Enlightenment Milestones
 The extinction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  03:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am nothing... but just a thought.

The universe is nothing... but just a thought.

Today I understood why Nisargadatta bowed down and prayed to his Guru's photo even after he became Enlightened.

It was not Nisargadatta.

The thought (that existed as Nisargadatta) was just tucking in the body of Nisargadatta as long as the body remained.

It was just a fraction of the thought Nisargadatta which continued in his body after Enlightenment.

Its like you slip off a cliff but get stuck by the edge on a weak branch. You will hang on it for a while before it breaks and you finally fall deep into the eternal valley of no return.

The extinction.

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  08:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But why does someone pray to a body? Wouldnt it make more sense to pray the air? :)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  09:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can pray to whatever you have faith in.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  08:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, i was just asking myself why someone should have faith in a body. On the other hand, it doesnt matter anyway, i guess.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  03:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
INTO A BLINDING DARKNESS GO THEY WHO WORSHIP ACTION ALONE.
INTO AN EVEN GREATER DARKNESS GO THEY WHO WORSHIP MEDITATION.

FOR IT IS OTHER THAN MEDITATION,
IT IS OTHER THAN ACTION.
THIS WE HAVE HEARD FROM THE ENLIGHTENED ONES.

MEDITATION AND ACTION --
HE WHO KNOWS THESE TWO TOGETHER,
THROUGH ACTION LEAVES DEATH BEHIND AND
THROUGH MEDITATION GAINS IMMORTALITY.

http://www.balbro.com/iam/that9.htm

Today for the first time I realized that being in Samadhi is also a stage. Its just like when we arrive in Samadhi, we realise that what we call the Waking state is also a kind of Sleeping state.

Similarly, Samadhi is also a kind of Sleeping state. Its bit higher than the Waking state but still not the real thing.

At one moment there was such tremendous energy that I couldn't even pray. All I could do was imagine myself as Lord Shiva / Lord Buddha / Osho. This was the only way I could sustain the energy.

Its very strange that the moment I imagined myself as Lord Shiva / Buddha / Osho, I felt no overloading at all. And it felt really really good.

Everyday brings a new experience to me and its getting better and better.

Another thing I noticed is that the more the energy gets built up, the more time it takes to ground and get back to the normal Waking state. So I can write these posts.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  05:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

Its like you slip off a cliff but get stuck by the edge on a weak branch. You will hang on it for a while before it breaks and you finally fall deep into the eternal valley of no return.

The extinction.

All efforts of meditation is to climb that tree and to sit on that weak branch as much we can. Then all we can do is wait... till that branch breaks. I Climbed, sat on that branch for sometime, But my weak and sick body fell down even before the branch breaks.
I again Climbed, But this time I keeps on slipping in the mid way.
But how can any one who sat once on that branch of freedom can stop trying. success is just a matter of time, But it is assured. So Enjoy climbing
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shivoham
All efforts of meditation is to climb that tree and to sit on that weak branch as much we can. Then all we can do is wait... till that branch breaks. I Climbed, sat on that branch for sometime, But my weak and sick body fell down even before the branch breaks.
I again Climbed, But this time I keeps on slipping in the mid way.
But how can any one who sat once on that branch of freedom can stop trying. success is just a matter of time, But it is assured. So Enjoy climbing

I guess you have taken somewhat different meaning to what I meant.

Where did the tree come from? I have written slipping off from a Cliff.

quote:

The extinction.

What I meant was... its like you climb to the top of a cliff with all your effort. And then you realise that all this effort to climb way up was utterly pointless/unnecessary.

And then you laugh and just let go.

That is the moment when you slip off.

I hope it makes sense now.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  12:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I am just a monkey not a monk
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  1:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh.

Jai Shri Ram!!

BTW, it was Lord Hanuman from whom I learnt the path of bhakti/devotion and got much much strength.

His devotion to Lord Rama... the way he sits in meditation and does Japa of Ram... Ram... Ram...

I imagined myself as Hanuman and did the Japa.

The mantra Ram.. Ram.. Ram.. focuses right on your heart.

Its such a heart/strength booster !!

JAI SHRI RAM!!
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy sriraaaaaaam!!!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  04:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I am nothing... but just a thought.

While entering in the witness state today, it was clear once again that all I have learned from becoming Mani, was now going to be useless where I am going.

Osho, Nisargadatta, AYP, the books, the talks, all the spirtual knowledge that Mani had gained in this life. Everything was dropped (left behind) before entering the door of witness.

And on returning back I remembered this folk song by Bulla Shah.

Bulla Shah sings:

I am not the one who prays in the mosque
Nor I am a pagan and follower of false rites
Nor the pure amongst the impure
Neither Moses, nor the Pharoh

I don't know who is Bulla Shah!

I am not in the holy books or Vedas
Nor I am in drugs or in alcohol
Not in the drunkard's crazed state
I am neither awake, nor in a sleeping daze

I am neither in happiness nor in sorrow
Neither clean, nor a filthy mire
Not from water, nor from earth
Neither from fire, nor from air, is my birth

Not an Arab, nor a Lahori
Neither Hindi, nor Nagauri
Hindu, Turk (Muslim), nor Peshawari
Nor do I live in Nadaun (City)

I have neither known the secrets of religion
I am neither born from Adam and Eve
I am not the name I assume
Not in stillness, nor in the movement

I am the beginning and I am the end
I don't recognize any other
No one is as wise as I am
Bulla??? Who is Bulla???

http://rabbism.blogspot.com/2005/07...-lyrics.html

And I don't know who is Mani
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000