Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama -Blockages in Neurobiology
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogani,

Since Samyama serves to remove obstructions of any kind, would it not make sense to add a sutra during normal samyama after DM, to "fast-forward" the clearing up of the neurobiology, and commence ecstatic conductivity, especially for under-sensitive people?

Krish

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  3:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

What is your current practice routine?
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  03:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Asanas and Mahamudra; standing uddiyana,moola and jalandhara bandhas and nauli(5min); 20 min. SBP with 1st stage kechari, moolabandha/ashwini mudra and sambhavi; Chin pump 5 mins; DM 20 min.; Samyama 10 min.; YMk 4 min.; Cosmic Samyama 5 min; rest -5 to 10 min.

All this has been gradually built up over nearly one year, and has continued for one year now in its full gamut.Once a week, I enhance SBP to 30 min.
There is some inner silence; I see the Sushumna clearly during YMK. Some general energy movements perceived during SBP, but nothing up the sushumna yet

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 01 2010 06:50:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  03:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Christi,

Asanas and Mahamudra; standing uddiyana,moola and jalandhara bandhas(5min); 20 min. SBP with 1st stage kechari, moolabandha/ashwini mudra and sambhavi; Chin pump 5 mins; DM 20 min.; Samyama 10 min.; YMk 4 min.; Cosmic Samyama 5 min; rest -5 to 10 min.

All this has been gradually built up over nearly one year, and has continued for one year now in its full gamut.Once a week, I enhance SBP to 30 min.
There is some inner silence; I see the Sushumna clearly during YMK. Some general energy movements perceived during SBP, but nothing up the sushumna yet

Krish

I have no answer to your question, but i have to say that reading about your routine is VERY INSPIRING! I am just now entering the Samayama phase.

All the best,
Rael!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  04:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

quote:
Hi Christi,

Asanas and Mahamudra; standing uddiyana,moola and jalandhara bandhas(5min); 20 min. SBP with 1st stage kechari, moolabandha/ashwini mudra and sambhavi; Chin pump 5 mins; DM 20 min.; Samyama 10 min.; YMk 4 min.; Cosmic Samyama 5 min; rest -5 to 10 min.

Krish

Sounds like a great routine. The reason I was asking is because there are usually more powerful ways of fast-forwarding the purification process rather than using samyama. In this case I would recommend adding 2 minutes of spinal bastrika after SBP. It is a very powerful practice, and really got things moving for me.

Of course there is no reason why you could not also experiment with adding a samyama sutra. Something like : "Divine light- purification of the body". But we do already have two sutras, "Radiance" and "Inner sensuality" which are both designed to purify the subtle body and bring it to a state of radiating ecstasy. So adding another could be a case of doubling up. It is always your call of course.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  06:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I forgot to mention, but I do 3 to 4 mins. SB Bastrika just before DM. Whole routine repeated twice daily.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 01 2010 06:52:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  08:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish and all, in case you haven't Krish you can add the Self enquiry sutra. that's a very impressive routine btw, beautiful and inspiring bhakti...

Best wishes... onwards(f)
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  12:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I have in fact added this too, in the last few weeks, in my Samyama session.

And Hi Rael, thanks. You just have to keep going on I guess.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 01 2010 12:05:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  3:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

What mantra are you using?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  5:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe "Divine Flow"?
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  11:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Shree Shree, I am, I am, for the last 8 mths.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 01 2010 11:39:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  05:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

Well, it looks like you have got a pretty full plate of practices going there. There is not much more you could add at this stage, other than the second mantra enhancement, heart breathing and brahmani.

The second mantra enhancement could well be worth considering as the OM aspect works in a powerful way with the SREE aspect of the mantra.

You could also look at adding a slight kumbhaka at the top and bottom of SBP practice if you don't do it already. I think it is mentioned in the lesson for under-sensitive meditators.

Let us know how it goes with the samyama if you do use it.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I do an 8 sec kumbhaka at the top and a 5 sec at the bottom during SBP. What are "heart breathing" and "brahmani"? Is it useful to do the 2nd mantra enhancement now?

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 04 2010 08:12:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  2:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

quote:
What are "heart breathing" and "brahmani"?

Heart breathing is covered here:

http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

That is definately a practice I would recommend, as the heart is often the first to open in the development of ecstatic conductivity.

Brahmari (sorry, my spelling mistake) is covered in an addition to lesson 229 in the AYP easy lessons book. It is a minor energetic practice, but it is another one that I would recommend.

quote:
Is it useful to do the 2nd mantra enhancement now?

I would say yes. It adds a new dynamic to the mantra. The OM aspect resonates with the brain stem, and also with the root chakra. It is always up to you of course, as you are in the driving seat.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  2:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Krish and Christi

quote:
Is it useful to do the 2nd mantra enhancement now?

I would say yes. It adds a new dynamic to the mantra. The OM aspect resonates with the brain stem, and also with the root chakra. It is always up to you of course, as you are in the driving seat.

Hi Krish:

You might wish to consider the alternate path for mantra enhancements, as discussed in this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/369.html

The original sequence is more aggressive, which may be what you prefer, but it is good to be aware of the alternate mantra enhancement sequence also, which is more balanced. Both mantra enhancement sequences are shown in the lesson. Your choice.

Whether we are talking about deep meditation mantra enhancements, samyama, or energetic practices (pranayama, mudras, bandhas, etc.), it is always about stimulating the operative principles in our nervous system for purification and opening. We can try many angles to find our way through. But no matter what techniques we are using, the matrix of obstructions in our nervous system will have to unwind, and that will be the limiting factor in the speed of our unfoldment.

Which is not to say we cannot optimize our practices for maximum progress with stability. We certainly can. That is what self-directed practice with the AYP "toolbox" is all about. However, if we press too hard, we may find ourselves in an unstable opening, and the accompanying discomfort can lead to a loss of motivation to practice, and to our progress. This is why we say less can be more, especially when we find ourselves skirting along the "bleeding edge" of purification and opening. Indeed, we are all pioneers here, on the frontier of human spiritual transformation within us.

Getting back to your original question, it would be very nice if we had a samyama sutra that could "fast-forward" us to enlightenment, regardless of our unique purification and opening requirements. When you discover it, please report back and let us all know.

There are sutra research options in the appendix of the Samyama book, but any additions we may experiment with short term are not likely to exceed the power of a balanced list of sutras used daily in core practice, year in and year out.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  08:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani, Christi,

I realised, after posting my query re: using Samyama to expedite awakening of ecstatic conductivity, that, all said and done, it is really only pranayama,supplemented with appropriate mudras and bandhas, that is the core practice for raising EC. Samyama is a longer term "technique", for achieving any "effect".
However, if we can identify any "granthi/s" that are causing the obstruction, even after a good degree of purification in the neuro-biology,and that need to be un-knotted,before K can flow freely,then that needs to be addressed,perhaps with some special techniques. Am I right in this assumption?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani, Christi,

I realised, after posting my query re: using Samyama to expedite awakening of ecstatic conductivity, that, all said and done, it is really only pranayama,supplemented with appropriate mudras and bandhas, that is the core practice for raising EC. Samyama is a longer term "technique", for achieving any "effect".
However, if we can identify any "granthi/s" that are causing the obstruction, even after a good degree of purification in the neuro-biology,and that need to be un-knotted,before K can flow freely,then that needs to be addressed,perhaps with some special techniques. Am I right in this assumption?

Krish

Hi Krish:

Generally, it can be a diversion to go looking for specific energy blockages to deal with them individually. It can be like leaving the main controls of the car to individually supervise the engine, transmission and wheels, where we are no longer dealing with the overall operation of the vehicle. The nervous system is like that. Many things are going on, but there are only a few main controlling mechanisms that enable us to facilitate the process of human spiritual transformation in a holistic way.

If we are doing our core practices, the details will be attended to naturally in time. That said, there are a few more intense practices we can use to open the sushumna energetically, but we should be careful not to force things too much. Kumbhaka with mudras and bandhas can be used in this way, and/or with intense asanas like mahamudra. Bastrika and targeted bastrika can also be used for this purpose.

Actually, deep meditation and samyama are the best ways to approach the awakening of ecstatic conductivity, because these put a foundation of abiding inner silence underneath, which is coming into ecstatic energetic awakening from within. We can supplement this with the energy practices for an accelerated balanced opening. The trick is not to get too far ahead of the rise of abiding inner silence with energy practices. If we do, there will be a price to pay in discomfort and slower progress during extended periods of self-pacing.

If we are coming from the outside inward with a primary focus on energy practices, including focusing on what we believe are the knots in our neurobiology, it can end up in quite a mess, as we have seen from time to time with visitors coming here from those kinds of approaches.

So, from the inside out is suggested as the surest course. This does not mean intense energy practices should be avoided. Only brought in when we feel we have the inner silence to support and sustain a balanced opening. Inner silence calls us to these things when we are ready. We will know it when we see it.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  01:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring post. Thank you Krish and Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You haven't mentioned amaroli, Krish. How about that?
I presume you practice siddhasana, though you didn't mention it.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  01:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mimiron,

I have decided not to add anything more till I have fully stabilised in what I am doing and see progress.Siddhasana,is already included.

What is your routine and where are you in terms of progress?

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Apr 05 2010 01:41:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  01:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Yogani,

I understand what you mean-that developing a solid base of inner silence through DM and Samyama and then, if necessary, aggressively pursuing energy raising practices, is the best way to ensure smooth progress. But again, you say in your lessons, that one should not "overdo" DM, and limit it to 20 mins, twice daily. Is there harm in aggressively doing DM, say, 45 min. twice daily, to accelerate building up of inner silence? I know you have said that "more is usually less", but other systems, like Buddhism, and even Kriya Yoga, seem to advocate more meditation.My purpose in this line of reasoning and querying, is, as must be obvious to you, to try and make up for "lost time".

Krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogani,

I understand what you mean-that developing a solid base of inner silence through DM and Samyama and then, if necessary, aggressively pursuing energy raising practices, is the best way to ensure smooth progress. But again, you say in your lessons, that one should not "overdo" DM, and limit it to 20 mins, twice daily. Is there harm in aggressively doing DM, say, 45 min. twice daily, to accelerate building up of inner silence? I know you have said that "more is usually less", but other systems, like Buddhism, and even Kriya Yoga, seem to advocate more meditation.My purpose in this line of reasoning and querying, is, as must be obvious to you, to try and make up for "lost time".

Krish

Hi Krish:

Deep meditation with mantra is more powerful than styles of meditation that allow sitting for hours. Longer sittings with mantra bring increased risk of overload and instability. If you are increasing meditation time, do it in 5 minute increments, with at least a few weeks in-between to make sure things are stable. Meditation time of more than 30 minutes is not advised, but you are in charge, and are armed with self-pacing.

If substantially more deep meditation with mantra is desired, it is better to do it in "retreat mode," removed from daily responsibilities, with one or two extra cycles of our entire routine done each day in a structured schedule. Guidelines for this are in the Eight Limbs of Yoga book (and Lesson 387), with extra retreat practice routine details here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1416
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1428

Solo retreats are possible, but it is better to do it with a group. We are not there yet with regularly scheduled retreat events everywhere. In time, we will be...

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  03:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Mimiron,

I have decided not to add anything more till I have fully stabilised in what I am doing and see progress.Siddhasana,is already included.

What is your routine and where are you in terms of progress?

Krish

Hi Krish,

that's a wise approach of course. I follow the same guideline. You are doing outstandingly.

As to my progress, I am practicing AYP now for about 17 months continuously.

My routine goes currently as follows: Amaroli; Asanas+Uddiyana+Nauli 30min; Siddhasana; Kapalabhati; Mulabandha+Sambhavi+Kechari stage 3; SBP 10 min; DM 20 min; Samyama 10 min.

I observe 99% Brahmacharya.

I'll be adding YMK soon, since I feel pretty stable once again. It took some time to get used to Amaroli, and I had a pretty intense overdose in the beginning. Kechari has surprisingly no significant effects so far. I utilize systematically also other additional transformative methods.

In fact, at times I get also worried about ecstatic conductivity not developing significantly. Or, to be accurate, about the symptoms not being apparent. Who knows, progress might probably still be there, even if symptoms aren't significant. As to kundalini, these days I experience mostly only movements of the physical body - shaking, stretching, etc. Those are always there. But no internal experiences lately. I'm still not sure where to feel the Sushumna, never seen or felt it. I think I'm ready for some more energy & adventure

All the best and thanks for asking,

Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Apr 07 2010 04:51:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roman,

Thanks for sharing.Why did you start Amaroli so early? You say you had an overdose. What really happened? In Yogani's "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living', the lesson on Amaroli is right at the end. I therefore thought it should be taken up much later. But on reading it again I see there is no bar to starting it early.
I was able to see the sushumna right from the first time I did YMK( a bright golden annular circle with a purple core and a white star in the centre).

Krish
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I never considered Amaroli to be an actual part of the routine as such. So I also didn't think of it as being an early or a late component of the routine. Also, I'm building up my routine more according to the instructional handbooks then the lessons, although I have the big book and do read it. So, since I read all the books up to Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli, I naturally started to think of Amaroli as a practice to take on. One morning then I simply woke up being very very curious about the taste of my urine, and so I went for it....

As to the overdose, I discussed it here. If you scroll down, I elaborated there on the experience a little. I wasn't the only one to experience this type of overdose and I'd advice anyone to rather avoid it if possible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000