Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Formula to cure mental disorders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

progressivethinker

India
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  12:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit progressivethinker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read this article recently in "The Hindu." A Yoga instructor has written this article, and he says that a combo of pranayama, surya namaskara, and 10 minute meditation can cure mental disorders. Check it out:

http://beta.thehindu.com/health/fit...omepage=true

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 20 2010 12:16:07 PM

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  12:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I fully credit meditation and various forms of energy work (including pranayama) with allowing me to get off of depression meds. I had been on them for over 10 years (as well as talk therapy for, well, forever ;), and was convinced I would be on them for the rest of my life, kind of like diabetes medication...

I've come to realize that the mind/body nexus is such that much of what we've segregated into mental/emotional is actually part of our nerve structure (physical and subtle), and can be dealt with much more appropriately - and successfully - in that fashion.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The author claims that yogic science has any bad side effects but there is no way of controlling how mental issues are cleared by meditation and so I think that care must be taken if one is relying simply on meditation. Without support and guidance in meditation one can experience many problems during purification as many have found out on this forum.Care must be taken.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello,i absolutely agrre with you progressivethinker,the surya namaskar,is one of the most complete hatha yoga exercises,it integrates,dinamic asana,pranayama,mantras,and meditation,surya namaskar purify the whole sistem.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  10:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there are some very useful mantras to cure mentral disorders and the recitation of the 32 names of durga stand among the best remedies to heal twisted severe cases of depression schizophrenia blackmagic and spirit possesion,in such cases several recitations of the 32 durga names are prescribed,and after the recitations one should recite the bija mantra shreem with ful oxigen, spelling a long shreeeeeemmmmmm it should last the oxigen expiration.the 32 durga names are considered very powerful mantras and are part of the chandi path one of the most potent mantras of durga.these are the only mantras which have to be recited laud ,they have the particular power to induce deep state of meditation,so the inner fobias and worries get healed.you can learn the right pronunciation of these names on youtube and to memorize them is well worth to try,its a peaceful unique experience and a priceless help in times of crisis.
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  7:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with riptiz, care must be taken. Also, if meditation and chanting and all that can cure mental illness you'd think all medical centers would be using it, like the Mayo Clinic. Sure there have been studies that show this or that, but as a rule, no it doesn't.

Not that it would not help, but unless your trained in the field you could be doing a disservice to someone who really needs medication or other forms of intervention. The extreme behavior is found in the news where some religious group fatally denies medical help for one of their members based on just scriptural interpretation.

Of course, where no real medical help is available traditional and esoteric help is warranted. In my opinion, at this time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000