Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Lahiri Mahasaya' s reputation in India
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was just wondering if the Indians on this board can tell me about Lahiri Mahasaya' s reputation in India.

My parents from Andhra, never heard of him. They only know about Ramakrishna.

I am wondering if Lahiri Mahasaya is an unknown in India.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  11:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know about his reputation throughout all India, but he surely was known to many yogis. Is it important? He is one of my favorites :)

http://www.biographyonline.net/spir...mahasaya.jpg
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  11:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Don't know about his reputation throughout all India, but he surely was known to many yogis.

But is that even true?
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  12:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hamsa Yogi comments on Lahiri M in this video ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHeQYqIcLnI

Go to Top of Page

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  5:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste:

I was born and bought up in India (southern India - Mysore). I only heard about Lahiri Mahasaya only when my spiritual journey started. My best guess is that, he is better known in Varanasi / Bengal region more. But other yogis like Ramakrishna / Vivekananda are known to every one (reason being these yogis life are included in school text books).

I also think that other yogis like Ramana Maharshi are less known to common man in north India (except for those are on spiritual journey)compared to south India.

Regards

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hemanthks

Namaste:

I was born and bought up in India (southern India - Mysore). I only heard about Lahiri Mahasaya only when my spiritual journey started. My best guess is that, he is better known in Varanasi / Bengal region more. But other yogis like Ramakrishna / Vivekananda are known to every one (reason being these yogis life are included in school text books).

I also think that other yogis like Ramana Maharshi are less known to common man in north India (except for those are on spiritual journey)compared to south India.

Similar to my experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000