Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Drumming in left ear
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  12:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends,

Since last night my left ear started to pulsate with low muffled drumming like sounds, much faster than heart rate. It has been going on nonstop till now.

I suspect that this is caused by over meditations (4 40 minutes sessions) a couple of days ago. During those meditations, my head is pulled back and then forth (auto yoga), and it did not want to stop, so I just allowed it. I will take this as a lesson and remember to be moderate in later practice always!

Any advice on reducing the drumming sensation in the ear? Thanks!

Edited by - Pheel on Apr 05 2010 5:22:21 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  5:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Grounding and self pacing.

4 40 min sessions of AYP deep meditation is a bit too much. I remember overdoing meditation and kechari once and hearing a constant low pitch chanting in a of the maha mrintunjay mantra in my ear for a couple of days. It did go away on it's own... but yes self pacing and grounding helped.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  5:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti, you never fail to show up to help when I am in need! Thank you so much!

I have come to realize it's the pattern of my karma that makes things easily turning out to be dramatic for me. (So far this life of mine has had quite a few major ups and downs, I tend to be extreme.) I feel as my yoga is getting rid of karma, my karma is affecting my yoga. I have to react to this. I will keep telling myself: "Be modest, be moderate."

Ps, is mild crown activities associated with 3rd eye OK?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  8:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome.

Just remind yourself this is a marathon... not a sprint. Overdoing will result in two steps forward one step back.

Also, mild third eye, crown is normal... as these purify and open you will feel sensations in these areas. The overload is felt as discomfort and you will know when you are heading toward a overload... best to back off then.

In general if you keep up with 10 min spinal breathing and 20 min meditation twice a day it will be a smooth ride. It's when we push... (which I did loads off in the beginning too and suffered the consequences.. hence my advice to slow down ) we get uncomfortable overload symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,
The mess I made remind me of the program "Boston's worst driver." I'll try to be a neat driver later:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000