Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Avoiding Forum Confusion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  12:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The forums have been a real boon for collectively exploring the AYP practices, associated experiences, and a lot of other things.

Yet, some have come to the forums looking for a primary teaching and have been confused. No wonder. Everything in the realm of spiritual practices is being discussed here, and we are only getting started!

Below is an email interchange in part on the subject of the forums and how they relate to the AYP lessons. I think it is important for everyone to understand this relationship to avoid confusion.
--------------------

Q: I just want to let you know that my energy difficulties have subsided considerably ever since I took your advice and started a routine of daily physical exercise. But I will still go slow on pranayama for a month more till I get back to normal levels of silence in meditation as you have advised.

To tell you the truth, I am still finding the Forum a little difficult to understand. I mean, it's hard to see which topic is related to my question sometimes. Where can I start in the forum, since it is quite huge?

A: Glad to hear you are finding some stability. From there you can build up in an orderly step-by-step way.

Keep in mind that the forums are not intended to be the primary teaching tool. The AYP lessons and books are, and do answer many questions in a logical sequence. If we are grounded in the lessons as a foundation, then the forums will make much more sense and can add a lot of perspective to our path. Going into the forums to learn AYP or any particular practice from scratch is difficult, if not impossible. But as an interactive expansion on the AYP lessons that everyone can use, the forums are terrific.

Once you have been through the AYP lessons, if you are looking for an answer to a specific question, I suggest you search both the AYP lessons and the forums. Each has its own search function. The main website Topic Index is also a handy tool for finding information in the lessons. The AYP books are good for research too -- they go well beyond the online lessons and can be scribbled in and dog-eared to the n-th degree.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
-----------------------

PS -- Perhaps in a couple of years the best of the forums can be included as part of AYP Easy Lessons, Volume 2, for a permanent record and easier access to the information. Or maybe by then the forums will be worthy of their own volume. Of course, the copyrights of all contributors would be honored. Time will tell...

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PPS -- The thought occurred, if others write books that are within the realm of what we are doing here, it could be possible to publish them through AYP Publishing, which has distribution from the USA and UK.

But please don't send any manuscripts today. I have four books to finish this year!

Just some food for thought for those who feel they may have something of value to share along the lines of spiritual practice and experience -- cause and effect, you know. That is what we are into here.
Katrine?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  9:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Keep in mind that the forums are not intended to be the primary teaching tool.

One thing I might add ' reading does not insure comprehension ' - In my humble opinion, the AYP group could add clarity to an idea, discussion point or concept. This is not in contention to what Yogani is alluding to.
Many ask ' did you read such and such ...' and people answer yes. Yet we do not ask, did you comprehend such and such. This is where wisdom comes out , as does our doubts. Many are skilled on this forum with lots of info/knowledge. Its a good place to ask/doubt/inquire in the spirit of learning. Even offering up new ideas is a penchant of mine. I love to read what others think and ponder.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." A.Einstein

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  9:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good point Frank. Along the same line, I work with a guy who will ask me a question, then interrupt halfway through my answer to prove how quick he is at picking stuff up, and that "It's what he expected, he was just checking." Well, the fact is, he is not fully comprehending what I said, but he thinks he is.
So listening (or reading) is so important, even if it is something you fully understand, because tiny nuances in the other persons speech or writing can open up whole new meanings. people think I'm being anal but when someone uses words I don't expect, I ask questions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000