Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Reishi mushroom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  4:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Generally I have found that whatever is stimulating tends to mess up my meditation.

The only herb I have ever found that perks me up, but does not mess up my meditation to any extent, is Reishi mushroom.

I wonder if any of you yogis have any experience with it.

( Reishi mushroom does not perk everyone up, by the way. )

Edited by - david_obsidian on Feb 02 2006 12:16:26 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  7:13:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Generally I have found that whatever is stimulating tends to mess up my meditation.

The only herb I have ever found that perks me up, but does not mess up my meditation to any extent, is Reishi mushroom.

I wonder if any of you yogis have any experience with it.

( Reishi mushroom does not perk everyone up, by the way. )

Whats Reishi mushroom? not magic mushroom I asume.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  11:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually as mushrooms are a fungus they are not normally in a yogic diet
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  12:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a reasonably well-known herb, and very highly regarded 'herb', and easily found by googling.

From a sample site:
Deep in antiquity, Reishi was routinely used by mountain hermits, monks, Taoist adepts and spiritual seekers throughout Asia because it was believed to help calm the mind, ease tension, strengthen the nerves, strengthen memory, sharpen concentration, improve focus, build will power and, as a result, help build wisdom. That is why it was called the "Mushroom of Spiritual Potency" by these seekers

The exact brand I have used is here:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/...p?id=PL-1112

Edited by - david_obsidian on Feb 02 2006 12:13:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  12:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave said:
Actually as mushrooms are a fungus they are not normally in a yogic diet

Yes. 'Mushrooms are bad' and 'Garlic is bad' does tend to float around in the yogic tradition, and I think they are both big mistakes. I brought that up as a topic a long time ago.

Common admonitions in our tradition are not always right! That's why we're here, to polish it up.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Feb 02 2006 12:17:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000