Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Stomach distension/poor digestion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adesh

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  05:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Experienced kundalini rising about a year and a half ago. Shortly afterwards I experienced a permanent bloating in my lower left stomach which has remained with me still. My digestion is extremely poor and my appetite is almost non existent despite regular exercise.

I am wondering if anyone with similar side effects has had any success in treating them? Thank you for your help.

yogazord

India
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  3:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God, yes,
i hate the bloating.

In the beginning it was terrible but it has gotten much better
since I started exercising (bouncing up and down speeds digestion and you fart out trapped gas),
and eating less carbs/sugar and junk food such as sauces and stuff.

if you cut down on carbs u need to make sure you still get enough calories per day, either from carbs or protein/fats.

The past few days I have eaten a bit more junkfood than usual and
i've noticed the bloating has crept back up on me. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse cause I know how terrible it can get.

I'm not sure whether the bloating was caused by tension in the muscles surrounding my stomach or an excess in gas. Either way, both of these factors need to be reduced to a minimum for the bloating to get fixed!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  4:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adesh, I understand how you feel when it comes to appetite. My Kundalini woke up about 7 or 8 months ago and my appetite changed pretty fast-not by choice! But it seems all for the better...
I avoid coffee/booze as much as I can, that realllly seems to mess things up, also have to avoid most of the heavier foods. Eating light things, every three hours or so, really seems to keep my body on track, maybe it will be the same for you? I drink a lot of water/tea too.
I also noticed that when Im overdoing practices and need to self pace, my appetite becomes non existent,food just has no appeal...takes a couple of days to come back again.
Just my observations, good luck, I hope things get back on track for you.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  12:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

One common mistake that people make that aggravates bloating, is to eat fruit after a meal. Try eating fruit at least an hour before. Also, having a spoon of isabgol powder with water after each meal helps a great deal.
Go to Top of Page

little_rad

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  05:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is happening to me. Glad I'm not alone x
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  08:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
The bloating felt happens due to higher level digestion going on in our system.
Yogani explains it well in this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/304.html
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  3:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adesh,

The lesson Shanti mentioned is very helpful for understanding what is happening. Luckily, there are also some practical things one can do to alleviate symptoms like this. In my experience, there are two things that can help when digestion is poor;

1. eat easily digestible foods: especially stew like foods work very well. My personal favourite is Kitcheree, a stew with vegetables, mung beans and rice. in certain instances, I have eaten this dish for several weeks, two times a day (and porridge in the morning) and it made my body very strong and healthy, while using a minimum amount of energy to digest the food.
2. Increase pitta with Ayurveda By increasing the digestive fire, by adding certain spices to your food (ginger, black pepper etc.) digestion is improved. How to do this can be found in every Ayurvedic cookbook. I found this one to work very well, but kind of tricky when it comes to Kundalini effects (it can increase them as well).

Your bloating, as with all side effects, will pass in time. I always find great comfort in this thought :)

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  7:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
With me digestion is reduced by a "high raw" diet; high in raw veggies and some fruit. Animal products cause bloating, not just meat but all dairy and eggs too. Always eat the raw veggies (salad type stuff) before any animal products, and make the raw much more volume than cooked and animal, ideal is ten times, I can't do that well, but the higher the better, don't eat any large portions at once, and drink at least two liters of water per day, just plain water not mixed with anything.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  05:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sport People!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000