Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 libido loss from DM & SBP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DAMOMCK

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  02:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit DAMOMCK's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I thought this would be the most appropriate thread to post under. I've been doing DM and SBP twice daily for the last 9 months, and have noticed a drop in my libido over the last month or two. When I first began DM & SBP however, I noticed an increase in libido.

Now I am not sure if this is coincidental or if it is due to the meditation, but I was wondering if anyone else is aware of this happening? I haven't been too phased by it because I guess it is a good way to save the vital energies (since my current sexual practices haven't been tantric) however it is starting to affect my relationship because my girlfriend's libido is still sky high and is feeling abandoned. We were engaging in sexual practices maybe 5 times per week, but now it has dropped to once per week or so.

Anyone's input would be much appreciated.

Edited by - DAMOMCK on Aug 18 2010 02:04:37 AM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  06:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Damomck

I have also had a drop in my libido for about 6 months now. What is more strange is that I have taken up strength training again and it hasn't increased my libido at all which is a massive suprise. In the past I was a right randy old goat!

Sorry though, I can not help you with the situation with your girlfriend, as I do not have one anymore haha!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  1:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The same thing has happened to me. If you search on past threads, you will find that what you are experiencing is very common. For me, the complicating changes and order were...

1) Changes in diet - certain foods (especially candy) no longer taste good.
2) Loss of alcohol - my body no longer wants to drink. Even one glass is hard. Anyone want to buy a lot of expensive wine :-)?
3) Drop in libido - My wife has not been happy about it...

Namaste, Jeff

Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  4:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
First, detach - don't let this become a big deal.
Second, it might be because of (frequent) ejacs. I think staying preorgasmic makes it easier to detach from sex: I almost never must have sex, yet can have it wherever/whenever she wants.
I agree on Jeff's points about food etc., and they're a two-way street. When you stay away from ejacs, you systematicaly reduce protein, sweet tastes, hot spicing etc., or thoughts about sex. The first days or week after an ejac, you can rather increase those to replenish more quickly.
If she's keen to, like 24 x 7 , it's a gift - as is female beauty or sex appeal. Simply afford, appreciate, celebrate, and welcome her orgasms, yet gradually learning to disconnect them from the ejac reflex by aplying some of he AYP practices. It takes time but it's worth every second or month or year of it.
'njoy!
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=6683#60117
Go to Top of Page

DAMOMCK

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  02:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit DAMOMCK's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou Woosa, Jeff and HathaTeacher for your open and honest responses. Sorry for my delay in reply to you all, but I have been overseas on holidays and wanted to have a break from modern technology such as mobile phones and computers!!!

Quick question woosa, no intention to pry either and don't feel obliged to answer if you don't wish to: Did the relationship end as a result of the meditation and the subsequent loss of libido? I am only wondering because that is probably my only main concern regarding DM and SBP and although I still want to continue with the practices, I do not want to jeopardize my relationship.

Regards,

Damomck

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  10:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No nothing like that, it was well before I started daily practices. A long time ago when I was at university. She left and our contact diminished over time. I'm not very good at keeping in contact with people .

Take on board what HathaTeacher said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000