I was. I spent a few minutes finishing my prep for the class this evening, spent a couple of minutes connecting with some company that arrived, and then headed for the yoga room to do my practices.

Up until the retreat I had not been practicing samyama regularly, it was too powerful, pushed me into overload too easily, and I rarely was able to finish the sutras in less then 20 or 30 minutes. But during and since the retreat I have added it back in to my routine and have found myself finishing then sutras at exactly 10 minutes and have not felt overloaded from the practice at all. This afternoon's practices were especially wonderful and I felt very ready to being this next Level 1 class. I finished my practices, spent half an hour connecting with Amrita and then was off to the yoga studio.

Tonight's class was, well, perfect. I have all new students, none of which have been to any of my classes before, and several of whom have never even been into a yoga studio before. I love it when people come with a "beginner's mind"....they always seem to gain more for some reason. Anyways, the class was ultra smooth, the practices incredibly silent, and the response was beautiful. The whole lesson just flowed off of my tongue without any effort or thought required.

I can't thank each of you enough for what you brought to the table at the retreat. It really wouldn't have been the same without any single one of you. I feel deeply blessed to have connected with each person there, and I can't wait until we can do it again. And a special thanks to Katrine for taking the time to help me today....my whole head is buzzing just thinking of you.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  04:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'm so happy for you all! I hope that in the future, we'll have some of these retreats in Europe as well.
Go to Top of Page

Rattan

South Africa
41 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  05:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone. It took me a bit longer to get home, and after catching up on work this morning, the first time I get to read what you all have said about the retreat.

I do not have words. I can only say amen to all the comments you have already made about the retreat. It was truly an amazing experience for me too.

One of the things that I have experienced was this feeling of being "home". I have never before felt so welcomed and totally accepted in any other setting before. Everything said in the group discussions, and in private conversations, resonated deeply within me as "truth".

I took some photo's and short video of part of a group discussion that I want to put into a special private Blog of the event. Only those who attended will receive the blog's address. I want to ask anyone that have photos and video or sound recordings that I could perhaps also post there, to send to me.

Thanks again for everyone there, Shanti for inviting me and for Yogani who made eveything possible.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  12:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Tonight's class was, well, perfect. I have all new students, none of which have been to any of my classes before, and several of whom have never even been into a yoga studio before.

Sounds something like the jail yoga classes yesterday. The quality attention in the room, the eye contact, when I shared about the ayp retreat and the basics of "deep meditation" was palpable. I found myself discussing the options for coming back every day and helping create a kind of retreat. I also thought about what it would be like if our retreat was illegal and we were all put in jail together -- wouldn't that be great!

As we discussed over dinner one evening, part of the work there is gaining rapport with the guards, and yesterday might have been the best ever. One of the guards asked about what the yoga practices involve, and I quoted you, Carson, saying, "accept and relax." And that is when she opened up and said that her doctor had recommended yoga because she has been recently diagnosed with MS.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  12:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey bewell, hope you arewell

quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Sounds something like the jail yoga classes yesterday. The quality attention in the room, the eye contact, when I shared about the ayp retreat and the basics of "deep meditation" was palpable.

I too have found that the "quality of presence" has drastically increased since the retreat. Not only evident in my classes, but at home with "the wife and kids" and other relationships (like work ones) as well. I credit learning Insight Dialogue mostly for this, but obviously that is not the *only* reason things have become more "alive" with Presence.

quote:

I found myself discussing the options for coming back every day and helping create a kind of retreat. I also thought about what it would be like if our retreat was illegal and we were all put in jail together -- wouldn't that be great!

Never before have I thought of going to jail as "great", but there is a first time for everything.... I would indeed love to be "locked up" with all of you.

quote:

As we discussed over dinner one evening, part of the work there is gaining rapport with the guards, and yesterday might have been the best ever. One of the guards asked about what the yoga practices involve, and I quoted you, Carson, saying, "accept and relax." And that is when she opened up and said that her doctor had recommended yoga because she has been recently diagnosed with MS.

Awesome. Just. Awesome.
I'm sure that you are just the man for the job out there. May you continue to help spread the beauty of Inner Silence through your work.
Love you man

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Rattan

South Africa
41 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  09:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the participants have already seen this. But for others that wants to get a slight flavour of the retreat, have a look at this Photo Blog: http://aypretreat2010alburtis.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  10:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The asana pics are very funny =P 1-2 of them look like you were doing maha mudra, is it correct?

And yeah, who was the camera "man"? ^^ the one even witness to the practice phases =)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  11:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy

We were doing a bit of a combination between maha mudra and janu sirsasana. We would start with janu sirsasana and then finish with a short maha mudra. The cameraman was Rattan. Asanas were optional to participate in so not everyone was doing the asana portion of the practices. Everyone did the sitting practices though.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing the photos.
this may not make sense to anyone but me, but it is less stressful on my thinking seeing different faces...some that post here and went to the ayp retreat.
in my thinking sometimes it is like just one person as I read the posts...
I can laugh really at myself and see how incredibly off my thinking is...

also, everyone looks peaceful and accepting of what is from this perspective and the location looks beautiful and comfortable.

thanks for sharing..
sagebrush
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  9:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey All,

Regarding the retreat:

WOW was it Awesome --- and WOW was it unique, in my experience.

I'd like to add my whole-heart-felt gratitude to, and for, all who made the most wonderful retreat that I've ever been privileged to be a part of, possible.

Yogani, for starting it all.

Kami, for desiring-manifesting the retreat.

Shanti, for "infrastructuring like there's no tomorrow" (which, of course, there isn't .... ) -- as someone who pretty much continuously misplaces things (up to, and including, Carson and Cosmic .... ) - I stand in happy awe of the skill with which the well-oiled retreat machine hummed along in perfection -- allowing the rest of us to immerse and enjoy. Thank you, Shanti.

Carson, Shanti & Katrine for being the coolest, kindest, wisest, most present, most aware and most-loving session/discussion co-leaders I could have never-imagined.

Reading posts from the four of us, it may seem as though we have very different styles and views.

IRL (In Real Life) --- it was quite beautifully, harmoniously clear that we each and all simply express direct, ongoing experience of the Silence manifesting as Divine Love with the unique flavors that every "person" brings to any situation -- and -- at essence, we, and our ongoing experiencing, are consciously-presently One (with All).

Simply Put: the inherent and conscious wholeness, unity and harmony of our individual and collective experiencing was wonderfully clear, and helped to make all discussions "public and private" (we each had lots of 1:1 talks with various people) part of the "one beautiful taste" of the retreat.

Everyone got to see what "it" (whatever we may call the end-yet-never-ending result-cycling of ongoing practices-awakening-liberation-now) looks like --- manifesting in the form(s) of four people, from all over the planet, originally - with backgrounds, personalities and tendencies about as diverse as could be possible to find in any four people.

Awareness
Presence
Love
Happiness
Peace
Acceptance
Fun
Stillness
Silence

But only 24/7, and only in every possible situation.

Am I saying that Carson, Shanti, Katrine and I exemplified these things?

Not exactly; I'm saying that the willingness of life itself, opened the four of us, over time, so that the Silence and Loving could shine through as those qualities -- the qualities of the One that are equally available in-as us all, because at essence, "us all" is, of course, One.

Which brings me to:

All Participants:

Thank you all, so much, for your willingness to open to, and drop into, the Silence we each and all ever actually are now (whether Silent-Silence, or Silence-in-Motion, as form, sound, all-this) -- that willingness, combined with that ability -- is what created the beautiful, exceptionally powerful, shared experience of last weekend's retreat, for us all.

As Katrine said: outside of our sessions, there were no leaders.

And as I said in our last session:

Many feel that those of us who've been at this a while, and are living the benefits of the results of practices, view those who "haven't made it yet" in very specific ways -- acutely aware of "where they are" in relation to the "final goal", and so on -- when exactly the opposite is true:

We know and see that there are no levels; no such thing as "not making it yet", and we know and see the One shining through all of us, in and as regular life -- and we're living proof that everything promised in all the world's sacred teachings are equally and fully available for us all --- and that the realizations thereof don't preclude regular life --- they enhance, sanctify and beautify it.

This is because the "place we're in now" is nothing more nor less than simple reality -- that reality that we each and all ever actually are now, and which is simply veiled by the disturbances of limited-mind-dreaming -- and which is revealed by practices and continuous opening.

This is the beautiful reality of it all, that everyone there seemed to have (at least) glimpses of, over the course of the weekend -- and from where I stood, sat, laughed, etc.'d - many seemed to have a fair amount of true immersion in the easy flow of it all, as well.

We are all very much in this together; we all are this together.

The retreat was a weekend-long snapshot of what that can be like, for each and all of us, in experience, which some of us enjoyed in experience, and others enjoyed as a combination of observation and experience.

Every person there brought beautiful light and presence to the shared experience; I'm truly grateful to each of you, and truly enjoyed - and enjoy - "meeting and retreating" with each and all of you (and all, and each -- if you're reading this, you're part of it all, now. )

I've truly never experienced anything like it, in a group setting.

Awareness
Presence
Love
Happiness
Peace
Acceptance
Fun
Stillness
Silence

... not just from the four at-times-leaders --- but co-created as the AYP 2010 Retreat -- by, for and as each and all of us.

This is sometimes, when all goes well, exemplified by many (maybe) of the leaders/participants of a retreat --but I have never before seen it perfectly exemplified by all at-times-leaders and participants of a retreat -- especially not for the entire retreat.

WOW.

Good job, all --- and again:

Thank You, All.

_/\_

Someone commented that this retreat was "Real, genuine."

Yes.

Exactly.

No one with a fancy name, or followers --- no organizational structure; no doctrines, no formal teachings ---- just Silence, Bliss Consciousness and Outpouring of Divine Love --- outpouring as 22 friends, gathering for a weekend - and by letting Silence drive -- enjoying a miracle, together, as One.

A miracle that's as ongoing as we allow it to be, now.

A miracle than can manifest as each and all of us, now.

A miracle to which we are all always invited now.

The retreat has no limits in time.

The retreat has no limits in space.

Simply Put:

The Retreat Is In You.

_/\_

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- And thanks to all, who offered so many kind words, at so many times, and in so many ways ---- the honor, joy, privilege and fun was all ... well ... ours, actually.

"This simple creed of Love is all I follow."
~LIVE, Simple Creed

Edited by - Kirtanman on Oct 30 2010 11:01:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  03:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although I don’t think I can say anything that hasn’t already been said, I too want to express my appreciation to the presenters and to everyone with whom I had the privilege of sharing silence. I wish I could give an award to Shanti for the delicious Indian dinner she cooked for those of us who came in a day early and for her having thought of everything in organizing this event. We were well cared for. It was a truly wonderful experience and I am very happy to see the energy around having more of them!

American Baba
(Formerly R108)
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hahaha,

Richard nice!

I bow to the lotus feet of American Baba

quote:
Originally posted by American Baba

Although I don’t think I can say anything that hasn’t already been said, I too want to express my appreciation to the presenters and to everyone with whom I had the privilege of sharing silence. I wish I could give an award to Shanti for the delicious Indian dinner she cooked for those of us who came in a day early and for her having thought of everything in organizing this event. We were well cared for. It was a truly wonderful experience and I am very happy to see the energy around having more of them!

American Baba
(Formerly R108)

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  1:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

Reading posts from the four of us, it may seem as though we have very different styles and views.

IRL (In Real Life) --- it was quite beautifully, harmoniously clear that we each and all simply express direct, ongoing experience of the Silence manifesting as Divine Love with the unique flavors that every "person" brings to any situation -- and -- at essence, we, and our ongoing experiencing, are consciously-presently One (with All).

Everyone got to see what "it" (whatever we may call the end-yet-never-ending result-cycling of ongoing practices-awakening-liberation-now) looks like --- manifesting in the form(s) of four people, from all over the planet, originally - with backgrounds, personalities and tendencies about as diverse as could be possible to find in any four people.

Awareness
Presence
Love
Happiness
Peace
Acceptance
Fun
Stillness
Silence

But only 24/7, and only in every possible situation.

Am I saying that Carson, Shanti, Katrine and I exemplified these things?

Not exactly; I'm saying that the willingness of life itself, opened the four of us, over time, so that the Silence and Loving could shine through as those qualities -- the qualities of the One that are equally available in-as us all, because at essence, "us all" is, of course, One.

Which brings me to:

All Participants:

Thank you all, so much, for your willingness to open to, and drop into, the Silence we each and all ever actually are now (whether Silent-Silence, or Silence-in-Motion, as form, sound, all-this) -- that willingness, combined with that ability -- is what created the beautiful, exceptionally powerful, shared experience of last weekend's retreat, for us all.

This is because the "place we're in now" is nothing more nor less than simple reality -- that reality that we each and all ever actually are now, and which is simply veiled by the disturbances of limited-mind-dreaming -- and which is revealed by practices and continuous opening....

This is the beautiful reality of it all, that everyone there seemed to have (at least) glimpses of, over the course of the weekend -- and from where I stood, sat, laughed, etc.'d - many seemed to have a fair amount of true immersion in the easy flow of it all, as well.

We are all very much in this together; we all are this together.

The retreat was a weekend-long snapshot of what that can be like, for each and all of us, in experience,

A miracle than can manifest as each and all of us, now.

A miracle to which we are all always invited now.

So True!

Something happened to me outside the public library about a half hour ago that mirrors this truth.

I was waiting for the doors to open at 12 noon. Another person walked up, an African Amierican woman older than me. She was neatly, colorfully dressed. She talked loudly to strangers. It was a constant chatter. To one passing man she asked,"Do you think you are crazy?" And she kept talking. To a little child: "Oh you're eating a starburst. I don't eat those because I don't want to get cavities.

That is when I saw my in. It was clear to me that she was a heart reader. My clue was that although I almost never eat starburst candy, I had eaten one that morning that I found on the sidewalk, and as I was sucking I noticed anxiety about my dental health. So I could relate. I told her the story. She asked me how many cavities I had, and I told her. I asked how many she had and she told me.

I was voluntarily joining this woman in what must have been seen by others as a bit crazy. But I had a goal. Insight! There were pauses in the conversation.

During the next pause, she said, in a very loud voice, with a cry of pain: "I prayed to Jesus for a miracle and all I got was silence."

I looked in her longing eyes and I said, "there is silence and there is SILENCE. The second kind is a divine gift."

Then she started talking about the time her "heart exploded" and she thought she was really going to die. I told her I knew what that was like. She said it scared her so she did not like to remember it. I said I could related and I always knew I could return to the second kind of silence. I noticed a little gathering of about 10 people watching.

The doors opened and we went in, and she went her way and I went mine. Later we were in another line together and she ignored me. Not impolitely. She was in silence. I was intrigued by her as an individual, and thought I would like to talk with her more. I told her, "I am intrigued by you." She replied in a loud voice, "I'm intrigued by everybody... all people everywhere."

That is when she taught me to let go of that particular relationship and return to my silence.
I left the library in grateful tears of letting go.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  1:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful bewell

So great to have you posting here with some regularity again. You were missed

Love!
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  10:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"I bow to the lotus feet of American Baba"

...as American Baba bows to the Guru in You - Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  01:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bewell

This is another beautiful chapter in your neverending story

quote:

During the next pause, she said, in a very loud voice, with a cry of pain: "I prayed to Jesus for a miracle and all I got was silence."

I love this! I feel the same way, but without the pain. Silence is a miracle and a beautiful gift.

May all our hearts explode together in Love and Silence.

_/\_

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  06:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would have loved to have been there and if ever a retreat is held on the west coast please count me in!
Pa is not out of the question for me as I have family in Philadelphia but it does take time to plan a trip out there. I would love to meet all of you face to face sometime!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  07:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I would have loved to have been there and if ever a retreat is held on the west coast please count me in!
Pa is not out of the question for me as I have family in Philadelphia but it does take time to plan a trip out there. I would love to meet all of you face to face sometime!

Hi Victor:

Sooner or later we will be having AYP retreats on the west coast USA. We finally have planning contacts in SF, LA and Seattle, and someone just volunteered for Oregon. See the "Meditation Groups, Training & Retreats" link in the top left column of this page.

The Kripalu retreat in western Massachusetts next March will be a 5 day one (the biggest one yet), and would be worth the trip from the west coast. There is a link for it in the top left border here.

If you'd like to get involved in planning a retreat for the west coast USA, let me know via email. We now have the ability to provide leadership for AYP retreats (small or large) anywhere.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  09:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear All,

My Heartiest gratitude for such a wonderful gift of ecstatic inner silence! I would trade anthing for a similar experience again. I really feel very fortunate to be a part of the retreat and so early in my AYP journey. As Yogani says," Nothing will look the same after retreat". It is so true! I have to share my practice sessions have reached a new dimension and I don't have words to describe it.

I felt sheer joy being in "inside dialogue" with you all in so many different ways. Through those loving glances, giggles, laughs, chanting, crying and just the presence of each one of you.
And looks like we are having another one on 2nd weekend of Dec in NJ, if we have Shanti and Kirtanman to lead us.

Love & Peace,
Putity
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000