Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 The Road ahead is getting harder ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  11:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends,

I'm back with more kundalini episode. Would appreciate if you have something to say about this. Thanks!

I have been practicing AYP for 3.5 months now, adding pranayama a month ago and mulabandha 10 days ago.

From the very beginning, I've been feeling warmth in belly and different parts of my body. And since I passed the clunky stage of pranayama and mulabanda, I've recently feeling strong current of warmth/heat running from bottom to head reaching the 3rd eye from back. Previously, I just felt a tinkling effect in the 3rd eye. This time, I felt the energy's stuck in my head and putting pressure on my 3rd eye and two sides of the head. very unpleasant. sometimes feel a bit dizzy. And worse, this time walking doesn't seem to ground it very well as before. I don't know how to deal with this effectively. I feel it's gonna be harder and harder once the energy's awakened and running all around. It's hard to control it.
I'm planning to reduce pranayama time and maybe lay aside mulabandha for a while and see what happens. Will also try to avoid doing the session during noon. And see what will happen.
I sense the road ahead is getting to be harder, and my bharkti is reduced.

Phil

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  09:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,
I know we don't recommend adding any more practices till things smooth out, but there is a partner practice that goes with mulabandha... that is sambhavi mudra... when you are in mulabandh there is an automatic pull for the eyes to go into sambhavi mudra... and maybe that pressure you are feeling in your third eye is because you have not added sambhavi yet. So before you back off mulabandha, add sambhavi mudra and see if that helps.

Obviously, we don't want to go overboard, so reduce the time in mulabandha and sambhavi to a few min. So don't do your full pranayama in mulabandha and sambhavi, but just for the first few min of pranayama do both and see if the pressure in the third eye reduces.

Again, do this if you feel comfortable adding this, else just back off mulabandha for now and stick with pranayama and meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Thank you for the advice! Upon second thought, I think the symptoms might have been caused by my getting up to bathroom during the meditation.
I reduced the pranayama time and put aside mulabandha this morning. The heat going up is reduced and the energy was able to run down and complete the micro cosmic circle. I still feel the pressure on both temples, but I feel all right now.
I will try adding on sambhavi to pair mulabandha, and see what happens. Will let you know. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  3:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi shanti,

I've done two sessions of 5min pranayama with both mulabandha and sambhavi. Sambhavi came easily and the energy, I felt, was refined. No longer that heat, but warmth defusing into the whole body. I could feel energy coming down my throat into chest to finally finish the circle. Then after the session the energy also settled down into the four limbs. The third eye is indeed the control.
After the second session this morning, huge amount of tear bursted out. (I've been tearing at end of session for more than a week now).
I no longer feel dizzy, but still I feel an obvious presence of the 3rd eye all the time except when I concentrate on something else. slight pressure is still felt from 3rd eye down my nose and to the two temples. Besides this, I feel good, though a bit more detached.
I think I'd stick with this routine for a few more days and see what happens. Any comments, suggestions? Thank you!

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000