Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 KAYA KALPA YOGA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  07:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
Has anyone heard of or practised the two exercises of Kaya Kalpa yoga. Is it good? if so, Could you please share it with everyone, if anyone has heard/practised of it.

It is supposed to thicken the sexual vital fluid in the body and is said to control sexual craving and increase sexual potency

Thanks in advance.

Do what u do, DO WELL

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  11:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that sounds very familiar. can you refresh my memory a bit regarding Kaya Kalpa. I might know something about it if I can just get a clue to get my memory jogged.....
Go to Top of Page

GEM24

India
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  05:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit GEM24's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know much abt it...thats Y the post

Do what u do, DO WELL
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  3:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
kayakalpa is a very powerful process of rejuvenation through purification.the method of kayakalpa is basically based on satkarmas or internal cleaning techniques,shank prakshalana,neti kriya,kunjal kriya ,basti,sauna ,dieta,pranayam, mantra and meditation.during three weeks, the yoguis perform an intensive process of purification with these techniques,eliminating most of the toxines of the organisme,with the result of a very healthy and rejuvenated body.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read it was a ancient science that elaborated magical/yogic substances mixing some particular plants.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  6:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hola miguel,well i have a book from andree van lysebeth,and exposes the Kaya Kalpa healing techniques.the term kaya kalpa means renewal of body,its related to Ayurveda.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  8:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omarkaya,

I read it in "babaji and the 18 siddhas tradition" by marshall govindan.But if your search on google the defition is what you are talking about.So,you are right.

but...extract from the book:

quote:
Transformation of his physical body (talking about boganathar history)

Bhogar decided to overcome the limitations of the Chinese body,with its degenerative tendencies, and prolong its life through the use of thekaya kalpa herbs long enough for the effect of Kriya Kundalini Pranayama andrelated yogic techniques to bring swarupa samadhi. In his poem BhogarJñana Sutra 8, verse number 4, he describes vividly what happened after carefully preparing a tablet using thirty five different herbs:

With great care and patience Imade the (kaya kalpa) tablet and then swallowed it:
Not waiting for fools andskeptics who would not appreciate its hidden meaning and importance.
Steadily I lived in the land of the parangis (foreigners) For twelve thousand years, my fellow!
I lived for a long time and fedon the vital ojas (sublimated spiritual energy)
With the ojas vindhu I received the name, Bhogar:
The body developed the golden color of the pill:
Now I am living in a world of gold

(based upontranslation by Yogi S.A.A. Ramaiah, 1979, p. 40-42).

He chose three of his best disciples and his faithful dog, and took thorn to the top of a mountain. After first offering atablet to the dog, the dog immediately fell over dead. He next offered it to his leading disciple, Yu, who also immediately fell over dead. After offeringit to the two remaining disciples, who by this time were extremely nervous, andwho promptly hid their tablets rather than swallow them, Bhoganathar swallowed the remaining tablets and also fell over unconscious. Crying with grief, the two remaining disciples went down the mountain to get material to bury the bodies. When the disciples returned to the spot where the bodies hadbeen left lying, all that was found was a note, in Bhoganathar’s handwriting, which said:

The kaya kalpa tablets are working. After awakening from their trance I restored faithful Yu and the dog. You have missed your chance for immortality. (Ibid.)

This kaya kalpa enabled Bhoganathar to transform the Chinese body over a period of 12,000 years, during which time it developed a lustrous golden color. (The physiological transformation to thestate of swarupa samadhi was, however, completed only later, at Palani in the final phases of Kriya Kundalini Yoga and related practices. Thesephases will be described in chapter 11. Bhoganathar’s own graphic description is recorded in the poem at the end of this chapter Initiation into Samadhi.)

Not trying to refute what you say,cz its obvious thats what you talk about (you find the same information in the web).But this new information surprise me.I always tought it was what was writen in this book (based on ancient texts).

Edited by - miguel on Jan 07 2010 8:41:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  9:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hola mike,i dont see any discrepance on both informations,both are related to healing and rejuvenation.in ayurveda the use of herbs is very common.and Andre van lysebeth,mentions the use of herbs on the treatment,so, they could perfectly be called kaya kalpa herbs.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok,i understand.thanks for clarification.
Go to Top of Page

sshubh

India
14 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  06:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
i found some descriptions of kaya kalpa yoga of vethathiri maharshi so thought of sharing here, as i myself have learnt a lot from the forums here. If anything needs to be corrected or better elaborated to make it clearer, please do add your info.

It consists of doing Ashwini Mudra and Ojus Breath in different postures. They define ojus breath as follows:
1)Moolapantham - push the ectoplasm from the mooladhar( sexual vital gland)
2)turn the tongue - pull the ectoplasm from the thuriyam (pineal gland)
3)air breathe from nose - ectoplasm travel from sexual vital gland to pineal gland through sugkuma nadi
4)air release from mouth in teeth cap - ectoplasm travel from pineal gland to each and every cell of the body
5)Release Moolapantham

Other general instructions are:
When do we do Kaya Kalpa? : When do we do Kaya Kalpa? Kaya Kalpa exercise Morning Evening Before Bed While taking Food and Drinking water
General Instructions : General Instructions Kaya Kalpa should be learned and practiced only after the age of maturity (fourteen years). Do not do the exercise when the stomach is full. The proper time for the practice is before food or four hours afters a main meal. Men and women who have undergone surgical operations such as vasectomy, hysterectomy, laproscopy, etc., should wait for 3 months before starting Kaya Kalpa. These exercises and family planning operations will not contradict one another in any way. During the first week only one 'Ojus Breath' is to be done in each posture. After a week you may do two Breaths in each posture, which is the maximum. In the beginning if you avoid sex for a week that will be more beneficial.
Special Instructions for Women : Special Instructions for Women Women should not do these exercises during the menstrual period for 3-5 days. Women should not do the 'Ojus Breath' as forcefully as men do. There should be no excessive sucking force in inhalation or pressing force in exhalation. After the second month of pregnancy, the Ojus breath should be discontinued. 'Aswini Mudra' may be done until the date of delivery of the child. Actually by doing 'Aswini Mundra' regularly, in all postures of Kaya Kalpa, the delivery of the child will be rendered easy. Kaya Kalpa practice can be resumed one month after delivery. During sexual activity women should do 'Aswini Mudra' up to 20 times with an interval such as one in four seconds.
Special Instructions for Men : Special Instructions for Men If one has a low sperm-count and wants a child, he should not practice 'Ojus Breath'. The sperm-count will be increased considerably by doing only 'Aswini Mudra' at least 10-20 times in every posture. During sexual activity men should do 'Aswini Mudra' continuously. When the feeling of ejaculation comes, one or two 'Ojus Breath' should be done. Those who intend to be get a child should not do the 'Ojus Breath' during sex. Those who have heart-trouble and high blood pressure should practice Kundalini Meditation which is taught in all our SKY centers. Also they have to do the Ojus Breath very gently, without sucking force and pressure force.
Morning Exercise - I : Morning Exercise - I 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
Morning Exercise - II : Morning Exercise - II 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
Morning Exercise - III : Morning Exercise - III 10 'Aswini Mudra' Men 1 'Ojus Breath' Women 1 'Ojus Breath'
Evening Exercise - I : Evening Exercise - I 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
Evening Exercise - II : Evening Exercise - II 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
Evening Exercise - III : Evening Exercise - III 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
Night, Before Sleep : Night, Before Sleep 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'
While taking Food or Drinking water : While taking Food or Drinking water 10 'Aswini Mudra' 1 'Ojus Breath'

The postures (named as 'Exercise' in above table) can be seen at https://www.scribd.com/doc/19490345...f-Kaya-Kalpa

Please do elaborate on these descriptions if you have better information.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000