AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Full Moon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  05:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone else feel crazed on a full moon?

I normally get all kinds of weird energy changes at the peak of the lunar cycle, but the last 24 hours was extra intense.

I was in a great mood, and then all kinds of negative energy was just welling up inside me. I was trying to transform it into bhakti, but eventually i was overwhelmed by it.

I had to just chill out, reclined, and wait for all that to move from my system... i mean my body was straight up moving in a rythmic motion.

Does anyone else ever experience stuff like this on the full moon? I don't know where these emotions came from, but they were so overwhelming, hardly emotions they were so strong.

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  07:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Kundalini is much smarter than us. It knows how to utilise the boost that nature provides to inner energy.

Its like surfing. The bigger the wave, the better the ride.

The best thing is to surrender and let the energy ride on its own. Its also bhakti.

Do not try to transform or interrupt the natural inner process. The best thing is to remember your ishta (guru) if you have any.

And hold the ground firmly. If you now what I mean.

Your perception always has the limits of your capacity not to react. - Samuel Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  10:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is common. It can help to go for walks.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  11:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

This is common. It can help to go for walks.

I don't know how common it is Scott.

Full moons have always given me intense, animal, earthy experiences since my "awakening"... but this was on another level.

The point is, i couldn't really walk. It wasn't like in meditation sometimes with rythmic, even intense automatic motion. This was huge waves of emotional energy riding through me. And not particularly pleaseant, i might add!

Manigma, you're spot on with that. There are those times when you just have to hold on and let go. Wait, is that a paradox?! hehehe

This was so animal, it really took me by surprise. Very lunar maybe?
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  12:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never heard this theory about a full moon before but I had a really bad night, mood swings and insomnia all night.

Interesting.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  12:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tonight,

There is full moon today,a parcial moon eclipse today also(visible from you area) and four planets forming a very unusual cosmic cross in the solar system (Jupiter,saturn,uran and pluto) since june 21.Its realted with opening our selves to new dimentions,releasing the old patterns and opening our hearts to a higher state of consciousness.So,its ( and its going to be) normal to feel many important/powerful feelings and changes this summer (specially).What you feel is normal and related with this cosmic changes on earth that are for coming this next months/years.

Movement and new beginings.Huge/new amounts of a higher frecuency energy coming to our planet this days focused on releasing the old patterns of this world and activate the awakening of our old spiritual memories.

Just relax and follow the path of consciousness.Times are changing faster and faster each day.Just be aware.Surrender is very important at this times (its really the only possibility for going ahead.No more time for global excuses,changes within us are necesary now.They will be manifested outside in the meanwhile)

PS-Pretty normal to feel restlesness also.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 26 2010 1:01:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

I've never heard this theory about a full moon before but I had a really bad night, mood swings and insomnia all night.

Interesting.

Normally for me, full moons mean heightened sense of "earthy" energy. And generally, i don't sleep very well. For example, last night i went to bed at 1 and i woke up at 5 after a restless sleep.

The moon/ida energy is really subconsious type stuff, its hidden, and mysterious, so i think the mood swings you speak of really fit in with that.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been experiencing wild energetic symptoms that coincide with the lunar cycle for some time now. What I personally have found that helps with this is acupuncture. I have a monthly acupuncture treatment and I always get it one or two days before the full moon for this very reason.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  3:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I have been experiencing wild energetic symptoms that coincide with the lunar cycle for some time now. What I personally have found that helps with this is acupuncture. I have a monthly acupuncture treatment and I always get it one or two days before the full moon for this very reason.

Love!

Good idea Carson. I bet that helps even you out.

Generally at these times i feel like i'm going crazy.

But not going crazy in the head, like you ate too many mushrooms or something, but rather crazy emotions that just come out of nowhere and they're so powerful that basically floor me.

I was going to go to a killer party/concert tonight that's a real privelage to attend, but in the end i might be better off just doing some asanas and meditation in savasana i guess!

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  03:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh the full moon drives me up the wall too !
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  08:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste,prana and full moon are directly related,the reason is that there is an increasing activity in the oceans due to the increasing gravitational influence by the moon during foolfull moon) daysour body is mainly water.and our fluids are a little revolted.in hinduism is prescribed fasting during the full moon and new moon days,and the stop of yoga practices too,in hinduism it is believed that the new moon days are the right days to performe evil deeds related to sorcery and blackmagic and is allso the right day to worship for the peace of our departed relatives,its looks there is an increasing spirit activity during these days,each day of the rising moon cicle is called tithis,and each one of them has a specific spiritual quality.new moon to venerate our ancestors ,forth day for the worship of god ,fith for the worship of the mother sixth for the worship of kartikay,ninth for the worship of rama and eleventh and twelve for the worship of vishnu,thirteenth for the worshipof shiva and fourteenth for the worship of shiva and ganesha.there is a very good mantra for all moon related problems,this mantra protects you from blackmagic and evil spirits, evil eye and appease the moon influence.its also a vashikaram(atraction) mantra and gives you much good luck and brings magnetisme to good things is very auspicious.the mantra is AKARSHAY MAHADEVI RAM MAM PRIYAM ,HEY TRIPURE DEVDEVESHI TUBHYAM DASYAMI YANCHITAM.moon days and mondays are very good to worship shiva with any mantra from him like om namah shivaya or the sahasranam,for further information look in google for ekadasi days,namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000